It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Putin: Russia will help Syria in case of foreign military assault.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Big talk. No game.

Sure they'll attempt to deliver arms, but in no way will Russian ships engage US ones.

There are many more US Subs in the region than ships (I'm confident), that it'd be a harsh mistake.

What is going to be a hard mistake is if Obama/friends... Not the US attack Syria.

When David Cameron was mentioned that the citizen opposed this war therefore it was voted down... I wish the US citizens would have been mentioned that we are doing the same. Polls...90% against... Calls and emails 400 against to 1 for.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by r0nsix
does that mean we can bomb Israel?there is an U.N. Security Council paralysis on Israel but its unthinkable they would be bombed

Nope I just saw a thread on the topic here...

US says IRAN will suffer if Israel is attacked

Typical American Jingoism if you asked me.

edit on 6-9-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SomethingsJustNotRight

You make a good point. Maybe we need to just let them hang themselves with the rope they have been given (or have taken), and this will finally shock everyone into action. If our representatives cannot represent us and they cannot even defend the constitution then there is little we can do about it in the next month.

This does not equate to forgetting though, and its my hope that if things continue on this course people also be a part of this reset. Citizens in other countries are fighting for the rights we have. Our government is defending them so they can have the rights we have. Yet they are fast becoming like the leaders who do whatever they want (looks more like a dictator each day).

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
This is what happens, countries protect their own interests at all costs... Doesn't anyone find it strange that some of our strongest relationships from the middle east, like Saudi Arabia, treat homosexuality as being illegal and have executed men for it, but we bash Russia for their recent stance on gays? This just proves that when money is involved all bets are off.. Russia needs Syria, just like the US needs Saudi Arabia, and when there are economic ties to the countries you know they will look the other way when issues begin to arise within the borders.

our media are trying to make them the bad boys only we realise its propaganda

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by r0nsix
does that mean we can bomb Israel?there is an U.N. Security Council paralysis on Israel but its unthinkable they would be bombed

Nope I just saw a thread on the topic here...

US says IRAN will suffer if Israel is attacked

Typical American Jingoist is if you asked me.

that means Israel will attack israel

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

Well I think the idea is to continue supplying the Syrian govt. with the means to defend itself, i don't see this as direct involvement, until they re-occupy their Naval base in Tartus , which I believe is more than likely.
edit on 6-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Whatever happens, happens...If Congress decides to approve a strike on Syria then so be it. But what I won't do is ride Putin into the sunset like most of you are doing. The man is in the same class as our politicians.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Whatever happens, happens...If Congress decides to approve a strike on Syria then so be it. But what I won't do is ride Putin into the sunset like most of you are doing. The man is in the same class as our politicians.

Exactly... So many are treating him like his sh*t don't stink or that he's the best thing since sliced bread... Putin is still 50 years behind with his thinking patterns, so it may be better than our own politicians at times, but he is still wrong in a lot of respects

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

good ore bad ..the man is an born leader ! not to compare with the western marionetts

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Canada is supporting Al Quaeda? NOT ON MY WATCH, Mr. Harper, minion of the people. We're going to take some law or advocacy courses and see you behind bars if you think for one moment that you can spend one penny of tax payers money to support Sharia and Burqa's and primitive evil murderers.

Like Obama? Get a motel room!

I'm on Putin's and the other sane countries side, and am 100% Canadian, and one of the Employer Groups. Not sure what that makes you, but don't consider you standing by our country, but instead shaming us beyond belief. So get with the program, Mr Harper and stop siding with the repressive murderous Muslim Brotherhood Obama's half brother, Malik, is the financial head of that.

You had better not be dragging us into a war with Russia over the murderous rebels who are slaughtering children because there is no way we will be paying a salary and pension to a worst murderer than Clifford Olson, because the leaders make mass murderers of children look like juvenile criminals compared to their crimes against humanity. And the mass murderer did monsterous things.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Our so called leaders, in reality mass criminals, are dripping with the blood of dismemebered children. And we have to deliver a solid NO, we are not co-criminals with you.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

This is mental illness and in my opinion a president should be required to be mentally fit for his job. It is abundantly clear he is narcissistic but delusional is another to add to that list. I'm not trying to be mean or hateful. I am truly concerned.

A ships captain would be removed from his post quick smart if there was evidence he was mentally unfit to continue to command.

And a ships captain has considerably less power than a president.

A president who is unwilling to listen to billions of rational voices, including the majority of his own people..is not fit for high office.

A president who is unwilling to abide by the choices of those who represent the voices of the citizenry, specifically Congress, is ignoring the constitution, the people and ignoring democratic process...if this is so, he is unfit for high office.

Are we seeing a pattern yet?
edit on 6-9-2013 by MysterX because: correction

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Most of you on here want this strike to happen so bad you can taste it. Too bad, aint gonna happen.

US President Barack Obama does not intend to authorize US military force in Syria if lawmakers vote against his proposal seeking action amid allegations of chemical weapons use by Syrian President Bashar Assad, a top aide said on Friday.

"The president of course has the authority to act, but it's neither his desire nor his intention to use that authority absent Congress backing him," deputy national security adviser Tony Blinken told National Public Radio.

edit on 6-9-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

yes i agree with you on that as far as russia is concerned.
i was replying to the sentiment given that god protect the u.s. service people who are about to be thrown into this.. i was pretty much saying god help everyone..lol
peace

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Most of you on here want this strike to happen so bad you can taste it. Too bad, aint gonna happen.

US President Barack Obama does not intend to authorize US military force in Syria if lawmakers vote against his proposal seeking action amid allegations of chemical weapons use by Syrian President Bashar Assad, a top aide said on Friday.

"The president of course has the authority to act, but it's neither his desire nor his intention to use that authority absent Congress backing him," deputy national security adviser Tony Blinken told National Public Radio.

Did he say this today or last Friday? If today it gives hope to at least our system working.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We should put sanctions on Russia for allowing their ally to get so out of control it uses chemical weapons.

Syria should be Russia's problem, and Russia should step up to the plate and be the ones doing strikes and sending in troops.

If Assad's army is killing people with Russian weapons and support and Russia does nothing, they are as much to blame. If the rebels are using chemical weapons because of Assad, Russia is as much to blame.

Russia: put the vodka down, put on your big boy panties and police yo ally.

Good lord it really *is* that simple folks.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This was today. Its a major headline on most news outlets right now

Originally posted by Dianec

Did he say this today or last Friday? If today it gives hope to at least our system working.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by Dianec

This is mental illness and in my opinion a president should be required to be mentally fit for his job. It is abundantly clear he is narcissistic but delusional is another to add to that list. I'm not trying to be mean or hateful. I am truly concerned.

A ships captain would be removed from his post quick smart if there was evidence he was mentally unfit to continue to command.

And a ships captain has considerably less power than a president.

A president who is unwilling to listen to billions of rational voices, including the majority of his own people..is not fit for high office.

A president who is unwilling to abide by the choices of those who represent the voices of the citizenry, specifically Congress, is ignoring the constitution, the people and ignoring democratic process...if this is so, he is unfit for high office.

Are we seeing a pattern yet?
edit on 6-9-2013 by MysterX because: correction

I like how you laid it out. I'm presently hopeful that we did in fact hear today that he will not override congress on this matter. If that's true then our system is staying true to its intended purpose. Update: Obama stated he did not say he wouldnt act if congress said no - "not exactly what I meant".

There are some good things about Obama so I really like to make clear that I don't dislike the guy and try to remain objective but have also been shocked by some of the stunts pulled (gun control legislation, this knee jerk reaction to send a shot across the bow to help reinforce his words meant something, etc). There are simply red flags that tell me the captain has gone mad at times. I believe if he can pull himself out of that then good for him. If not, one of our reps needs to do it and quickly. If obamas own words are true and he is now saying he is actually still contemplating overriding congress I see this as a cry for help.

And did I hear someone above say Obama's brother is one of the top guys in the Muslim brotherhood?
edit on 6-9-2013 by Dianec because: To update

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This was today. Its a major headline on most news outlets right now

Originally posted by Dianec

Here is the link I found and there is an update at the bottom. He states that is not exactly what he said so sounds like the representative was not speaking on Obama's behalf.

www.npr.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
He is still talking live: www.bloomberg.com...

He just said; he knows the opinion of the people, not only in the US but also in Europe and elsewhere that the people wants this action to stop assad!??

Goes to show what he knows.....

Or how much of a shiz he gives about what we think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join