It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Actually, if you go into Profile, and then find the link marked "Posts" you get all your latest posts and so on. Its pretty easy to do, and it all makes sense if you poke about a bit and learn your way around some.

Doesn't seem to work. Clicking on a post just takes me to the beginning of the thread. Also these emoticons really suck.

Never mind on the emoticons if they are being changed.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by sulaw

The emoticons will be changing, there is a member driven project to develop new smilies.

~Tenth

Goodo. Tenth, is there an equivilant of the "top" button we used to have at the bottom of threads? It just makes it easier to get to the top of the thread rather than scrolling. Apologies if ive missed something obvious.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Click on the time stamp on the right side of the list with your username, not the thread title.

That click will take you to your post.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hmm... thats strange. I can only assume gremlins, since theres no way a backstep on something like this would be a part of the sites deliberate design. Might be one of those kinks that needs working out.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

TKDRL
Yeah, it's asking for the beta password also when trying to click to new pages in a thread for me too. Keeps reverting back to 53.

Oh.. well the beta is still open so it may be conflicting.. For me I didn't realize the new one was up because I was already on it and logged in.. If the pop up comes up use the login SO gave you.

I have tabs open to both www, and 53. right now and both work but maybe because I am logged into the 53. one aswell ?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

OneisOne
reply to post by Bassago

Click on the time stamp on the right side of the list with your username, not the thread title.

That click will take you to your post.

Thanks!
2nd

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I had to Join just to say Boo Hoo.

The old ast was just perfect..

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Nice job finding that OneisOne!

Much appreciated!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Honest answer? No.

Snarky Answer? Press HOME on your keyboard

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

If you click on the human torso icon at the bottom of your avatar, it will solve your problem. Easier than the ribbon even though we were all used to it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Navigation is waaay faster on ipad...

2nd line

Å99

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

reply to post by TrueBrit

One other thingy..... See that 'no neck' person icon at the bottom of your profile? It's bright green!!

Click it & you will be taken to that member's posts page (or your own if you click from your profile)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Is using my beta testing password now? I seem to be getting kicked out and asking for one when I try to go to the next page?? Help!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

No beta testing anymore the site is live.

This means you can forgo with the 53. and just use the regular www.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It is reverting itself back to the 53 for me too. When going from regular www, and hitting page navigations on threads I mean. Trying to be clear lol.
edit on Thu, 05 Sep 2013 17:31:00 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Honest answer? No.

Snarky Answer? Press HOME on your keyboard

~Tenth

That's ok. I asked for it, Im an idiot with computers, but a goddess in the kitchen. Should you ever take the mick out of my chocolate fondants id probably remove your appendages with a blunt knife,

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

dustytoad

gladtobehere
Kinda, trying to get used to navigating this new layout.

So before, where there were 3 columns for new topics, most flagged and most discussed, they're all gone now, correct?

Its just "new"?

NEW = new topic firehose It shows all the flags and post data so you can select "most flagged" that way...
OR

My ATS and on the left side click show most flagged topics in last 48 hours.. For all of your favorite topics.. I just favorited all the ones I ever post in, so you can do that and see most flags in last 48 hours,
most replies in last 48 hours, newest threads in last 48 hours.. and newest replies last 48 hours..

Well, I did as you suggested. Went to the forums section, then clicked into a bunch of forums, clicked on the heart to favorite it.

Went back to myats and bubkis....

Nothing. Favorite forums is now completely empty.

Edit* So get this, you actually have to click into a thread within the forum, and select the heart at the top of the thread. That did work for me.
edit on 5-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh ok, make sure you clear out all your cookies and stuff. I think SO is still rolling them out so it could be a littel go between till then.

I'm not seeing that problem at all though.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Where's BTS?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Terrible ......

Main Thread screen is Out ie say 2" nothing on left then main board then probably 6"nothing on right side of screen

unless there are different screen settings which I cannot see, would expect recent post screen to be centered

I open a thread and say I want to view page three for example it cuts me to authorisation password 53 login

Riouz

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join