It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus presents Himself as God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

. . . you realize, many people fall away,
mock God, deny Him. They're going to lose their souls if they do not change.

These are serious times, there is a test and choice. Do we really believe and love God. I sure hope so, He is
the source of all good. Everyone look toward Jesus and only follow His ways. Pray, start a prayer life.
We worship God by living good lives.
1 Peter 2,
. . . rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander . . .
. . . offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God . . .
. . . a royal priesthood . . .
. . . declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness . . .
. . . you have received mercy . . .
. . . abstain from sinful desires . . .
. . . they may see your good deeds and glorify God . . .

(2011 NIV)
edit on 7-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

. . . you realize, many people fall away,
mock God, deny Him. They're going to lose their souls if they do not change.

These are serious times, there is a test and choice. Do we really believe and love God. I sure hope so, He is
the source of all good. Everyone look toward Jesus and only follow His ways. Pray, start a prayer life.
We worship God by living good lives.
1 Peter 2,
. . . rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander . . .
. . . offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God . . .
. . . a royal priesthood . . .
. . . declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness . . .
. . . you have received mercy . . .
. . . abstain from sinful desires . . .
. . . they may see your good deeds and glorify God . . .

(2011 NIV)
edit on 7-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

My words are true and sincere.

Who is "we?" Prayer is a form of worship, the highest form of worship is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. There are two priesthoods in the New Covenant, the priesthood of believers and the ministerial priesthood. Makes no sense mentioning the priesthood in Holy Scripture while you reject the ministerial priesthood.

Non-Catholic Christians and Judaism in the New Covenant have no ministerial priesthood.

Very soon, Jesus is going to ask you and every person on the earth to become Catholic. When the "awakening" takes place, you may recall my sharing this with you on ATS. There is one divine plan, God's plan is going to be revealed again in a miraculous way so say yes to God. The Great Warning and called the "awakening" in Protestant prophecy could happen next year.

God bless you,

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Okay, that's interesting, but I don't think you "need" the creation story to understand the nature of the "godly" manifestation of 4, just geometry.

You see, in reality, an object of 3 facets, or sides, can't exist in this dimension. So, to describe God in this way defines a God that doesn't exist in our reality. But God and it's creation are NOT separate. Creation is one of the facets of God. It's part of the body of God. That's not to say that God isn't also spiritual, intellectual and introspective..........as are we, in "his image".

So, in my opinion, it's impossible for "GOD", whose embodiment IS the physical universe, to transform into the body of a mortal man is absurd! A man cannot be God, because mankind is just one expression of God's creation and it's nature.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by colbe

Jesus has never said in 2000 years, that His mother is divine. And neither has His Church. She is very, very special but not divine.

I'm glad to hear you say that. I thought maybe that's where you were going with your post, since I know that you mentioned that Mary was the "queen of heaven" in another thread. The "queen of heaven", as written in the Bible, was referring to a false goddess named Ashtoreth (Ishtar).

edit on 7-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Repeatedly in the Old Testament, it has been revealed, the mother of the king is queen Deetermined. You accept Jesus is King of Heaven and earth, who else would be Queen but His Mother?

The verse you are referring to, those people were mistakenly worshiping the moon so has nothing to do with God's revelation and who is God's queen.

Jeremiah 7:18-10 [18] The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire and the women knead the dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to offer libations to strange gods, and to provoke me to anger. [19] Do they provoke me to anger, saith the Lord? Is it not themselves, to the confusion of their contenance?

[18] Queen of heaven: That is, the moon, which they worshipped under that name.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Non-Catholic Christians and Judaism in the New Covenant have no ministerial priesthood.

Very soon, Jesus is going to ask you and every person on the earth to become Catholic.

Why on earth would Jesus do that? What are you talking about when you say "ministerial priesthood"?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes, God and his creations are separate. That's why Jesus needed to die a human death in order to reconcile all human flesh back to God.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Repeatedly in the Old Testament, it has been revealed, the mother of the king is queen Deetermined. You accept Jesus is King of Heaven and earth, who else would be Queen but His Mother?

You don't get it. There is no mention of a queen during the Millennial period on earth or in Heaven, so assumptions otherwise are pointless and worthless. If Mary really carried as much weight as you think she does, you'd think the Bible would talk about her more, but it doesn't. It doesn't even explain what happened to her after Christ died. Is there a non-biblical book that you're using to draw your information from?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Then we believe in different Gods. My God isn't separated from creation.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

You don't get it. There is no mention of a queen during the Millennial period on earth or in Heaven, so assumptions otherwise are pointless and worthless. If Mary really carried as much weight as you think she does, you'd think the Bible would talk about her more, but it doesn't. It doesn't even explain what happened to her after Christ died. Is there a non-biblical book that you're using to draw your information from?

Christ's teachings were given orally to the Apostles, The Holy Bible came later, in the 4th century AND important, NOT everything Jesus did or said is written in the Word. Sola Scriptura came from Luther not God.

You accept some of God's oral Word not found in the written Word, Catholics call this Tradition.

Mary's Queenship is written in Scripture. No where in the Bible does a son call his mother "woman" except for Our Lord. Why does Jesus repeatedly do this in the Gospel, even in His last words suffering on the Cross? Jesus is showing you His mother is the "woman" in Revelation 12:1 and the same prophesied in Genesis 3:15. Adulterous King James, his fellas (translators) completely changed Genesis 3:15. Check the KJV, Our Lord ends up being call "it!"

A Queen wears a crown. John prepared you with the last verse in Revelation Chapter 11, John tells you who the "woman" is in the first verse of Chapter 12. Jesus' mother Mary is in Heaven. The Bible does tell you where Mary is and in the same verse, only Mary is the ark of the New Covenant, Mary carried God inside her.

Revelation 11:19
And the temple of God was opened in heaven: and the ark of his testament was seen in his temple, and there were lightnings, and voices, and an earthquake, and great hail.
www.drbo.org...

There can be lessor meanings to the "woman" in Revelation 12:1 but above the other two, the woman is Mary. Read further in Revelation Chapter 12, Mary is the "woman" who brought forth the man-child.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Deetermined,

Here is more proof in your insisting on Bible Alone.

Look at the underlined, rotten King James', his translators changed the original word from "throne" to "seat." A queen sits on a THRONE. So...

It's not your fault in understanding the mother of the King is Queen. The anti-Mary nonsense came about to distance Protestantism from the faith. Love the Mother, love the Son. Jesus with all His Sacred Heart wants you to have a personal relationship with His mother. You can...

Note: 1Kings is 3Kings in the English translation of the first Bible (the Latin Vulgate).

~ ~ ~
KJV Bible

1 Kings 2:17=19
And he said, Speak, I pray thee, unto Solomon the king, (for he will not say thee nay,) that he give me Abishag the Shunammite to wife.

18 And Bathsheba said, Well; I will speak for thee unto the king.

19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

Douay-Rheims Bible

3 Kings 2:17
And he said: I pray thee speak to king Solomon (for he cannot deny thee any thing) to give me Abisag the Sunamitess to wife. [18] And Bethsabee said: Well, I will speak for thee to the king. [19] Then Bethsabee came to king Solomon, to speak to him for Adonias: and the king arose to meet her, and bowed to her, and sat down upon his throne: and a throne was set for the king' s mother, and she sat on his right hand.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Neat, wow! I just noticed 3 Kings 2:17 (1 Kings in the KJV) is a typology. A type pointing to the New Testament.

Douay-Rheims Bible http;//www.drbo.org/

3 Kings 2:17
And he said: I pray thee speak to king Solomon (for he cannot deny thee any thing) to give me Abisag the Sunamitess to wife.

Jesus wasn't ready, He said it at the wedding of Cana but He could not deny His mother's request concerning
the wine.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Love the Mother, love the Son. Jesus with all His Sacred Heart wants you to have a personal relationship with His mother.

You do realize that this sounds like the exact opposite of what you said earlier? You admitted that Mary was not divine, but now you're telling me that Jesus wants everyone to have a relationship with her? There is no need to have a relationship with her. You can have respect for her purpose on earth, but she holds no higher purpose in heaven.

The woman with the crown that has twelve stars represents Israel and the twelve tribes of Israel. It is symbolism for the rebirth of Israel and Jesus reigning at the helm during the Millennial period to come, it has absolutely nothing to do with Mary.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

No where in the Bible does a son call his mother "woman" except for Our Lord.

That's because she was just a woman who raised him. The reason Jesus probably called her that was so that people wouldn't mistake her for anything greater than what she was to the Son of God, which you just did anyway. You interpreted it just the opposite of what Jesus most likely intended for you to understand from it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

No where in the Bible does a son call his mother "woman" except for Our Lord.

That's because she was just a woman who raised him. The reason Jesus probably called her that was so that people wouldn't mistake her for anything greater than what she was to the Son of God, which you just did anyway. You interpreted it just the opposite of what Jesus most likely intended for you to understand from it.

"Just a woman who raised him".... This is not how God views Mary. You follow the anti-Marian belief of Protestantism. Don't do it anymore. I gave you proof, the mother of the king is queen in Scripture.

The woman in Revelation 12:1 sounds pretty royal and further on in chapter 12, the "woman" who gave birth to the man-Child is Mary above any other secondary meaning.

The Apostles have passed down the teachings of Christ. Christians know them because of Jesus' established Church by her teachings given through the centuries (33 A.D to the present day NOT 1517 to the present day). The Gospel is Christ centered. Revelation about who Mary is has been revealed more so than found in Scripture via the oral Word (Tradition) and the magisterial teachings of the Church.

Speak to Mary in prayer, ask her to help you.

God bless you Deetermined,

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Sorry, that would be considered blasphemy by Jesus' standards that he has set.

Jesus said the only way to God was through him. He said to pray to the Father or to ask in his name.

He said absolutely NOTHING about asking for anything through ANYONE else's names, whether Mary or any of the saints.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Jesus said the only way to God was through him. He said to pray to the Father or to ask in his name.

He said absolutely NOTHING about asking for anything through ANYONE else's names, whether Mary or any of the saints.

They're version of Mary is Ashtoreth a.k.a. Asherah. They're also pretty damn stubborn in their belief that chunk of rock is the real Mary.

You'd think the words "queen of heaven" would make them rethink that belief especially in the context of the OT.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Asking someone to pray for you is not "blasphemy."

Jesus is the only mediator between man and the Father. Who is the mediator between humanity and Jesus? There is lessor mediation. You pray for loved ones to God. Someone asks to you to pray for them, you are mediating for their intention. A better word, interceding for them to God.

Scripturally, in Revelation explain the "prayers of the saints?" They're mediators for us too with God. They prayed their entire lives, why would they stop in Heaven? God sees us here on earth, souls in Purgatory and the saints in Heaven as one big family. We all help each other. Very Christian.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Who is the mediator between humanity and Jesus?

We don't need a mediator between humanity and Jesus. Yes, humans pray for each other while they are alive, but the Bible never says to contact the dead. In fact, the Bible is explicit about not contacting the dead. It doesn't matter what status they held when they were alive.

I'll point out a couple of other things for you. Although you think there's some importance to a queen sitting on the right hand of the king in human terms, Jesus told his disciples over and over again that God's kingdom was different. Jesus always told us that he sat on the right hand of God and he never answered his disciples when they fought over which one of them would be sitting at Jesus' right hand. That's because there won't be anyone sitting at Jesus' right hand. God/Jesus rules alone. God's kingdom won't be governed the same way earthly kingdoms are.

Secondly, here's the significance that Jesus set for his earthly mother and brothers...

Matthew 12:46-50

46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

God/Jesus rules alone.

This looks like a contradictory statement.
Are you saying that Jesus is filling in for God, and does it well by being spiritually in unity with God?
Or are you saying that a single person has a dual personality and that the Bible does not mean it literally when it describes the Lord sitting at the right hand of God?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I answered that question here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join