It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WooHoo... the FireHose is Back!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hey guys... was reading a hilarious thread about 'missing ATS points' and when I went to page 2, suddenly the old format was back. So what did I do? Why yes, of course! I clicked on my Bookmark to the New Topic Firehose!

I am tickled to report that my withdrawal symptoms have subsided, yet I do suffer a little PTSD over the whole ordeal, and perhaps a touch of paranoia that it could disappear again.

Before I post this thread, gonna check again just to make sure I'm not hallucinating from lack of sleep... hang on just a sec, I'll be right back...

*insert Final Jeopardy music*

...Well Glory Be! It's STILL THERE!!!

Hurry while supplies last!

edit on 9/6/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Oh thank god, I like this better. Why mess with something good. the new emoticons suck.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I just logged in to see the new site(format5/3) on this laptop..and I see the old format...
Today on my ipad ..it was the new format....

edit on 6-9-2013 by natalia because: added

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProspectPhilosopher
Oh thank god, I like this better. Why mess with something good. the new emoticons suck.

Emoticons schmoticons-- I mean no offense, truly- to each his own! But if I had to choose between my beloved Firehose and lil round moving faces... no contest!

But your Egyptian All-Seeing Eye is creeping me out, so... you know... you're not really wrong or anything, ok?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

I just logged in to see the new site(format5/3) on this laptop..and I see the old format...
Today on my ipad ..it was the new format....

edit on 6-9-2013 by natalia because: added

Yup, it switched on me between pages of a thread... just minutes before I posted this thread!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think it reserves the right to change back to the 'new ATS' anytime it feels like it wants to, but I do have to admit...I have grown quite used to the old feel of the place. I'm going to miss it. Even if it is a bit worn around the edges.

I'm sure I'll come to be comfy and like the new one too, but I think it'll take a bit of time.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

What's the firehose?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
I think it reserves the right to change back to the 'new ATS' anytime it feels like it wants to, but I do have to admit...I have grown quite used to the old feel of the place. I'm going to miss it. Even if it is a bit worn around the edges.

I'm sure I'll come to be comfy and like the new one too, but I think it'll take a bit of time.

I hear ya, wrabbit-- like 'all good things must come to an end' or some such saying!

I just hope and pray there's still a Firehose in my future! (Am I obsessed or WHAT?)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

ugh I hate this version..
I even miss my blue smilys..

but I wont hate on you for being happy.. Now to remember how to use this version hmm..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya

What's the firehose?

It lists all new topics starting with most recent. It's under "new topics +" ..

where are my messages..

EDIT: ahh found it.. ok im good..
edit on 9/6/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

What's the firehose?

It's like the coolest thing ever, on any website ever, in the history of mankind. Constantly updated list of newly created threads, in three convenient columns, for one low price (j/k: no charge of course)

Here's a Linky-Dink...

New Topic Firehose

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

ugh I hate this version..
I even miss my blue smilys..

but I wont hate on you for being happy.. Now to remember how to use this version hmm..

Honey it ain't been THAT long... Amnesia actin' up again? Dontcha just hate when that happens?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

thanks....i don't mean to be such a dork.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

thanks....i don't mean to be such a dork.
Oh heavens no, honey-chil' ...no dorkiness to it! And I'm more than happy to bring a fellow traveler to the light.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Honey it ain't been THAT long... Amnesia actin' up again? Dontcha just hate when that happens?

haha I like the nickname.
It's been at least a week for me.. I've been on the beta the whole time. but yea I do have bad memory. Or as I like to call it... Living in the moment.

edit on 9/6/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

+10^99... The "New Topic Fire Hose" button is easily my favorite nav button on this whole site.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbrotherdarkness

+10^99... The "New Topic Fire Hose" button is easily my favorite nav button on this whole site.

I am no math whiz, but even I can see the genius of your numerical equation above (because your words carry such bountiful Wisdom and Truth!)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

It's been at least a week for me.. I've been on the beta the whole time.

Bless your heart. I'd have blocked it all out too. Right there in my padded room.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

What's the firehose?

It's like the coolest thing ever, on any website ever, in the history of mankind. Constantly updated list of newly created threads, in three convenient columns, for one low price (j/k: no charge of course)

Here's a Linky-Dink...

New Topic Firehose

I'm glad it's not just me who misses that, but the same content is under NEW items in the new interface, as far as I could compare? I miss it in this format on the desktop. Much easier from the firehose to see at a glance..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

It's been at least a week for me.. I've been on the beta the whole time.

Bless your heart. I'd have blocked it all out too. Right there in my padded room.

umm ok, but I blocked out the old version not the new version.. Monday can't come soon enough. Then I'll have the last laugh because I laugh in the face of danger ha ha ha ha...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join