It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8825 A.D.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I too have asked myself if maybe we're truly alone in hte vast universe. I don't mean us being hte only intelligent life, I mean earth being the only place with life of any sort in our universe.

I want to be fair and don't want to be simpleminded or set in my ways.

But then I think of all the planets and moons and asteroids and comets and rogue planets and gas clouds and.... the astronoimcal numbers start to overwhelm me and I rebound.

I rebound back to where I'm at now. I think there's a great c hance there's life out here, but it may not be intelligent. If it's intelligent then it must have a good reason for avoiding us because where's the evicence? I'm assuming that the ufo reports are actually conventional phenomena and are not indicative of ET's visiting earth and watching us for some unspecified reason.

Ofc, maybe some of the ufo reports really are indicating something of ET origin. There're so many reports in hte past 50 years that it really is mind boggling. If just 1 were ET... If just 1 were ET then we must ask how and why the ET's evade us. We must ask how it can be we do not know.

I think some people beleive if ET has been here we'd know and some believe we might not. I guess it depends on how you think it's possible ET's would evade us for so long. The conventional wisdom is it's a conspiracy, but what if just 1 ET probe visited and left and is now 3000 billion miles away?

Most people are stupid and misidentify and apt to tie unrelated things together to explain what they do not know, so for an educated person it's easy to think ufos are misidentified conventional phenomena. I guess this is even easier to think if you work in a science field and routinely see ignorant people.
edit on 6-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It won't matter if we find no other forms of life in the universe. The OP's scenario is that of humans colonizing and terraforming throughout the galaxies. *We* will be the forms of life that we seem to be seeking as a species--sort of like the end of Ray Bradbury's 'Martian Chronicles' where the Earth colonists are essentially the new Martians. No longer a need to feel alone in the universe.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by taoistguy
reply to post by smackdaddyV

YOLO???

Carpe Diem for dummies.
edit on 6-9-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Who is John Gault?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If a tree falls in the forest & there's no one around to hear it, why did the chicken cross the road?

Answer: Aliens & the Illuminati.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Upton33
reply to post by taoistguy

It means you only live once. My guess is by 8825AD secert knowledge will allow us to be godlike taught of a great teacher.

no. i dont think i will
well maybe if i get the right bribe....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

The year is 8825 A.D.

Cool, sounds interesting....

We humans have spread throughout the galaxy, coloninsing and terraforming planets.

Not beyond the realms of possibility, given the current rate of our technology improving.

We have travelled to other galaxies and done the same there.

How many other galaxy's? How many people have left our planet to aid this galactic conquest?

We have discovered no other life.

I don't believe that for one second unfortunately....

We have discovered other dimensions and found them empty.

Empty in what sense, in a physical/mental? Elaborate.

Science has given us the ability to travel in time and we found Roswell was a prank by students from the year 7740.

Fair enough. But that's presuming time travel is possible, and that time travel directly affects this specific dimension. I've always been under the impression any time line you affect via time travel would probably in some alternative dimension/universe, cancelling out the paradox theory.

We have found no life anywhere and nearly all the universe is mapped.

What, we've map the entire universe in less than 7,000 years? Almost definitely not, thus the chance of finding other biological life would remain extremely high.

Where does that leave us?

Still calm in the thought extra-terrestrial life is still out there.

..............Sorry to be a little anal.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If we didnt find anything/anyone we would just build in our image bioligical ai?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

How do you completely map an infinite universe?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The year is 8825 A.D.
We humans have spread throughout the galaxy, coloninsing and terraforming planets.
Science has given us the ability to travel in time and we found Roswell was a prank by students from the year 7740.

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake His mighty head
He'll either say, "I'm pleased where man has been"
Or tear it down, and start again

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The year is 8825 A.D.
Science has given us the ability to travel in time...

Maybe someone will be smart enough to come back and straighten out some of the "stuff" that is going on now.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

That leaves us very confused. Unless you can slap me into a time machine, and send me to the year 8825 A.D. and show me proof that we never, not even at the most secretive level of inter system government, ever contacted, located, or identified even the smallest non terran life, I would have to call B.S.

This planet and its solar system were not always a part of the Milky Way galaxy. It used to be part of the Saggitarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy, which satellites around our current galactic host. Our planet and the solar system became part of the Milky Way because of a mind buggeringly ancient collision between the two galaxies, which stranded our solar system in its new host, leaving us behind.

Its possible that if we want to find life, we should probably think about that kind of thing a little more.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I think it is fair to say there aren't a lot of taoists here.

After all, teaching no talking isn't a mantra that comes to mind when I think of blogging in general, nevermind ATS

Of course, it is the part about leaving nothing undone that has brought me here at long last.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

The egg, laid by something that was almost a chicken.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
reply to post by cheesy

The egg, laid by something that was almost a chicken.

But, you can not determine what is in the egg until it is hatched.
Cow birds will lay their eggs in other bird's nests and it is always a cow bird which hatches from them.
It would have to be a "chicken" which lays the egg as this is how we know it is a "chicken's egg".

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Well hidden...
Also have humans been discovered?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Where does that leave us? Better off than we are this year.
edit on 6-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Small problem....

There is no way in hell humans will be around in 8825 AD
We would have nuked ourselves to extinction by maybe 2150 is my guess.

The way we are going now we will not make it, unless drastic changes are made starting very soon.

Or will it be like Elysium? Great technology for some, poverty and death for those not lucky enough to be able to afford "the good life"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The year is 8825 A.D.

either alone

or we missed something and need to keep searching.

cool idea of a thread

S&F

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by myselfaswell
taoistguy

That leaves us stuck in the year 2013 with a bunch of greedy war mongering psychos determined to do the best they can to make our lives a misery.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

That is a good answer. I can't beat that, no use even trying

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join