It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You be the Judge...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
First up, we have Miley Cyrus doing her own song "We Can't Stop".

Then, Scott Bradlee comes along, and covers it. After reworking it, that is.

In my opinion. Scott Bradlee, Robyn Adele Anderson, and the Tee-Tones, kick Miley's Derriere.
edit on 9/5/2013 by klassified because: formatting

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
When you have talent, like in the second video, you do not need to act like a prostitute, like in the first video.

That's our new barometer to judge if a song is good, here at home: if the singer is naked, they are clearly trying to hide the song!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No doubt about it, Scott Bradlee, Robyn Adele Anderson, and the Tee-Tones, kick Miley's Derriere.

S&F for the smooth old style.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The second out does miley in so many ways, I'm feeling old saying this
but total class the second clip. Nothing but untalented ass in the first. Gees do these people ( Miley) even watch the clip back...

Or is this really what people want to see? Many a song over the yrs have been sexualised, nothing really wrong with that IMO . But her acting, moves and so on in this clip make no sense to me. They don't even seem to relate to the words in her song. It's quiet sad really.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by klassified

Disney, and Disneyland related stars and kids stars should be boycotted now at all cost. I know I wouldn't want my child watching this SH*T... What a Whore!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by opviper7

I dont want to come into contact with people who enjoy this type of music. Ever. These are the sort of people you get diabetes just from being near, because they are so soul destroyingly sweet, and everything has to be cute, and pink is thier favourite colour, and its all got to be lovely fluffiness, right up until the point where you draw your sword and swing for the neck.....

Im sorry. Where was I?

Ah yes, Miley bloody Cyrus. Shes an awful waste of flesh and bone, who produces some of the most empty, vacuous music that I have EVER heard. It would be nice if she went the same way as that over rated p.o.s. from Glee in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Well, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Heh... yeah.

I just get cheesed off with Miley and her sort, because what they do to destroy music as we know it (and love it) is effective on so many levels.

1)In allying themselves with vast media corperations from the very begining, they ensure that not one single note they ever attach thier names to has any artistic value what so ever, because the entire premise behind thier every album and song is to make money, rather than to make something deep, meaningful, powerful, or beautiful, which is the intent of any significant work of art.

2) Because the aim is to make vast amounts of money, the music produced via this method is entirely lacking in depth, because many people do not want to have the depths of thier id, poked at and prodded by a master sonic manipulator. They want bubblegum and apple pie, and as little effort put in by both the artist and the listener, as possible. Every artist that produces that level of total dross, is appeasing the stupidity and laziness of the people who claim to enjoy the stuff. Of course, they dont really enjoy music of any sort, because if they did, they wouldnt be able to stand the witless drivel on a Miley Cyrus CD. They just want to feel validated in thier total lack of personality. Whatever.

3) Having this sort of utter rubbish on the airwaves, means less air time for actual artists. Every time we hear the track you posted up on the Radio, or on the television, that is time that could have been used to show case some folk bands, or a brilliant South American guitar duo, or a really wonderful movement from a piece of classical music, or opera, or rock, or metal, or something truely unclassifiable, like Paul Simon's work with Ladysmith Black Mambazo which was bloody AMAZING to listen to, but is hard to fit into a genre in my opinion. It also means that since there is less airtime available, new artists will find it harder to get heard, because radio people are playing Miley Cyrus, rather than concentrating on people with talent, charisma, soul, elbow grease, a studio work ethic which extends beyond being willing to show up occasionally and leave the hard work to the fellow at the mixing desk.

I know of local bands, any one member of which have armpit hair with more skill and talent than Miss Cyrus has in her whole body. The only thing she has that people want is a face which will sell the records she is producing.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

That, my friend, was a good sermon. I'm not going to add to, or take away from it. I would give you an applause if I could.

top topics

join