It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Putin: Russia will help Syria in case of foreign military assault.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

here to praying your right worldnews.nbcnews.com... from the link

Obama will address country on Syria; calls crisis ‘threat to global peace’
McCain speaking live www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unloved
404 this:

Oh man, you are clueless!

edit on 182013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

404 this:

Skip to 1:55

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I hope Russia, China, Iran, Syria and the rest understand that "We the People" are not our Government and act accordingly.

Well... I don't want to attack Syria, but if the little fellas wanna play with the big Man on the block they are gonna get a smack down. I don't think the US trembles at the might of Russia, Syria or Iran. I don't think China would do anything to interrupt the flow of goods to Walmart. I just stopped by Harbor Freight on the way home from work. Damn those Chinese make some cheap products. That place is like grown-man crack. You think China is going disembowel their economy over Syria? I don't think so.

America haters have to understand that we spend more on the military then almost everyone else combined. We are NOT a paper tiger. Were a fully grown cyborg tiger with fricken lasers on our head.

V

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I was waiting for you or Nef to 404 this thread...........

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

6.5 billion people just don't care.

Man, You speak for all of them, eh?

I think you need a hug, unloved.........

The US will be destroyed by its very own arrogance. All empires end up this way.

Killing off 17 million natives and mass murdering for profit under the pretense of peace and freedom will have a price in the end.

Sweet and tender irony.

In the end? We are already paying the price.. it's called taxes. When you speak of the arrogance of the US I hope you are only blindly pointing your finger at the government. Or are all of the people who are calling their senators and representatives saying we don't want to be involved in Syria arrogant as well? I for one know that I am arrogant, if It was my vote the whole ME would have been turned into a glass parking lot years ago and even I don't want us to get involved in Syria.

Every country has been founded on mass murder, war and genocide at one point or another. Since the US is the most recent and most successful one to come about people only seem to remember the transgressions that got us here and may forget how their country came to be.
edit on 6-9-2013 by kdyam because: dotting the i's

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think Russia still has a sore butt from not being #1 after all these years. They've always been behind us in pretty much everything.

Meethinks Putin is just being an ass to America because he can. I've been to a former Soviet country, and I can tell you that THEY think they are the greatest, and are very distrustful of Americans, more so than we are of them.

Funny story...while in Moldova I was asked by a female if I was Jewish. I said, "No?" I was promptly told to, "prove it".

I told her I'm American and that type of litmus test doesn't really work, and had to explain why...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

they ain't backing down at all.....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Iran Russia China

Look at the headlines, isn't it clear

we need to question the sanity of our President

I just sent this message to the Prez and the WH:

PLEASE do NOT attack Syria. It is clear from Russia's and Iran's response that it WILL trigger a major war. Is the killing of millions really worth "saving face"?
Our troops are war weary, we already can't fund another war and how can you even consider letting our troops be mercenaries for some middle eastern country? Now it looks like you are even afraid to hear from congress as it is being considered to drop the vote on the issue. It is quite clear from the calls and messages from the American people that 99.9% of the American people OPPOSE getting involved in a 3 year old civil war. I question the sanity of considering going ahead with this in the face of Russia and Iran threatening to get involved and the ENTIRE world saying don't do it!

I also sent a similar message to my congressman and senators begging them to force a vote so we can impeach this "mad man" if he runs us headlong into WWIII

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So Slayer, you work for the DOD???

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Always knew there was something dodgy about you!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
I keep trying to ignore these threads since it gets my blood boiling but I can't because I'm so stunned at how much this guy misuses the power that has been given to him.

What's even worse is that if this country survives this administration every succeeding president will know exactly how much this guy got away with, and know that they can do the same.

I truly feel as if people behind the scenes carefully chose this particular person to be president due to his personality - knowing he would do whatever he wanted, to not only undo the US but aid terrorism. Its surreal.

I totally agree, and every time I see him speak it becomes obvious to me that he's in that office to do someone else's bidding, and it has nothing to do with making this a better country. It is surreal.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

404 this:

Skip to 1:55

i personally think this is good pulp and not just another case of Pulp Fiction ~out of hand~

deserves some connecting of dots ..like Anon did with the IP Log ins & the 'working schedule times of activity'

off hand I'd say theres a ray of daylight shining on the ATS delivery system, eh

in response to the post above this one :

DE-FUND the WH operating expenses...
cut off the lights & water. utilities... let them all move to Camp David until he resigns before being justifiably ....Impeached & removed from office
edit on 6-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Don't see Russia as having a complex regarding America, I don't think Putin would swap being president of America for Russia, he basically is the boss there where as Barak is more of a leader of a school debating team.

Possibly he would like access to the army.

I would guess Putin has gained a lot more support lately though he seems to be playing this agenda much better than Barak who I could see really losing face over this.

All in all though not sure I trust Putin he is power hungry and seems ruthless which although traits I don't totally dislike its probably a little jealously and fear.

Barak has messed up this time I feel. No one knows the fight out there and he wants to start bombing one side when we can hardly distinguish either.

If you are the global peace keeper you should be breaking up the fight not poking the guy who is winning in the eyes because he kicked the other in the balls. If its a regional power play you have to be stronger and establishing yourself rather than looking for petty excuses.

Personally Im not against wiping out their forces but then you have to do it in a way the fight stops, not just leveling the playing field to drag it out.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The US will be destroyed by its very own arrogance. All empires end up this way.

Killing off 17 million natives and mass murdering for profit under the pretense of peace and freedom will have a price in the end.

Sweet and tender irony.

This seems as good a time as any to note what the world had to look forward to and enjoy the last time a major global empire collapsed. (it was global to what they understood that term to mean). After the Roman Empire fell in the late 5th Century, over THREE HUNDRED years passed before the "Dark Ages" which followed are considered by anyone to have ended. Some carry it quite a bit further into what others now term the Middle Ages.

The one thing very safe to say though, however you date the darkness after the fall of Rome? No one alive when it happened, the children they had or THEIR Children lived to see a 'better day' afterward. Not a single one who may have partied to see the corruption of Rome come down, saw anything but much much worse until the day they each died.

Only generations later, would anyone see the light coming from the future to lift folks out of the limbo they'd been relegated to by what followed. Given that? I wouldn't be TOO anxious to call for the destruction of the American "empire". We may all get what you want and never, in our lifetimes, know anything THIS good, let alone any better.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just for laughs and cries

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

My respect for the Putin has increased quite a lot, in the last few days.
I know he is a direct and at times a harsh man and leader. But I gotta give it to him. The guy knows whats right atm. Best of all, he is standing by his words and actions. No lies, no cover ups, no pr stunts. Just direct and straight to the point.

Obama could learn something from Putin. You want to be a warlord and terrorist Obama, fine by me. But at least be honest and straight about it, so your people have a chance to see the real you. You owe the American people that (At least)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think the american government is getting the message that nearly everyone does not want YET ANOTHER military intervention(war) in the middle east, but at the same time they are posturing to save face and not loose too much credibility.

Russia is doing what it needs to do to keep syria for itself, that means keep selling arms to them and keeping a port in the meditteranean sea. Iran is doing what they feel they need to do by playing hostile to NATO and protecting syria.

This had the chance to get really ugly, really fast. I just hope congress drops the president on his head by telling him NO! If obama still goes ahead, he should face all terrible consequences coming his way, such as impeachment, and perhaps even a criminal lawsuit.

Enough is enough, glad everyone is speaking up about it!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yup this is Putin territory, the man is made for confrontation.
Surely it wont get to the stage of Barak calling his bluff. Dangerous that seeing as he likes to hold onto power.
Silly Barak got involved in the wrong game.

Should have either acted quicker or let the UN do their job.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A column from this Emir from Kuwait was send to the financial times. He portraits the middle east in a funny way...

The letter reads: From Mr K N Al-Sabah. Sir, Iran is backing Assad. Gulf states are against Assad! Assad is against Muslim Brotherhood. Muslim Brotherhood and Obama are against General Sisi. But Gulf states are pro Sisi! Which means they are against Muslim Brotherhood! Iran is pro Hamas, but Hamas is backing Muslim Brotherhood! Obama is backing Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against the US! Gulf states are pro US. But Turkey is with Gulf states against Assad; yet Turkey is pro Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi. And General Sisi is being backed by the Gulf states! Welcome to the Middle East and have a nice day. K N Al-Sabah, London EC4, UK

So my variant would be?: Obama is against Assad. Cameron is against Assad and backing Obama.

The British Parliament is against Cameron and Obama, and therefore backing Assad.

Hollande is backing Obama and Cameron, and against Assad.
The French parliament is against Hollande, and therefore backing Assad.

Israel is against Assad, but Hezbollah is backing Assad. Israel is also against Hezbollah, actually backing Assad.
Russia is against Obama, Cameron and Hollande and really just against everyone except against Russia.

The American, British and French people are against an attack, and therefore backing Assad.

This whole standoff doesn't make sense .. Welcome to the middle east and have a nice day!

Letter

edit on 6-9-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join