It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools Sending 'Fat Letters' To Parents About Overweight Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You really can't accept that someone out there might be more educated on a particular subject than you are, can you? All this yelling about "commies" and "freedom" comes off very simply as the rantings of someone who thinks their own opinion is the final word on the subject. You need to grow up and accept that no, you don't know everything.

As for the OP's subject? This is a good start. Unfortunately, many parents are going to ignore it or get offended, and it'll do nothing.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Why would I run for office? What does that accomplish? We are talking about fat children, and their fat parents that cannot or do not care to address their obesity! Look at honey Boo Boo and her mother, family. That is our nation my friend. If you are okay with that, fine. Other than dieticians in schools, parenting, and especially television marketing, I see no other way to combat it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I also can't accept that every financial crisis and educational boondoggle has been started by....

wait for it.....

'Educated' people !!

ESPECIALLY ones that always said they knew more than everybody else.

Explain THAT.

And then explain why I should listen to commies.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

Why would I run for office? What does that accomplish? We are talking about fat children, and their fat parents that cannot or do not care to address their obesity! Look at honey Boo Boo and her mother, family. That is our nation my friend. If you are okay with that, fine. Other than dieticians in schools, parenting, and especially television marketing, I see no other way to combat it.

""Other than dieticians in schools, parenting, and especially television marketing, I see no other way to combat it. ""

BuBuBUT...

all that caused the original problem right ?

how else would 'people' get this way

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Umm I told you. They quit working for their food. They quit planting, growing, and picking it. You think fat doctors existed before that? Or the diet pills industry and so forth? The food was taken out of our lawns. Kids still went to school hundreds of years ago you know.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

What I mean is, without dieticians and parents, how do you expect to combat obesity? Television marketing for sure has influenced obesity. All those can combat obesity. I mean, unless you think shaming people into it will work. I dunno xuenchen. Obesity is a major flaw of the nation. Most people will agree that it's a big problem. I do right by my family. I feel bad for all the fatties down the street though. One is so fat walking with a cane because of the knees and hips. A fat diabetic on the other side. And a family of fat kids that get picked on by other cruel kids.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I agree mostly.

But there is no way to get the message across.

All the educational efforts over the past decades haven't worked.

We all know it's the food additives.

'Educate' the public - kids and adults ?

Hasn't worked has it ?

Best thing to do is let nature take its' course.

You can't legislate brains.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You also are aware healthy nutritious foods are MORE expensive then the crap laden junk foods?
I actually did a comparison once, one month I bought frozen pre prepared foods, cost me like $110.00 to eat for the month, the next month, I bought the SAME EXACT products, but this time I bought fresh raw materials to make my meals, it cost me $250.00!!!!
Not only that, it didn't LAST the whole month!
When they start lowering prices on the good foods and raise prices on the junk, more people will start buying the fresh fods

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yep !!

Economics has a lot to do with everything.

One thing everybody knows all to well is money.

Strange.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Only if you buy them packaged. Everything in a package costs. Everyones excuse is that healthy is expensive, when in reality is isn't. Rice is cheap, so are beans. Eggs are pretty cheap, especially for the cost in producing them and putting them in a package. Pastas, grains, etc. are all pretty cheap. Vegetables aren't that expensive in the raw nor in cans. Also, this nation consumes thousands of calories which are totally unnecessary for the energies they do not spend off. Water is cheap, even in a bottle.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

I'd sure as hell like to know where you shop cheap, it sure ain't North Carolina. A dozen of the cheap eggs are 2.00 here, gallon of milk $5.00
1 lb package of bacon is nearly $4.00
I lie to make a lasagna once in a while, but to make 2 trays worth, it cost me damn near 40.00, compared to buying stoffer's frozen lasagna for $7.00

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Cabbage is cheap, so are potatoes. Carrots too. Fish you can catch if you live near a lake or ocean. Ive never bought fish so don't know the costs in package form. Chicken is cheap, especially the roosters. Not sure what it costs in a package, but I hear it is pretty cheap. Beef? I wouldn't eat commercial beef, but there are ways to get a half cow if you are into it. Quail can be raised for pennies and in the home/backyard. I hear it's costly to buy. Rabbit is cheap, not sure if it sold in the general markets.

There are a lot of cheap nutritious foods. Just got to be creative. Yea, if you are gonna home make a pizza, you are gonna spend big bucks. But that pizza is gonna go right to your ass if you eat it all the time wether you make it or buy it in a box.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Hollie

I'd sure as hell like to know where you shop cheap, it sure ain't North Carolina. A dozen of the cheap eggs are 2.00 here, gallon of milk $5.00
1 lb package of bacon is nearly $4.00
I lie to make a lasagna once in a while, but to make 2 trays worth, it cost me damn near 40.00, compared to buying stoffer's frozen lasagna for $7.00

Hmm I haven't bought eggs, but 2$ sounds reasonable for raising and the packaging. 2.00$ per week for eggs? That's cheap. Milk? Well if you drink/buy commercial milk, well.. not sure. I find it unhealthy. Commercial milk. Bacon? Damn you eat heart attack stuff. How often do you eat bacon? Not everyday I hope? How many people do you feed?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Homer, I do not shop. I raise food in a very small backyard. If I do shop, it's in an open air market. Not at a grocer.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Even dumb people understand money.

Even the weak and underprivileged somehow figure out how to collect government benefits.

Even the most un-educated do to.

And even some with no brain at all can get a college degree !!

Just look how
[ ^^ancient example of commie education^^ ]

I suspect many 'educated' degree holders got one just like the Scarecrow !!

I'd hate to be a victim of that screw-up !!
edit on Sep-06-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Don't have that where I am, and if you've been reading the news, it's almost illegal to raise your own food

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I don't understand what you are trying to say in this? Explain? That stupid people can collect welfare and a degree? Yea and?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

It's not illegal to raise your own food. Most of that crap you read are of people in homeowner assoc. etc. Or gated deed restricted communities. Their trash bags have to be a certain color.

I work too. I have time. You don't have to sit at home all day to tend to your food/garden/animals all day.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

I don't understand what you are trying to say in this? Explain? That stupid people can collect welfare and a degree? Yea and?

Oh simple.

That also means they can decide for themselves what to eat.

And they do, by how much it costs and how good it tastes.

If you grow your own food, Great !!

Not everybody has that option.

Edit Add:
Oh, and of course I never said anybody was 'stupid',,,,, You did.

edit on Sep-06-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

You can do it at home, even in an apartment. Have you seen them people packed in shacks over in Asia? Those people raise all kinds of goodies in those slums.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join