It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I love the design. It's easy on the eyes and easy to get around.

One problem/question though, I don't see a distinction between:

on site quotes

and,

external quotes
off site

The distinction kinda helps one to see the difference between new information being posted from an external source, as an answer to a post, as opposed to quoting a member, in order to answer a part of their post.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am going to watch for it again. Only saw it that one time. I'll let ya know if I see it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

One of the first things that people do on here when they log in is to check their last posts, so they can quickly get back into any discussions they were in. This is now buried way too deep , and should be a one-click after the user logs in. It was even tedious with that old Ribbon, but now, it basically just needs fixing quickly.

Try the little green person icon at the lower left corner of your avatar. Voila. All sorts of neat stuff there, just a click away.

Honestly, everyone, try clicking around a bit. There are all the same features you are used to.

Change is hard, I know. But give it a chance. Come into the light!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

You need to get your avatar resized. Thus the tiling.

The good folks at Avatar Creations will be more than happy to fix yours and everyone else's avatar. There's also a handy link in my sig line.

We're all set for avatar triage.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm trying really hard to give this new setup a shot, but the two main pages (that get me involved with threads), the "home" page and the "new" page just don't do it for me.....yet......... I hope I grow to like this like I did the past designs, but my first impression of it so far isn't good.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I live on the recent posts page.

You should see if you can migrate there, I find it's a much better way to keep track of the flow of ATS daily.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

stormdancer777
Press ctrl and - at the same time.

have you tried it, there is a lot of space and scrolling though.

Guys the spacing has always been there.. The avatar size makes the next post down at a certain minimum distance away.. Before the change the extra space was taken up inside your post as blank space. Now it's outside as blank space..

Increase your resolution or do the ctrl - thing, until the option is added in like SO said he might do.

I'm on 90% size in chrome, but I might go lower even.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you Druid, So many good people here on ATS. That is just another reason why I love this place so much. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Night Star

" The "1024 wide" version of ATS is much more "tight" than the full-screen version. I'll be adding an option in your member account settings to use that version for those who want to. "

When that Option is added to our Account Settings , you should be able to View this Site in a more Agreeable Way .

edit on 5-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Thank you so much I'll be waiting for that!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here it is again.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Huh..

That's interesting.

Does it only show up at the bottom or I guess top of the thread lists AFTER the auto scroll?

I'll add it to the log.

ETA: can you click on them both? If so, are the URL's the same for botH?
edit on 9/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I used to live on the Fire Hose page when it was broken up into "Last 4 hours, Last 12 Hours, Last 24 hours" categories in 3 columns all on one non-refreshing page. It was the BEST thing on ATS for me.

Then I got evicted from my beloved home during the last big change.

Keeping on top of topics ever since has been crappy.

Is there anyway we could have such a feature make a return? To be honest I can't think of any better way to organize new topics. Why was it even abandoned?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

I'm not sure what the problem was originally, I do know that alot of members weren't using the auto update feature because the browsers were unsupported.

I use the NEW page now and the HOT/TOP pages which are relatively well organized.

The ARCHIVE feature is hella usefull too if you want to verify what's gone on in the last 24hrs.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My new car was like this for the first day or two. It does exactly the same job as the old one, same manufacturer, same model, but ten years newer. It took awhile of pulling on this and poking on that but in the end you get it. The old car? Oh yes that heap of scrap. I actually enjoy driving to work now. So ATS crew...I'm likin it, how fast will it go? Really glad to hear about the emoticon design crew, the new ones are problematic for me, I mean I sent the thumbs up to someone, stood back for a minute, and wondered if perhaps I hadn't lit a fuse..."LOL" cos I don't see it in the collection of potential blue meanies.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It happens at the time the threads are added during scroll. Haven't tried checking to see it the links are good. I imagine they are because I would think the paging just has an error in the index to start the next batch and repeats a thread.

I had mentioned the CSS for the old site but the new one has errors also. Someone should look into all the css errors. Bad values in declarations, etc.

edit:
Third time, if I counted corrected, they were thread entries 85 and 86 in the page. Both are good links.
edit on 9/5/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yeah I added that to the log in the staff forum. Thanks for the diligence

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by ShadowLink

I'm not sure what the problem was originally, I do know that alot of members weren't using the auto update feature because the browsers were unsupported.

Does that mean auto-refresh could still be used or not. I know SO said some browsers did not support it but did it actually cause problems for those users or did it just not refresh? If it caused no issues then for those of us it works for it would be nice to keep.

Using the Recent page is just too distracting with all the forum posts coming through. IMO.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I think it was causing load problems on the site. Basically having a live updated page with the amount of forums and posts we have was very taxing.

That and I think there were a few forums that didn't even get their threads in those lists because of how they were originally created/coded. I do believe this is the first Complete, full fledge, A to Z, 100% code change ATS has had.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Might depend on if it is using positions in the list or actual thread Ids and the list changing (new entry at top,etc).

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

OK thanks. Guess we'll have to live with the refresh button.
-
-
-
Or... you could call the NSA and borrow one of their new super computers for the extra oomph. Once you tell them it's for ATS they're sure to fork one over.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join