It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism takes less faith

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Back up your statements homeboy

Look it swing both ways.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

1104light

ServantOfTheLamb
We call Day when the sun is up God calls Day the presence of light, and then tells us later that we will call determine day and night based upon the moon and sun.

Light from where?

Let me ask you this question first what is light?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Same question to you what is light?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

Same question to you what is light?

My point was about your inability to back up your statement about what god calls day. What light is, has no bearing on the validity of your statement.
edit on 20-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Oh I know the question is relevant please answer and I will show you why.
edit on 20-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Since we are having such a hard time with this lets just break Genesis down for you. In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth. Now the original language translates a litlle differently for the verse after this one. The wording in the original language implies that the Earth already existed and the something happened that made it uninhabitable waste. Next God creates light and darkness This verse Genesis 1:3 is what backs up my statement about God calling Day being in the presence of light, and Night being in the presence of darkness. Now God creates Light on the first day, and you keep asking me how light exist without sun or stars. I will explain but first answer what is light?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

For starters I don't need you to break anything down for me. The people that put that creation myth together didn't know that the sun and the moon where not two different lights or that the sun and the stars are the same so, unless you have some real proof that god told you himself what he considers day and night, I will not accept your claim as true.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

1104light

ServantOfTheLamb
We call Day when the sun is up God calls Day the presence of light, and then tells us later that we will call determine day and night based upon the moon and sun.

Light from where?

Let me ask you this question first what is light?

Ummmm....
no.
You answer me first.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Lol I believe in the God of the Bible. So I am sorry if you don't agree with biblical theology. You were arguing against Genesis....you kinda have to argue from the stand point of the Biblical God.
edit on 20-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

No, your arguing from the standpoint of the Biblical God. I get to question the validity of the bible and any interpretation based on it.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

on the first day light and day and night were created, (though the sun and moon were not created until the fourth day....this cannot be supported by science or common sense thus genesis is clearly based on a fable.

This is when we got on the topic. I told him to point out one part in the Bible that is refuted by Science. He used the Genesis Creation Account. This is why I must argue from the perspective of the Biblical God.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I have followed the entire thread and saw when the topic came up. I also understand why you have to argue it from the perspective of the Biblical God. I don't have a problem with that. The thing is that you are interpreting the bible so you can't really say what the perspective of the Biblical God really is.

Another problem is that in your interpretation you are only looking at one part but the whole thing reads:

4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.

Everything is fine up to this point but then

And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Not just light and dark but evening and morning, the first day and every day of the creation has an evening and a morning, even after the fourth. What was causing these before the lights in the firmament and why are they called the same afterwards?

Honestly it is just a story.

edit on 21-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

1104light

ServantOfTheLamb

God is eternal. Outside of the third and fourth dimensions. So the laws of physics and time have no effect on him? You don't believe the universe had a first cause. If you don't believe in God you believe matter is eternal, and that definitely doesn't work when the laws of physics are applied now does it.

God is eternal?
Says who?

Says the Bible, which is the only God that I believe exist.

I have a book that says Candyman exists. Should I believe it?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 1104light

YES!

and the Sand Man!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Big Bang Model = Wrong!

Microverse, Multiverse, Macroverse models = Correct!

Singularity = Key Hole, womb!

Big Bang model will be replaced with new model soon, cuz it doesn't fit or work in the unified theory!

They will have to rename the sitcom: The Unified Theory Roseanne spin-off.

Then, people that didn't have faith in the Lord, will have a new belief or idol!

Is it a wave, or a particle, or both?

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around, would the universe waste energy to make the sound if no one is there to hear it?

Is the moon there when no one is looking?

These are important questions and Big Bang not cutting it!!

(post by AfterInfinity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You use faith homie no matter how you want to spin it.

No, not at all. At least not in my case. I don't know if your god exists or not. I don't care if your god exists or not. I don't even think about it. I only read this thread, because I have exhausted the pool of unread threads that I am actually interested in.

Then you may ask, why am I so hostile about this subject. Well.... About 10 minutes ago, some church people knocked on my door, and attempted to forced their sky fairies on me. I did not yell " get away or get stabbed", because I have faith that their god is fake. It is simply that I don't care enough to believe. The only thing I care about related to religion is this: I wish everyone would leave me alone about their religion, especially christians and muslims. Don't bring your belief into my life, and I won't bash it, or think about how to get it abolished.

edit on 22-9-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

The only thing I care about related to religion is this: I wish everyone would leave me alone about their religion, especially christians and muslims. Don't bring your belief into my life, and I won't bash it, or think about how to get it abolished.

Then why are you on this thread?
edit on 22-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Please refer to my previous post. There you will find 2 possible reasons for why I am on this thread.

I suppose I am in an abolitionist mood, after being disturbed by some door to door faith pushers. Here's the deal, you are free to have any religion you want, as long as it does not advocate harm to another person. Usually, I reserve my hatred for those who would stone a woman to death for being raped. However, at this moment, I am petty enough to believe that I was harmed by the church people knocking on my door.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am not wholly convinced with the big bang but it is the best theory to date. And that is how science works, it gets a lot of things right and refines, but occasionally goes off on a tangent (finding ether in space) and refines a wronged theory until someone comes along and corrects the original supposition. It works like this irregardless of people religion.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join