It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Question about left and right

page: 1

log in


posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:47 PM
hi folks,

I would like to ask the question where it orininated that the political fractions are called left and right or leftwing and rightwing?

and second, which characteristics do you associate with those 2 poiltoical directions?

thank you
feyd rautha

[edit on 12-11-2004 by feyd rautha]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:59 PM
If i remember correctly,the terms left and right wing refer to which side of parliment politicians sat on.its pretty much a generic term.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:07 PM
Ok. Always remember that "hup" is called on the left, "two" is on the right, "three" on the left and "four" on the right again.

Huh? Oh, politics again. Sorry. Yes, I'm pretty sure that Sam is correct. That is what I've heard be told more than once and it sounds as good as anything else.

Left and Liberal, right and Conservative do not necessarily go hand in hand, though. Example, Bush is generally considered right-wing, but most conservatives do not see him as being one of them.

new topics

log in