It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sick of anti american on ats

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeshaman
reply to post by Lysergic

I hate that too when they say if you don't like what America does then get out. Me stay in tepee and smoke peace pipe....me here first....LOL

And I would love to join you.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I get what the OP is getting at. But dude, you're a little off your wagon. Calling Brits "red coats" and meaning it as a derogatory term? It's about as harsh as calling a caucasian a "cracka". It just doesn't work unless you posted that in the 1770s.

Now, as an American/British citizen, living in america for my entire life (but with daily contact across the pond to my mother's family), it does get old when foreigners assume we're all gun-carrying, gay-hatin' violence addicts. Of course, any foreigner who personally knows an american knows this isn't the case. I'm in the military, have no opinion on most war ideas, don't own a gun, fully support gay rights in every possible way, but growin up in rural pennsylvania, i also fully support hunting. You haven't really driven a car until you've driven through pennsylvania during deer season. Literally everyone I know has either hit a deer in their car or had a close encounter, it's essentially inevitable. Reducing their numbers reduces the car accidents.

Anyway, that's off topic. My point is that it does get old having everyone make assumptions about us, when I know that England is also going to # in their own ways, Canada has it's hands full of their own issues, etc.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
The white house is surroundedby a angry ghetto and we the people believe in us, the people.

What exactly do you mean by this? Are you speaking metaphorically or explicitly? What angry ghetto are you talking about? The poor sections of Washington D.C. that surround the White House? If so, that seems a tad racist as well as off base; I haven't heard a lot of criticism of Obama by inner-city D.C. residents. Or do you mean the states surrounding D.C., i.e. Maryland, Delaware and Virginia? Didn't know these states in particular were trash talking Obomber's plans either -- or had ghettos, with the possible exception of Baltimore. Or do you possibly mean the vast majority of Americans throughout the country who are against a US attack on Syria? Are you saying that the vast majority of America is a ghetto? Then you definitely have alienated most of your "fellow" Americans.

As you are complaining about these dang furrinners trash talking 'Murika, do you mean by your phrase, metaphorically, various foreign countries? And if so, what is so 'ghetto' about them? They don't serve 64-ounce Big Gulps nor do they allow you to super-size your order of McRibs? They don't have 24/7 violent and/or inane television programming like here in 'Murika? What exactly do you mean by "ghetto"?

It's also a hoot that you claim that we (Americans) believe in us the people. America is quite a divided place -- both politically and economically. Sure, we can achieve unity in indignation and retribution when someone shows up our hubris to us in a particularly violent fashion, like was done in the 9/11 attacks. But otherwise, not so much. Did you happen to pay attention to the rhetoric across the country during the last election cycle? Half the country was calling the other half of the country a bunch of takers. Lots of other political schisms too, like voting rights and women's health rights. Not a lot of unity there either, Chief. We certainly aren't united in thinking getting in on the killing of people in Syria is going to miraculously stop the killing of people in Syria; only the people that think wars and killing solve all problems think this.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Come on over....we be blood brothers and we smokem heap big peace pipe....might be better than my regular menthol....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I'm sick of those who are overseas claiming that they believe their country are superior than anyone else. Many brits and others believe that americans should be taking arms. I'm not saying everyone thinks this either but being talked down and $#it talk isn't helping the progress on a unified front on stopping the syria war. We the united states have spanked you in the past and low brow cynical rhetoric doesnt help or unify our common issue, the coming syria war. We have spanked you all and no red coat will stop my freedom of speech no matter how moderated it is. We will take arms when we must. The white house is surroundedby a angry ghetto and we the people believe in us, the people.

We are protesting, the last protest i remember overseas ended up smashing up a city block i believe it was over g20. Stop the v for vendetta crap because it was a fictional movie.

I dislike what America has become myself and know the blood of the patriot must be spilled
edit on 5-9-2013 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2013 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

Does it bother you that I, as an American, say that the US sucks and needs to get its sh...... together? Or that we are most definitely not "the best country" in the world? Not even close?

I mean, with how obvious our issues are, how can you even think to be angry at "anti-americanism"? Look around....the house is in ruins.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
we are the worlds only superpower and people can say whatever they want - if we built a bridge to any of their countries and opened our borders they'd be the only one there left

that being said we've stood by while the .gov fck the idea of true democracy into oblivion, just slightly less than most other places

we are still ahead
edit on 9-9-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join