It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says US will suffer if Syria is attacked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Iran says US will suffer if Syria is attacked

www.aljazeera.com

Allegations that the Syrian regime used chemical weapons last month are a "pretext" by the West to attack the country, Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said.

Iran is Syria's main regional ally and has warned Western powers against intervening in the country's civil war, as the United States edges towards launching strikes against the Damascus regime.

The aim of the United States is not to protect human rights... but to destroy the front of resistance [against Israel]," the Quds Force commander was quoted as saying by the media on Thursday.

"We will support Syria t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well this was to be expected. In many ways this seems to be a proxy war between Iran and the Saudi's for regional dominance. I believe that the US has been trying to coax iran into striking them so they can get their war happening.

There are SO many reasons for the US to invade syria in so far as the name of imperialism and another 'american century' goes, its just a bummer that none of those are humanitarian reasons.

It is my opinion that this will be a final nail in the coffin for the empire, people can see the agenda and the lies and its all becoming more and more obvious. Next to Putin its actually Obama that seems to be the war criminal. Maybe the Russians are actually the good guys..wouldnt that blow some minds...

If The US strikes Syria they are ensuring their own destruction, maybe thats what the banksters want though..think about it.

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I'll just say this :

at Iran.

Who cares. They need to blow themselves up already.

ETA : I don't say this often..but seriously.we need to bomb the middle east back into the stone age. They want to threaten us? Lets show them what we can REALLY do.

edit on 6-9-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Aye, Iran came out and said openly that if the US bombs Syria, theyre going to send one to Israel as well.

And guess what will happen then...

Aye, its not going to be pretty.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

ETA : I don't say this often..but seriously.we need to bomb the middle east back into the stone age. They want to threaten us? Lets show them what we can REALLY do.

What good will that do? It would just be proof positive yet again that we're a power & control hungry country hellbent on dominating anything not exactly like us, anywhere we can find it. One of these days, in one of these ill-gotten fights somewhere, we'll get our ass handed to us, and be reminded rather painfully that we are not King of Everybody.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
In many ways this seems to be a proxy war between Iran and the Saudi's for regional dominance.

The Saudi's and Iranians have been longstanding rivals for a long time and the presence of the US and others is irrelevant to that rivalry.

It all boils down to Muslim versus Muslim – or rather Sunni Muslims versus Shi'a Muslims. Contrary to what some people want to believe, the vast majority of violence and mayhem in Iraq (for example) was Muslim against Muslim (Sunni versus Shi’a), with the US sitting in the middle. Just look at who dies when a car bomb goes off in a market!

The Syrian civil war is also sectarian, with Iran supporting the strain of Islam most liked to Shi’a.

When people think of the Middle East, they need to remember that most of the Middle East hate Iran. It’s got nothing to do with anyone else except one flavour of Islam versus the other.

Regards

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

What good will that do? It would just be proof positive yet again that we're a power & control hungry country hellbent on dominating anything not exactly like us, anywhere we can find it. One of these days, in one of these ill-gotten fights somewhere, we'll get our ass handed to us, and be reminded rather painfully that we are not King of Everybody.

While I agree to an extent,really there's not a ONE country out there that can handle the US. There's just not.

I said what I said because I'm tired. I'm sick of hearing about the middle east and all their conflicts. NOT MY PROBLEM. Nor is it any other American's problem, this # needs to stop and they need to handle their own problems.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I think that is a really silly opinion and one that sits in line with your leaders.

Seriously, do you think that will help people? Do you care about people? or just protecting your way of life?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Stupid Iran, what are they thinking.

Only the US is allowed to overthrow governments and attack sovereign nations!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I disagree, we have been fighting a war on terror for the past 12 years, which has not only drained our resources and caused us to become tired of war, but has our troops trained for fighting against insurgents.

I doubt we could even take on Syria and Iran effectively. If Russia joined, it would be pushing it to come out without losing some territory or major battles, and if China joined, I would say forget about winning.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

As far as I can see the US are not irrelevant in this rivalry whatsoever. They support Israel and the Saudi's, who dont like Iran, and are basically all up in the middle easts business to the extent that they are occupying a great majority of it.

Not really irrelevant, but I agree with what you are saying about it being Sunni vs Shi'a...its just that the US are playing one against the other for their own benefit.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I'm all about protecting MY and my fellow citizens way of life.

Sorry,but i don't care what other countries do.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I'll just say this :

at Iran.

Who cares. They need to blow themselves up already.

Sorry Nightstalker but your comment DEEPLY sickens and saddens me...

Yesterday one of our members created a thread here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have given up with the mentality of some people here on ATS... what happened to deny ignorance... what happened to respect and a certain tolerance of other peoples cultures (apart from militant extremists that is?) this forum has become a cultural hate site in the eyes and keyboards of many a person methinks?

Ok, The USA GVT have filled the sheeples minds with so much crap that certain people no longer have an idea what they are talking about!!!... BUT... Have you ever taken time out to think about all those innocent people (who have no right to vote over there in Iran (i suppose you think that WE westerners are more superior? (Please correct me if i am mistaken.))

Ok, if this is your point of view... lets just go ahead and bomb the innocent civilians... (Or is IRAN just a word for you?...) of course it is far away from where you probably live so you could not give a sh*t)) whether they be children, women or just bystanders...

The way you have posted makes it look as if the whole of the Iranian population are at fault and not the evil people who dictate... (Then again you talk about bombing the whole of the middle East so i am a little confused!)...

But then again, they are not from your country and do not have the same outlook and culture so deserve to be bombed!!??

*Claps my hands*

Go ahead and bomb them as you put it... (You don't care because you think you are super protected on the other side of YOUR world!!!)

Sickening...

Rodinus
edit on 6-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 6-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I think you've been on too many message boards.

It won't happen.Ever.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

No.

The Iranian people are not at fault.

Nor are us Americans for what our government does.

See my point now?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

So youre in the service to self boat then. Nice work mate.

Im not going to generalize and say 'people like you' etc but seriously guy, how can you sleep at night when you are clearly trumpeting the rhetoric of the psychopathic banksters and globalists who want to control you, and by the way youre speaking they already do.

There is still hope for you if you can see the error in your ways and can understand that you lack a quality called empathy. Oh and China, China can take on the US no worries, id you cant see that there is no hope for you.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

No.

See my point now?

We may see your point, when you pick one to go with. The above does not jive with your prior comment, below:

If the civilians are not at fault in any manner, then how on earth do you justify bombing it "to the stone age"?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

No.

See my point now?

I cant see it, by the way you are speaking you certainly ARE at fault. Youre in the sinking boat, and its opinions like yours that let these people do what they do. Its important to see that.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Just my opinion, we need to steer clear of this fiasco entirely.

Something just ain't ringing right about this.

ETA
I would like to acknowledge that I do feel for those poor souls in Syria and allover for that matter...I really do...BUT, this ain't our fight guys...it just isn't. To send more of our hard earned dollars out again over another country's civil war in my opinion is insane.

Look at it this way...our American ancestors fought their civil war and this is what we we're left with
(think about that). Hence, no one dared step in and by the way would they really have wanted them too? I think not. If a civil war broke out tomorrow in our country (which it won't...EVER AGAIN) would we want a foreign nation sticking its nose in our business? Speaking personally, I wouldn't appreciate anyone getting involved in our domestic/civil disputes...no matter the cost.

To be honest...we have some very pressing matters that I think we need to take care of right here at home. In the meantime, we could give them medical supplies, food and things of that nature.

But, stay out of it we must. Sorry, I'm typing like Yoda

edit on 9/6/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Frustation my friend,frustation.

The solution isn't blaming the US. The solution is getting rid of the problem.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join