It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

jiggerj

Sharingan
reply to post by TrueBrit

I really dont like it.
This "look" may do what the whiners and trolls couldnt do, drive me away from ATS

Yeah, it was one thing to have to scroll down, but now I have to scroll right and left too? I'll try my best over the weekend, but it's feeling like a little more trouble than it's worth. I'd put a sad face here, but I don't like them.
edit on 9/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Press ctrl and - at the same time.

have you tried it, there is a lot of space and scrolling though.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why are some names showing and most are not? I only see their avatars and no posting name?????

I agree with all the posters about all the wasted space at the top of a page where you have to scroll down just to see the first post.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

DiabolusFireDragon
I'd rather have more content on the page, such as thread titles in "recent" view or be able to read more than one response by a user on the screen at a time.

This confuses me.

The vertical size of threads is primarily determined by the avatar size and mini-profile sizes -- especially those with attractive well-designed backgrounds. I worked hard to make sure the mini-profile ended up being only about 5% taller than in the previous version of ATS.2010.

I think the fact that the post-area isn't the same vertical size (when the post is short) as the mini-profile is part of the perception issue.

I'm looking at reasonable ways to move some of the mini-profile content out so that it's vertical size is shorter.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Night Star
Why are some names showing and most are not?

This was an issue in release candidate testing that had seemed to be corrected.

Can you provide a screen shot along with your browser/OS version?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

pez1975

sporkmonster
I like the new look, I just miss the Firehose. That was my favorite way to browse ATS.

I'm with you i miss the Firehose please put it back and make it 3 rows like it was please

what's Firehose ?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It seems many people haven't realised that they can change their preferences. Not in profile but in ACCOUNT. Mobile users and ipad/tablet users may need to change things there. Just some info
You get to account by looking at the top bar were it says home top etc, then you click the little downwards arrow, then you click account. Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

theabsolutetruth
Massive font and space wasting. A 3 line post takes up a whole page.

In your screen shot, the issue is more because of the large avatar/mini-profile than font/spacing.

A while back, I tossed out the idea of reducing avatar sizes and mini-profile background sizes... to a massive foray of "you better not" type comments.

The "1024 wide" version of ATS is much more "tight" than the full-screen version. I'll be adding an option in your member account settings to use that version for those who want to.

That is Very reassuring Sir , Thank You . I view this Site on a PC at 1280 By 1024 Screen Resolution, and it is having an Adverse Effect on my Vision .

P.S. I also cannot see my Screen Name Above my Avatar . More than likely because I am Still using IE 8 ........I know , My Bad.........

edit on 5-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am loving the new format.

Speed?

Improved.

Look?

Improved.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

i dont know about this new stuff, im stuck on the ways set in stone. ah guess i need to wander around and see if this is to like or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the reply! Maybe it is a perception thing.
I can get the content a little tighter with minimizing out of the full screen window for my browser. Though I would rather have seen a move towards smaller member mini profiles and more content and replies on the screen at one time, you can't possibly please everybody. Thanks for listening. I think the effort you put in is tops.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I have found a change that needs to be announced to members. Possibly it already has and I have not seen it. When posting a video, the '&' sign at the end is no longer necessary. At least, the last video I posted required that I removed the & sign before posting correctly.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
People should also be aware that logging out is a 2 step process. First you log out then it ask you "are you sure you want to log out?" before you are actually logged out.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Where is the [TOP] button? I know the "Doctors Wife" asked the same question and was told to hit the home button on her computer. Did that and nothing happened.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Wondering if there may be a paging problem in the Recent posts page. This occurred when the recent thread list increased as the scrolling moved to the bottom. looks like it dupped a thread.

edit on 9/5/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OH, I really like the way your post are sorted, like how many I have made under each forum.

I don't remember half of them lol

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I'm not seeing the doubles in mine. But the forever scroll I suppose could pop a dupe in there by mistake.

Although in reality I have no idea how any of that works.

Can you recreate the issue with other threads?

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Resentedhalo08
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Like you I am using chrome, the text and boxes etc are far too distanced and the overall colours and design is actually giving me a migrane.

^This. I am also using chrome and though I think it is cool for an i*something user or android... it just doesn't look as nice or flow as well as it used to on the pc. As another poster mentioned I am also having HUGE issues with it sucking up memory and it has slowed to a crawl when loading some threads. And no, it has nothing to do with a virus or any other issue. It worked fine just before the change. After loading a thread after change it took more then a few seconds to load and has since when before it was almost instant. I have actually done nothing else on my computer in the interim today as real life overpowered my ATS fix. =(

I haven't been around long enough to have an opinion I suppose... but I just don't really care for it overall. Cutesy design for the kiddies but it seems to have lost the professional look and feel for me. I guess I don't really belong on ATS as the size of the text, contrast, and icons are not having a great effect on my headaches. If we could choose in our profiles to go back to the way we had it... that would be incredible! But it appears that this change, though I usually love changes especially on websites, is irreversible and anyone with a problem is going to be shunned and treated poorly by staff. I love some of the staff here as they have been just amazingly awesome to me and I understand when someone loves something, it is hard to see around the rose colored glasses to hear a complaint. But that is what makes the staff, staff right? Anyways, good luck guys and it was awesome getting to meet all of you! =) Have a wonderful rest of your week and good luck in your future endeavors.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Using windows xp and Internet Explorer
Don't know how to get a screen shot. Sorry.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Night Star
Why are some names showing and most are not?

This was an issue in release candidate testing that had seemed to be corrected.

Can you provide a screen shot along with your browser/OS version?
My reply above.

oops, didn't include everything. This is in reference to my only seeing some posters names and not others.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

" The "1024 wide" version of ATS is much more "tight" than the full-screen version. I'll be adding an option in your member account settings to use that version for those who want to. "

When that Option is added to our Account Settings , you should be able to View this Site in a more Agreeable Way .

edit on 5-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join