It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarms of Angry, Killer Asian Hornets heading to Britain, Due in September...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have come across many people in the UK, recently who say that they have been stung by either bees or wasps when travelling in cars or motorbikes. They have said that the actual sting is really quite painful and the rash and the pain seems to go on for days instead of the pain normally subsiding after a couple of days...

Link....
travel.aol.co.uk...

Apparently there is supposed to be swarms of vicious Hornets making their way across the English Channel to attack our honey bee colonies...

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs warned the insect is due to arrive as it reaches its peak season of activity in mid-September...

The Asian hornet may be seeking out new territories by crossing from the Continent to the British Isles...

It is slightly smaller and darker than an ordinary hornet but packs a vicious sting...

The department has pleaded with beekeepers to report sightings or send suspected samples to the National Bee Unit laboratory...

Asian hornets were first recorded in Lot-et-Garonne, south-west France, in 2005, after arriving in a pottery shipment from China...

They spread across France but until now were blocked from coming to the UK by the English Channel...
'
To protect bees from invasive threats it is important for all beekeepers in England, Scotland and Wales to sign up to BeeBase,' a statement from Defra said...

It has asked anyone who thinks they have seen an Asian hornet to notify the GB Non Native Species Secratariat alert at the email address [email protected] immediately...

Suspect sample can be sent to the National Bee Unit laboratory for examination if possible...

Defra advises using a suitable sturdy container (cardboard rather than plastic) and providing as much detail as possible about the hornet and where it was found, along with digital photographs to help with identification...

So best get ready for the invasion and pain all you UK folks out there......

Cheers........

edit on 6-9-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The sad part is that British bees to not have the Japanese bee's defense system, so will be powerless to defend against these huge invader

Check out the Asian bees kicking some hornet ass with this strange defense mechanism

edit on 6-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
The sad part is that British bees to not have the Japanese bee's defense system, so will be powerless to defend against these huge invader

Check out the Asian bees kicking some hornet ass with this strange defense mechanism

edit on 6-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Wow, what an awesome video, very interesting...........I can't believe the size of the Hornets compared to the bees.......just goes to show the powers in numbers to overheat the Hornet to death.....thanks for posting....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
WTF???? I just seen one of those last month here in Arizona, I thought I lost my mind! It freaked me out bad!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

That was one stupid Hornet, walking straignt into the hive, haha idiot.. and those hornets are big, I can believe a sting from them would be very painful,,,

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Cool video, thanks for that. Learn something new everyday. Don't think I've ever seen a creature get over heated by another.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
typed in error........
edit on 27-9-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

flipflop
reply to post by davethebear

That was one stupid Hornet, walking straignt into the hive, haha idiot.. and those hornets are big, I can believe a sting from them would be very painful,,,

Hornets operate an attack in two phases - first phase is the scouting around for a beehive (is it worth attacking?), second phase is the actual attack. In this case, the bees killed off the scout before it could report back to base.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
OMG that just made me jump back from the screen.

Holy crap that thing is HUGE!

I'm allergic to bees/wasps so I'm going to assume this thing would kill me.

It can stay far away!!

Creepy!

new topics

top topics

join