It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Authorizing Syria Strike Got More Defense Cash Than Lawmakers Voting No

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Senators Authorizing Syria Strike Got More Defense Cash Than Lawmakers Voting No

Senators voting Wednesday to authorize a Syria strike received, on average, 83 percent more campaign financing from defense contractors than lawmakers voting against war.

Source

Really? Considering what has been going on, this was expected to be the scenario.

Limited strikes? Hah : ABC: Syrian Strike Could Be ‘Significantly Larger’ Than Most Anticipated
Well, looks like they have messed up again, hope they enjoy their money *eye roll*...

Committee members who voted to authorize what the resolution called a “limited” strike averaged $72,850 in defense campaign financing from the pot. Committee members who voted against the resolution averaged $39,770, according to the data.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Nawwww.

Who would do THAT ?

Give a kill order for money ?

[ S-h-o-c-k-i-n-g !!! ]

It must be a strange coincidence.

Has to be.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Democracy has been bought and paid for.

Money and politics shouldn't mix, but it has been that way since the infancy of organized society.

I would argue for greater transparency when it comes to any politician and private donation...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I could rant about this big time but in review it's expected somehow. The pry bars we used to get the rock uphill eons ago have evolved from physical tools to concepts of fiat design. "What goes down miles away I couldn't give a sh*t about, I'll go along, just give me the incentive/envelope". The clouds of corruption have rolled in too slowly for us to objectively remember the the sunny days of times gone by, and even then the weather forecast was bad for those who kept tabs.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Makes sense I figured that was what Obama's handlers offered them.A cut of the action once there were US basses in Syria.Now,we know why they are pushing so hard for this their donations will disappear with a No vote.

new topics

top topics

join