It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K21968 is BACK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Howdy ya'all!

I took most of the summer off and felt that I should reintroduce myself to everyone and say hello to everyone who has joined since I disappeared.

First, My name is Karen in real life. I live in Western Kentucky. I have been married 24 years to my wonderful (sometimes annoying) husband and I am the mom to the most awesome 18 year old girl ever! I am a hopeless insomniac, so I spend a lot of time on here reading.

I work in the insurance business for a fortune 500 company in the Medicare side of the business. I love helping our elderly/disabled get their benefits! So if you ever have insurance/medicare/SSA questions send them to me! I can be a great resource. I also am learning so much about Obamacare, and have a pretty good understanding of that, so send me those questions too. If I do not know the answer, I know where to find it!

I have had some strange things happen in my life that I cannot explain..my daughter and I both experienced a complete loss of time on a road trip a couple of years ago, I am terrified of big foot although I have never seen one, and I swear sometimes at night there is someone watching me.

My husband served 22 years and 7 days on active duty with the US Army as a Military Police K-9 drug/explosives detector dog handler. I lived in Germany for 7 years, South Korea for 2 years, Ohio, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Washington and Kentucky.

I went to college and have a degree in mathematics and a minor in engineering design. I am $40k in debt in student loans and I work in insurance.

Oh and I have aspergers. I see the world pretty much black and white. There is no grey area with me. No pun intended although it was quite clever! Which is why the strange things that have happened to me perplex me. I live in a very tangible, explainable world, and when things are not tangible or explainable , well it freaks me out. Not Rain Man freak out...but it drives me to learn as much as I can about it so I can understand it. I still havent explained my time lapse or my absolute certainty that we are not alone.

Oh, you will see me in the general chat forums alot , I have a teenage daughter. She drives me insane and sometimes I do not understand her at all and I need a regular brained person to show me the way.

I am generally a very loveable person and try to see the good in all people and all situations. It is a perk of being "wired" differently.

I look forward to becoming a more active member of ATS and starting to contribute some real threads. I am ready to take this to the next level!

So, there you have it, my life story.

WAKE UP!!!!! HELLO????? IS THERE ANYONE THERE????

edit on 5/9/2013 by Sauron because: trimmed tittle

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
hi. i'm pissed off about the new "format".

happy to see you.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Awww its not that bad. I fixed mine by using that 1/2 white 1/2 black circle in the upper right hand corner. The screen is now white and I can SEE! It was a major improvement.

Embrace the suck. That is what I told someone else. I am sorry you dont like it. What dont you like and I can see if I can find a way to make it better (screen adjustments etc) for you?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Welcomes you back

Missouri?
Really?

edit on 5-9-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Welcome back Karen. Now settle in, grab a drink and read some fresh WWIII threads, It's crazy around here!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yup Fort Lost IN The Woods before there was a Cracker Barrell and Super Walmart!

I went to school at Drury University in Rolla!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

i'll adapt. i like ats.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Apparently ! I cant keep up! I have a lot of catching up to do! You can help by telling me in the Readers Digest Condensed version what I have missed and save me the trouble!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Here's the short short version:

No-one but France so far is going along with Obama's desire to attack Syria. China and Russia walked out of the U.N. meeting and Britain opted to sit this one out. So Obama and Kerry are trying to sell it with guilt and Pelosi told stories to a 5 year old of hundreds of children dying etc. Obama brought it to congress but then Kerry said it basically doesn't matter what congress says anyway. Meanwhile, Russia isn't buying it and is sending warships to the Mediterranean and possibly even providing missile shield defenses for Assad. Putin stated that he would support action if evidence was provided that the Assad "regime" actually did use chem weapons and invited the U.S. congress to debate. Evidence wasn't given and debates were declined. China is moving a ship in and there is talk of others coming in as well. That's the basic version.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Welcome Karen! I look forward to hearing more from you....especially since you are a fellow southern girl! Nice to meet you.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thank you that was impressive!!!! LOVED IT! But man, now I know why I do not watch the news.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

StealthyKat
reply to post by k21968

Welcome Karen! I look forward to hearing more from you....especially since you are a fellow southern girl! Nice to meet you.

Thank you StealthyKat! I love the south!!!!! It is funny my family (parents/cousins/etc) all live in Ohio and there is a definite difference from there to here. People refer to where I am from as GUNTUCKY, FUNTUCKY or MOONSHINETUCKY. lol

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Haa Haaaa! I know what you mean.....I have some in Maryland and they think we all have alligators roaming around in our front yards LOL!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Howdy neighbor!
Welcome!

I am sooooo excited to meet you.

Click on my signature and come to my paranormal thread. I would love to hear your experiences!
There are many there who you may be able to relate to, including my own stories.

I have a few stories in the thread of what I think was a big foot that walked past our bathroom window when I was growing up in East Tennessee.
I have some threads up about Big Foot too.

new topics

top topics

join