It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Weaponry!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   

we humans exist (at least in some part) in this shared reality where trains will squish you, whether you choose to accept the train's existence or not.

Yes, it is a shared "reality", but that does not make it anymore real, than a shared delusion.

You still claim that I and others hold a limited view of the universe, but I'm not seeing a big difference between ours and yours. Both are opinions... and when it's all said and done... opinions mean nothing

Yet it is the opinions of some whom we take for granted? As I said, everyone has their own set of beliefs, attitudes, personalities and experiences, that we all can learn something from. There are a billion opionions, hundresds of religions, sects, cults and cultures, somewhere in this haystack, there are needles of truth. It is thus wise to search for them. If one chooses not too, then what are they? Arrogant?

because we truly know nothing. I understand that all matter is little more than energy "vibrating" at different speeds. That knowledge has never saved anyone from harm. The vibrating partilcles of the train would reorganize your vibrating particles in a very unhealthy way... whether you pointed at it and said "train" or "vibration".

As I said, the train and you only exist in the observable universe, what happens thereafter, is in the unobservable universe. Like in a computer game, when your character dies, you return to the main menu screen, and carry on later. Yet, in a computer game, your character might be able walk through the train as well.

All we know, is what is in our observable universe, and that is where the train and you exist. Yet to claim to know "reality" you are factoring out the unobservable universe, which is ignorance. The mind exists in many states of vibration, as any respectable hypnotherapist will tell you, and one of those states is the waking state.

You're preaching to the choir my friend, and like I said... I'm not fond of sermons. I respect everyone's beliefs, but I don't like being spoken to in a condescending manner. No offense intended with any of my comments. It's just that you sound as if you're trying to bring enlightenment to a clouded and unfortunate mind. A sermon is a sermon is a sermon.

I am not preaching to you, nor trying to prove anything to you, I am making you recognize the observable truths that we objectively share. That truth is, reality is always dependent on the observor, and there are no known absolutes. Why should this be construed as condescending to you?

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
desintagration rays, nuff said...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
If someone was much more advanced than us I would assume their weapons would come in two varieties: MUCH smaller and impossible to detect and MUCH flashier / noisier.

The flashier weapons would produce very visible effects, perhaps killing it�s target in a painful or shockingly brutal manner. These are the weapons the aliens would use if they wanted to send a clear and distinct message. I personally think these types of weapons would be mostly defensive in nature.

The smaller weapons would be the really dangerous ones. Nanotech most likely. These weapons probably work slower than the flashier kind but once they kick in then destroy the target with brutal efficiency and almost surreal precision.

Of course the MOST powerful weapon I could think of is also one of the subtlest. A probability control device. Think about it, the ability to pervasively effect the probability of things happening / not happening across a large area. A little accident here, a little statistical shift here, and suddenly you have true chaos or the political leader you want in charge.

The targets might not even be aware this is being done to them.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notme
what about weapons....

Weapons have only one role, to destroy, and you can destory with fire, or you can destroy with nuclear energy. The more sophisticated your weapons become, the more your destructive ability becomes. Advanced Aliens would therefore have weapons that can not only destroy planets and wipe out entire species in a blink of an eye, but rupture the fabric of space time. It is perhaps because of this, these weapons are considered forbidden to be used ,and rather serve as deterrents, much like our nuclear weapons.

You can also expect them to have psychotronic and mind weapons, that can materialise their thought forms or allow super enhanced psychic attacks.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
shadow xix said earlyer on that just because they have advanced technology they might not have advanced weapons well...

...potentually anything could be turned into a weapon i could through this monitor at somone
but i wont the point is that any piece of technology can be used against somone if it is used correctly and it should'nt b to hard to do it!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain

...potentually anything could be turned into a weapon i could through this monitor at somone
but i wont the point is that any piece of technology can be used against somone if it is used correctly and it should'nt b to hard to do it!

Thats very true aliens could use a powersource such as anti-matter just for energy,propulsion and peaceful reasons. But humans or aliens can turn anti-matter generators without much effort into a horrible weapon.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

if they are beyhond any human intelligance would that mean there weapons are anything like us humans have ever imagined...that means there bazooka can contain 600doses of uranium 235 and hydronic acid.. could they blow up there world with just one missle shot..

Oddly enough, we humans can still be killed from an arrow by a caveman, despite the AK-47 in our hands. I suspect the same is true for the aliens...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have to agree that any cvilization far more advanced than us would probably have only two types of weapons that serve two totally different purposes. If they want the planet and its resources then they'd probably use a bio weapon specifically engineered to kill humans. If they just wanted to be rid of us then they'd probably just destroy the entire planet. How would they destroy the planet?... probably using science and tech that is still beyond our comprehension, or maybe a good old anti-matter bomb.

Comparing an AK with a spear doesn't quite mean that they would still have similarly primative weapons, as both the rifle and the spear are essentially the same... projectile weapons. We are almost to the point where we will stop using such primative tools in exchange for energy weapons (lasers, controlled plasma and the like) as well as our own home grown bio-weapons.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If you look at it from a "walk in their shoes" perspective, they do to us what we do to dolphins and the like: They tag, observe, make notes, study paterns, retrieve, examin,release and study some more. We are simply lower on the food chain, do you think a whale or leopard understands what the dart or the colorful plastic tag is for? No, it simply feels the pain and discomfort and gets the hell out of there when released. Humans have the unfortunate understanding of violation and the belief of being the only souled creature under god, and therefore quite upset by the whole thing.

This may be my whole slice-a-pie-in-the-sky theory, it could just be extinction is coming 'round the mountain and our DNA needs to be saved for the collection.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
They have already realesed there weapon its called aids

they wouldnt just blow up the earth because it has resourses they need, but something like an aids virus sounds more like it

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I agree that we are probably some sort of alien experiment and that they have been visiting us for thousands of years.

For all those people who do not believe in other civilisations....look at it like this......you are but a few fish in an aquarium and think that you are the only spieces around......you are totally oblivious to the fact that there is an ocean out there full of life.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
MAYBE the reason they wont land is because of the "reptilian" theory it could be real or not but i find this is a good answer to why dont they come down. So they abduct people find out if they are human or imposters and rid the imposters and send the humans back home

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join