It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus presents Himself as God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Where are the other 4's? God's name is derived from the Tetragrammaton, which in Greek, literally means "four letters", but what does that have to do with God having 4 facets? God isn't a letter. God is a being, as we've already established.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Deetermined

As I pointed out before, the 4s are exemplified in God's name YHWH. It's not YHW. Also, there are the 4 winds, the 4 corners of the earth, etc.

edit on 6-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

But that isn't God's name.

No one knows his real name. Not even the Jews.

Just because I have four letters in my name does not make me four.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Also, there are the 4 winds, the 4 corners of the earth, etc.

So, now you've established that we have north, south, east and west, and winds that come out of each direction, but what does that have to do with God? The Bible tells us that God made man in his image, not the earth or it's elements.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

According to Judaism, the 4 letters of God's name YHWH encompasses the spirit of and the letters of the law. Nowhere does the Old Testament support a triad representation of God. It's always in 4s.

God's law isn't, and never was, a bunch of rules written by men. It is embodied in "the name".

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

God's nature is expressed in its creation. Even in humanity we have the father, mother, son and daughter. FOURS!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

According to Judaism, the 4 letters of God's name YHWH encompasses the spirit of and the letters of the law. Nowhere does the Old Testament support a triad representation of God. It's always in 4s.

God's law isn't, and never was, a bunch of rules written by men. It is embodied in "the name".

Embodied in "the name"? That is a new one to me.

Are you a practicing Jew?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unachispa
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I don't understand what you are trying to say exactly. 'Firstborn' does not mean first created. 'Firstborn' is a title of Preeminence or Superiority. Take this for example: David was the youngest of his brothers, but in Psalm 82:20,27, he is given the title 'firstborn' because he is in a position of superiority. Scripture is best interpreted by scripture.

What are you saying exactly?

I am saying what scripture is saying. God the Father is different than the Son of God. 1 Corinthians 15 makes this perfectly clear. The Son has a mission of removing authority and handing it to God. God is then all in all. This is what the passage says. Christ made it clear that the Father was greater than him. Jesus never pointed to anyone but the Father. Matthew 11 makes it clear we do not know either one of them.

Matthew 11

27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Do you not see the clear distinction that there are two? One is greater than the other. One hands something to the Son. The Son hands it back again. They are not the same entity. We do not know them yet.

edit on 6-9-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

I don't understand what you are trying to say exactly. 'Firstborn' does not mean first created. 'Firstborn' is a title of Preeminence or Superiority. Take this for example: David was the youngest of his brothers, but in Psalm 82:20,27, he is given the title 'firstborn' because he is in a position of superiority. Scripture is best interpreted by scripture.

I am saying what scripture is saying. God the Father is different than the Son of God. 1 Corinthians 15 makes this perfectly clear. The Son has a mission of removing authority and handing it to God. God is then all in all. This is what the passage says. Christ made it clear that the Father was greater than him. Jesus never pointed to anyone but the Father. Matthew 11 makes it clear we do not know either one of them.

Matthew 11

27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Do you not see the clear distinction that there are two? One is greater than the other. One hands something to the Son. The Son hands it back again. They are not the same entity. We do not know them yet.

Yes, while Jesus was on Earth, he was made lower than the Angels and in lower position than God the Father. I agree with that. His mission was die for our sins (1Peter 2:24).

How is God all in all? I don't understand what you are saying there. What verse is that?

He never pointed to himself?
"31Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself." -Jesus (John 12)

I do see the distinction that God the Father is not God the Son, God the Son is not the God the Holy Spirit. Three separate persons, one divine nature.

You may not know God, but I can testify that I know God. The Holy Spirit dwells within me. He has given me a new heart with new desires. You can know him too if you repent and trust in Jesus. And you can know that you are saved. (1John 5:13)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

How is God all in all? I don't understand what you are saying there. What verse is that?

He was talking about 1 Corinthians 15...

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

But I agree with you, that Jesus was only made lower than the angels while he was here on earth.

Although EnochWasRight believes that they are separate, the end result is still the same. Jesus will be sitting on the throne of God in the new kingdom. All will be worshiping Jesus in order to bring glory to God the Father.

Here's what EnochWasRight doesn't seem to realize...during the Millennium Jesus will be king over all of the earth.

Zechariah 14:9

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

When the Millennium is over, a new kingdom comes down to replace it (the New Jerusalem), but it will continue forever with Jesus ruling it, just like the Bible always told us he would.

Revelation 3:11-12

11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him MY new name.

The tale end of verse Zechariah 14:9 will be carried over into the new permanent kingdom (Heaven/New Jerusalem), where there will be one Lord and his name ONE. This is when God will be all in all, but with only one Lord to rule over it.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Where are the other 4's? God's name is derived from the Tetragrammaton, which in Greek, literally means "four letters", but what does that have to do with God having 4 facets? God isn't a letter. God is a being, as we've already established.

This is NOT Greek. It's Hebrew.

God is not a person. God is the living being that arises from the body of the Universe, just as we are living beings that arise from the body of God. God's being is encompassed in the embodiment of universal law. God is law, the law of everything, just as everything abides by God's law.

The 4 facet of God are the 4 faces of the tetrahedron, in this dimension.

The four faces, the four letters, the four family members, the four seasons, the four winds, the four corners, etc.

A trinity, a three side figure can't exist in our reality. Only the most basic of solids, the four sided figure, can exist in our reality. Technically, we need 6 to survive. 6 is the number of man, up, down, north, east, south, and west. The cube, the box, the trap.

The text was edited to dumb down the notion of a God of 3, the trinity. This isn't a correct representation of God.

edit on 6-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

My friend, we must look at all 66 books that God has given us.

Please take a look at this. CARM.ORG

And this link too. The Plurality Study.
edit on 6-9-2013 by UnaChispa because: link

I love most of your replies in this thread but the Canon contains 72 books. Martin Luther with no God given authority tossed out 7 books because they disagreed with his new heresies.

Martin Luther even tried to remove the book of James because of James 2:24.

Coinicidence, "66" books is very telling. And, check your KJV Bible, the disciples who walked no more with Our Lord, rejected Jesus' words about His presence in the Eucharist, this is John 6:66.

Look in the original Bible (Latin Vulgate), that same verse is John 6:67. Catholics believe in Jesus' presence in the Eucharist.

God is trying to get your attention. Adulterous King James' translators missed this when they made their thousands of changes.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Matthew 11

Yes, while Jesus was on Earth, he was made lower than the Angels and in lower position than God the Father. I agree with that. His mission was die for our sins (1Peter 2:24).

He never pointed to himself?
"31Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself." -Jesus (John 12)

I do see the distinction that God the Father is not God the Son, God the Son is not the God the Holy Spirit. Three separate persons, one divine nature.

You may not know God, but I can testify that I know God. The Holy Spirit dwells within me. He has given me a new heart with new desires. You can know him too if you repent and trust in Jesus. And you can know that you are saved. (1John 5:13)

You do not know God face to face. You are being prepared by faith to meet the Son. All of us are in this state. There is yet 1000 years on Earth left before we meet God face to face. Until that time, the enemies are made the footstool once Christ arrives on the scene the second time. You meet the Son when this happens and faith becomes fact. You sin. If you sin, you do are not yet possessed by the Holy Spirit. If you had been baptized by the Spirit, you would have a glorified body. You must be born again for this to happen. In Revelation 6, the new robe is given to the saints when they are killed in the tribulation. For you and me, this has yet to take place.

John 6

65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

We are being enabled now. This is God's work in us. Faith is Gods work and salvation is the Son's work.

I will take you through it.

1 Corinthians 15

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

---Every soul that has ever lived is resurrected after Jesus death on the cross. This is baptism and our immersion into the waters of life. You MUST be born again. The work is not complete until Christ returns for the Bride. This is the church that is being prepared.

21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

---We are the resurrection. All 7 billion souls come back to live again.

24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

---Has all dominion been destroyed? No it's still us here under tyranny. Until Christ comes at the last 1000 years, we are here waiting.

25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.

---He is the Head. We are the body below.

26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

---Death has not been destroyed. It is clear that God himself is not put under the dominion of Christ.

28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

The last verse happens at the end of the next day (1000 years).

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

Light of Mary is messenger from Latin America so this is a translation.

Do you realize that you just spammed up a big chunk of this thread in about the most annoying way possible?
You could just condense all that down for us and give a single line of its significance.
Your only commentary is "this is true, so believe it".
edit on 6-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I didn't say "this true, so believe it", I said "Everything He says is true. Please believe." I underlined the part of
the message from Our Lord repeating for the zillionth time, He is God. jim, you realize, many people fall away,
mock God, deny Him. They're going to lose their souls if they do not change.

These are serious times, there is a test and choice. Do we really believe and love God. I sure hope so, He is
the source of all good. Everyone look toward Jesus and only follow His ways. Pray, start a prayer life.

The excerpted message was beautiful and enlightening. I'll condense, share a few words of the message. Only God speaks to each generation. Another important thing Our Lord repeats, love His mother, don't believe the anti-Marian craX. Think how the rejection of Our Lord's mother breaks His heart.

+ + +

"I am eyes that see everything, eyes that scrutinize hearts and minds, farther than where you can think.

I HAVE COME TO EACH GENERATION TO CLARIFY MY WORD, I HAVE NOT COME ALONE, I HAVE COME WITH MY MOTHER WHOM SO MANY SCORN,"....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by colbe

I HAVE COME TO EACH GENERATION TO CLARIFY MY WORD, I HAVE NOT COME ALONE, I HAVE COME WITH MY MOTHER WHOM SO MANY SCORN,

IGNORING THAT SHE IS:

THE INTERCESSOR BEFORE ME, MY FATHER’S FAVORED ONE, THE ONE WHO IS TEMPLE AND TABERNACLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Sorry, Colbe, but I've already posted the Bible verses showing that God and Jesus are the temple in heaven. I don't have a problem with people claiming the Holy Spirit as the mother aspect of Father, Mother, and Son, but if you're referring to Mary, she's just not it. She was indeed human through and through and the Bible makes no reference of her being divine.

Hi Deetermined,

Our Lord wants everyone to love and honor His mother and ask her help, an easy thing to do. I disagree with your comment about God the Holy Spirit.

All 3 divine Persons of the Blessed Trinity present themselves as masculine. The Holy Spirit is not feminine.

Jesus has never said in 2000 years, that His mother is divine. And neither has His Church. She is very, very special but not divine.

love,

colbe

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Catholics can believe and share private revelation. Light of Mary has not been investigated by the Church yet, one reason, her messages are ongoing. Our Lord's latest message to Light of Mary, Jesus states, I AM WHO AM.

Message from Blessed Mother Mary to Luz de Maria

How close to this generation is the Great Warning! And how many of you do not even know what the great Warning is! The Warning is not a fantasy. Humanity must be purified so that it does not fall into the flames of hell. You will see yourselves and in that instant you will ache for not having believed. ...

www.http...://www.revelacionesmarianas.com/DESCARGAS/LUZ%20DE%20MARIA/INGLES.pdf.com/DESCARGAS/LUZ%20DE%20MARIA/INGLES.pdf

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Catholics can believe and share private revelation. Light of Mary has not been investigated by the Church yet, one reason, her messages are ongoing. Our Lord's latest message to Light of Mary, Jesus states, I AM WHO AM.

Message from Blessed Mother Mary to Luz de Maria

How close to this generation is the Great Warning! And how many of you do not even know what the great Warning is! The Warning is not a fantasy. Humanity must be purified so that it does not fall into the flames of hell. You will see yourselves and in that instant you will ache for not having believed. ...

www.http...://www.revelacionesmarianas.com/DESCARGAS/LUZ%20DE%20MARIA/INGLES.pdf.com/DESCARGAS/LUZ%20DE%20MARIA/INGLES.pdf

Posting a shorter link. You'll see Messages 2011 to 2013.

www.revelacionesmarianas.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

BTW .. The bible wasn't even invented until well into the 300's and most Christians didn't have bibles for hundreds of years after that. Oral traditions and oral teachings were all they had.
edit on 9/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I like how FlyersFan said this...

Yes, the Catholic Church decided the Canon and God gave the RCC the authority to interpret Holy Scripture. You won't go wrong if you look to her interpretation. And, not one verse OT or NT conflicts when you do.

The footnotes are a great help for tough verses.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

God is not a person. God is the living being that arises from the body of the Universe, just as we are living beings that arise from the body of God. God's being is encompassed in the embodiment of universal law. God is law, the law of everything, just as everything abides by God's law.

To be honest, I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about until I did my own research.

In simpler terms, I assume that you see God like this? That the fourth aspect of God is Creation?

Now 4 is made up of three and one (3+1=4), and it denotes His creative works. He is known by the things that are seen. Hence the written revelation commences with the words, "In the beginning God CREATED." Creation is therefore the next thing - the fourth thing, and the number four always has reference to all that is created. It is emphatically the number of Creation; of man in his relation to the world as created; while six is the number of man in his opposition to and independence of God. It is the number of things that have a beginning, of things that are made, of material things, and matter itself. It is the number of material completeness. Hence it is the world number, and especially the "city" number.

The fourth day saw the material creation finished (for on the fifth and sixth days it was only the furnishing and peopling of the earth with living creatures). The sun, moon, and stars completed the work, and they were to give light upon the earth which had been created, and to rule over the day and over the night (Genesis 1:14-19).

www.biblestudy.org...

I guess the only reason I don't see it that way is because God/Word/Holy Spirit were not created, even though they were the ones doing all of the creating.

By the way, if you open my link and read what it says about the number "3", you might find it interesting. According to this source, it's the number 3 that represents the divine.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Look in the original Bible (Latin Vulgate), that same verse is John 6:67. Catholics believe in Jesus' presence in the Eucharist.

I don't think the Eucharist had anything to do with why some of the disciples walked away.

The reason they walked away was because...

John 6:65-66

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

They knew there was no point in sticking around if Jesus already knew who believed in him and who didn't. I'm sure they were also offended to find out that this was something that they couldn't do on their own, but had to be given to them by God.

The same way that God gave Peter knowledge of who Jesus was.

Matthew 16:16-17

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Jesus has never said in 2000 years, that His mother is divine. And neither has His Church. She is very, very special but not divine.

I'm glad to hear you say that. I thought maybe that's where you were going with your post, since I know that you mentioned that Mary was the "queen of heaven" in another thread. The "queen of heaven", as written in the Bible, was referring to a false goddess named Ashtoreth (Ishtar).

edit on 7-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join