It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism takes less faith

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Well, since I'm here. I am not wholly convinced with the big bang either. Much like anything I disbelieve, there is an incredible shortcoming of factual information. I've read about all kinds of scientific theories, just like I have read about many religious or spiritual "theories". If it's not a fact, I don't make believe it is a fact. Faith is make believing in my opinion.

I would treat someone knocking on my door, to talk about the big bang, much the same as I do the Christians knocking on my door. If people begin to advocate harming other people, because of a belief in the big bang, I will seek to have their belief outlawed.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Well, since I'm here. I am not wholly convinced with the big bang either.

Neither am I. But that's no excuse to downgrade to creationism. Just because you don't have the correct answer doesn't mean you might as well go completely irrational. That' not just to you, Tamusan, that's to everyone here.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Just because you don't have the correct answer doesn't mean you might as well go completely irrational.

I'm not downgrading anything as completely irrational. There are countless theories about where we came from and how it all began. In my mind, any of them could be equally plausible, but that does not constitute having faith in any of them.

I really don't care what people believe, unless they also believe they must kill the non-believers.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Upgrade to Creationism!

Big Bang Theorists themselves say it didn't start with a Bang, but more of a curve.

Let me guess, a Fibonacci curve?

Look at the Gaps in Cell Replication. Very similar to the gap of Universe Creation.

Look at the Universe as a living cell or virtual simulation. The universe even seems to use wire frames like 3D models!

This is unified theory!! just waiting on the formula!!
edit on 22-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: virtual simulation. The universe even seems to use wire frames like 3D models!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
This is unified theory!! just waiting on the formula!!

And that is where it falls apart.

If you don't have the formula, you don't have anything.
edit on 22-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

For someone who doesn't have Faith, you sure hang out in creationism threads looking for answers!

adding

Here is the Formula!
resonance.is
edit on 22-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: adding link

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Nice deflection. I'm not looking for answers so that is where that particular claim falls apart.

Care to address the point?

ETA: Resonance is not a formula.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Sure, on this resonance site Nassim Haramein, and other physicists and researchers are coming to the conclusion of a holographic universe or something more bizarre.

Their papers are based on mind blowing formulas, that give the atom a new atomic weight, and re-scale the mass of the atom to better fit the scale of the microverse and Universe.

When they gave the atom its new weight, everything seems to be fitting together!

and in this new theory of everything. The universe is laid out on a grid and stars, planets and spheres are aupported by a hidden geometry, in a hidden dimension! Like a wireframe!

Gotta see some of Nassims presentations, they are all really good, I havent seen a bad one.

Remember in that other thread I was talking about the belief of Children or Faith they naturally have.

I noticed children love drawing stars with circles around them!!

The publications link on resonance takes you to:

resonance.is
resonance.is...

resonance.is/explore/publications/
resonance.is...

hiup.org/publications/
hiup.org...

I highly recommend checkign out:
Haramein, N. (2012). Quantum Gravity and the Holographic Mass
^^ The formula

edit on 22-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: ^^ The formula

added:
I never get any stars in these threads!!
edit on 22-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: I never get any stars in these threads

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

"Coming to the conclusion" means just that.

Even if they do reach that conclusion how would that prove creation?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

EnochWasRight

Governing implies accounting, which we know God does. Governing involves being invariant, which we know God is. He does not change.

Of course 'God' changes. Our individual conceptions of God now, and in past and future are continually changing.

God is defined and given life by our concepts. God didn't make us in his image - we made IT in ours.

Regarding the title assertion of this thread. I, too, agree that belief in someone elses concept of 'creation' is much easier then seeking your own understanding and faith. I even wrote a paper on the subject for a Psych class once.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Because it means the universe is just a fragment of a much larger universe.

It is solid evidence of a greater intelligence at work. A Simulation! A living Cell. Imagine space as a uncondensed fluid to us, and the stars are Gas vibrated by sound in the fluid. if it works on smale scale, it will most likely

and it means this verse of acts 17 and Job: 2 are spot on!

AbleEndangered
post by AbleEndangered

I have said this in like 5 threads in the past 2 days,

Universe = Operating System, DNA/RNA = Application

DNA = Programming to turn Atoms into molecular machines!

References to embark on:

Mitochondria - Is apart of every cell, its in all of us, yet almost alien to us. It performs the respiratory functions of every living cell.....This is the Breathe of Life!
Mitochondrial Eve, testing the DNA of mitochondria in Humans has led to the discovery that humans stem from a single Woman! Not a group of women, a single woman!
Sono-Luminescence Bombarding gas bubbles suspended in fluid or water with ultrasounds makes small micro stars. Looking at space as an uncompressed liquid!

Job 12 KJV
10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

Genesis 2 6-7 KJV
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 1 KJV
The Second Day: Firmament
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

and I like to think of the Universe as a Simulation or this:

Our Solar System is just a Molecule in a much larger galaxy!! Nothing is by accident! No Coincidences! Only the simulation is true! Every particle that is here , is here for a reason, cuz it represents something in a much grander scale!

The Earth has one moon not by chance, but because that is how that particle is represented. Barnards star system and alpha centuari might all be apart of the same molecule in the larger universe. And, if Earth didnt have its moon, its wouldnt be that vital molecule in the larger universe!

Think of us as white blood cells for Earth, and Earth is an atom, in a molecule, in a cell in a living creature that is a part of a larger Universe, maybe even a brain cell in God. like it says in this verse.

Acts 17 NIV

16 While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols. 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there. 18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection. 19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, “May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we would like to know what they mean.” 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

That is quite a leap.

Without that leap you don't have solid evidence of creation and probably more proof against the biblical version.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Actually, Think of God within the simulation, as using an avatar.

We enjoy Video Games right? Animals playing Simulations like gods?

Why would an animal enjoy simulations so much, and not just watching, but interacting?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

daskakik

That is quite a leap.

Without that leap you don't have solid evidence of creation and probably more proof against the biblical version.

A leap of Faith...

A Quantum Leap!!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Would you consider the guys that write games gods, in the biblical sense?

I don't so that whole POV doesn't do it for me.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

They are mimicking a Greater Art.

Art = Imitation!

In the Garden Man chose to be more like them and less like animals by eating of the fruit knowledge. This Fruit of knowledge contained Omega 3 Fatty Acids!

The Tree of Life on other hand was greatly cared for and even fought over by the Gods.

As depicted in these Artist imitations or impressions of an event.

google: tree of life sumeria
and just look at all the imitations artists have done to record and maybe eventually mimic the gods.

Like I said in another thread!
Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Like Fire!

adding: The Game Designer(s) call a mode: God Mode!
edit on 22-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Sorry but none of that is necesarily proven by the conclusion that you think Nassim Haramein and the other researchers might be closing in on.

You fail to see that if God is a game developer and everyone is just playing a very real MMORPG that there is nothing special about god and therefore not godlike at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Do you remember the ending to Quantum Leap TV series?

It was quite poetic! A real head scratcher at first. Then, it clicks what the writers were thinking the whole time.

I don't want to spoil anything for you!

5 Seasons of Quantum Leap, I don't recommend skipping to the last episode. Its really neat the way they played with history.

Star Trek Next Generation played on the idea too.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join