It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminiscing the \"old\" ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I guess the will of the content contributors did not prevail.. oh well. Best of luck.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

uggg !! awful

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

What do you mean?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I love coming to this site. With this new redesign however I can no longer choose to view the desktop version on my smartphone. This is VERY disappointing and I don't think I will be able to come here anymore. It was a fun couple of years peoples, keep on soon your thing ATS community. Sorry I will no longer be around (not that I will be missed). A little bit of my interneting died today, R.I.P. former ATS 9/9/13

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by bigyin

What do you mean?

new layout is dire

cant stand it

why so much unused space .... scrolling scrolling scrolling

what is this banner that pops up at bottom of screen .... can i turn it off ?
edit on 9-9-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Doesn't have any appeal to me anymore, which is a good thing, because I'd become addicted to ATS, and this ought to cure my addiction.

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
LOL, this redesign is even worse than the last! I seriously don't see why it's so hard to have a beta and a poll before doing things like this.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Does look like the whole website is now the "Grey Area" forum.

Grey on grey on grey, who came up with that stunning rainbow palette?

I know on other forums you can choose custom colour combos, is ats going to end up one of those? because that would really help my eyes out.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don't find it necessarily ugly in some ways I find it creative and it has that trendy look that's being used much now. but I do miss some tools like : Where's the small taskbar that showed up on the bottom of each thread? where is it?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Whilst i appreciate the effort that has clearly gone into the new design, i have to say that i am not a fan either. Although i am realistic enough to know this is likely largely down to the fact that i am still getting used to it.

I guess i am more old school, in the "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" camp.

I do not like the layout, the emoticons are weird, etc, etc. I also (personally) find it harder to locate topics that interest me (although, again, that could be temporary whilst i am getting used to the new look).

Weird one really. ATS is great but this new design..........not so much.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yes, I wish we still had that old search engine!

If this new samuru is so praised, why not at least still make it available alongside such newer iterations. I truly cannot search for key words by a certain member without it instead giving me pages of the same topic, without once highlighting the member name. The "site:abovetopsecret.com" using privatelee or ixquick still lacks such precision.

Newer & 'smarter' =/= better search results in my limited experience.

Might as well just pm members instead of asking them discussions in public for the benefit of all, or have more repeat topics/posts to add to the mountain of clutter and noise burying quality contributions every second.

Night Star
I hate all the wasted space at the top of every thread [..] AND...the smilies are just ridiculous!

Agreed. Anything more minimalist would add to efficient viewing. The waste of space at the top is absurd.

Other Concerns -in order of importance:
- #1 again, bright back old advanced search
- live and hose -> place them on main bar
- a full black theme would be welcome
- remove dot covering the page # you're on ..12 13 * 15..
- [nevermind, more compact wastes less space - no cross-out option for text, and neither do italics display in mobile view] restore full length of background avatar; now it is chopped at the bottom

Positives
Very much enjoy the fresh new rounded-out look otherwise, dark/bright option, very sleek and efficient on mobile devices, thank you!
edit on 10-9-2013 by pilotx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pilotx

I clicked on "myATS" and now I can't even find my posts. There used to be a small bar at the bottom that made navigating and finding what you want simple. This new layout is terrible.. I'm going to have to find a new forum. This was FAR from an improvement over the old layout. Maybe it looks cleaner because they removed 80% of it's original capabilities. I mean really?? I can't even find my previous posts??? I wouldn't call this new look easier to use. And why do we need all those silly tweet, facebook, youtube, RSS, mail, and search icons at the top of EVERY page?? Am I suppose to youtube this post??
edit on 12-9-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Took me a while to find my own posts too:
-drop down arrow on menu bar
-members
-search for your own username
For the longest time I had no idea about the private message -> thread replies (the cartoon-bubble icon) alerts people of replies whenever the "reply to" button is used. Glad that feature stayed. And there's no quick-reply box, or a scroll-though while replying to see the points you are addressing; hopefully this is a work in progress, alongside the "characters left" not working, and the "preview" button not refreshing, and these "icons"...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ahh yes the old ATS.

I remember spending hours on there, speculating on what could possibly be coming. Sometimes I would just kick back and stare at its red lettery magnificence, sometimes I would lock eyes with the little alien guy and try to stare into his soul.
What did he want? I would wonder
How can I understand you? I would ask, but he would just stare back, unblinking, unfeeling.

Then one day they started to let people post things on there and my relationship with Gerald (as I had come to understand was his name) was ruined.

Damn you new ATS. I want Gerald back

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Must admit not liking the new site much. I mean its ok, but it feels simplistic.

The old one prior to this change seemed more, i guess like others have said 'community' like. Im surprised we cant have a choice of new or old.

I miss the old forum icons as well oddly they just seemed better than these simple symbols... and the ATS shirt girl
where do we access our old stuff we uploaded before the previous changes to the media center(?).

And yes the new emoticons just plain stink...

The change has put me off in someways, I used to come and read every day but the change has made me kinda shoulder shruggy.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Let's not forget how slow the site loads. It should be coded better.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I miss it too! Unfortunately, things change.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

My problem is that it loads so slowly now. If the code were cleaned up and simplified, it would be a lot nicer.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: davespanners
Ahh yes the old ATS.

I remember spending hours on there, speculating on what could possibly be coming. Sometimes I would just kick back and stare at its red lettery magnificence, sometimes I would lock eyes with the little alien guy and try to stare into his soul.
What did he want? I would wonder
How can I understand you? I would ask, but he would just stare back, unblinking, unfeeling.

Then one day they started to let people post things on there and my relationship with Gerald (as I had come to understand was his name) was ruined.

Damn you new ATS. I want Gerald back

Yes, I remember that screen.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join