It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminiscing the \"old\" ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Your answer may be found in this post.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How come I'm not seeing this new design??

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

It's been rolled back for some tweaking. You'll see it in the next couple of days.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

It's been rolled back for some tweaking. You'll see it in the next couple of days.

I'm afraid to see the new layout...if it's as bad as everybody says.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If you fear based upon what 'everybody' says, then you're gonna have a bad time.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'd also like to voice my dislike for the new layout, and I urge whomever is in charge of pushing it through to reconsider and listen to the community at large and not make these changes. I know I'll be frequenting this site much less if the proposed changes go through.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I've been around for several format changes and they always follow the same progression:

1) Fear and questioning
2) Looking for reasons to dislike the proposed change
3) Endless threads threatening Spartacus styled uprising if change happens
4) Change happens
5) A handful of people go full on insane and quit quite loudly and publicly
6) Things normalize
7) Most of the handful who quit quietly come back and begin posting again
8) People become accustomed to new format and settle in
9) Years pass, things evolve, and we return to step "1".

Basically people resist change, it's in our nature.

It will all be OK. I promise.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Not really unless I missed it.

Is there a way on the new ATS to see the new threads as they come out chronologically, not by last reply, most replies, etc.?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think people just need more clarification of their questions is all. I don't mind it at all, I go on FaceBook so I am used to the look of it already.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I think the 'New" button does what you're looking for, but at this point I can only suggest waiting for the rollout and trying it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

In other words, the ones who stick around accept a bad change is here to stay, have to get used to it, find out a new change is on its way, realize it will make things even worse, plead to not make things even worse, new change is implemented, REPEAT.

I've never liked the ATS front page since the last major redesign. The rest of the site I had no problem with. With this new design, the front page only looks worse in my opinion and other areas of the website, which I thought were fine after the last redesign, now look worse.

This is like the moment I realized "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" was a game made for the common idiot. I knew the trend in the video game industry was as time goes on, your game must become easier to understand or it will be too intimidating and the fools of the world won't play it. This change is very evident in many areas, but to be specific you could look at the changes from Morrowind to Oblivion and realize Bethesda hopped on the trend train. Oblivion was still a good game in the end because it had gotten closer, but never fell off the ledge of no return. With Skyrim, it's as if they wanted to fall off the ledge, and there's no question that they did. This trend in the video game industry is very applicable to ATS changes, along with many other websites/software.

I'll stick around.
edit on 7-9-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You should've seen the site back in 2003!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Maybe I'm missing something, I didn't even see the "New Topics" page on the new ATS, it also isn't working for me now...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I liked the new look...

thought i was way cool looking..

remember people..

the only constant in life.........................................is change!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So in other words there will be no real live feed because the AJAX is too demanding on the server.

*shoots self in head*

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
So in other words there will be no real live feed because the AJAX is too demanding on the server.

The LIVE page linked off the main menu is indeed dead. No more full page with live a ajaxing thing.

edit on 8-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is there ANY way to see threads that have come out chronologically? Or do we just have to sort through the "recent posts" of go through every forum?

I must be missing something...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I agree, change is great, if it makes your life easier. For the way I view ATS, this is the same as taking a 50 mile detour to work, it's a change, but it doesn't make much sense.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wait until the rollout of the new 5/3 version is complete and deployed. Give it a week. I bet the overwhelming number of members will think it's an improvement, including everyone on this thread.

Remember, you haven't yet experienced the full, final version.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wonder what it is with people that dislike change?

Sure, you gripe and complain that things aren't the way they were, this feature is missing, yadda, yadda......

......BUT, you haven't even really gotten used to it yet! Where's the open minds? All the features you crave are there, all the functionality, plus more, and if you to give it a chance you'd see it's an improvement. It's different, sure, more modern, built using the latest standards, and I have to wonder why anyone wouldn't want ATS to evolve, to keep up with the times. Smoother, faster, designed for a wider variety of devices, same content, just different.

Of course, if you absolutely refuse to try out the new design, and give it a whirl, well, you can always go over to the other website.
We all know what makes ATS great isn't the interface, it the content that the members provide. Nothing on the WWW compares to what ATS has. If that wasn't the case, you'd be there and not here reading this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join