It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China sends ship to Syria.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, we can add the Chinese to the list of countries sending naval vessels to Syria.
Another country with an iron in the fire that could start another World War, if something goes wrong.

They say they are there to observe.

Newsrescue

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Looks like this will be an interesting theater, i wonder who's going next, maybe India can send one also as an "observer"?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Looks like the school bully is in for a beating

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Man...the world wastes so much money just playing real life RISK...

What a waste - too bad the human race can't just learn to coexist without feeling compelled to stick it to someone that's different than them.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

The more the merrier, right?

It makes an 'accidental' launch all the more likely, if nothing else. Think of the movie 'The Bedford Incident' where James MacArthur hears the ships captain say, 'If he fires one, I'll fire one'. Ensign Ralston hears just the 'fire one' part and fires one ASROC missile.

It could end up being something just as stupid as that.

Wikipedia: The Bedford Incident

edit on 5-9-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am seeing a few articles popping up with regards to this. Anyone have a means to confirm this?

The more the merrier indeed. All we need is 3 of the world's super power present for an international incident to occur.

I can understand China's interest, but I find this action suspicious in light of how quiet they have been with regards to the Syria issue.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Even though the UK Parliament have voted not to be involved , Prime Minister David Cameron has ordered that a British warship should be sent to patrol just off the Syrian coast.
The warship in question has had many sea battle honours to it's name:-

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

and here is some info on that ship www.spacewar.com... "to observe" my read end.

link   
Gee, I think Kim over in North Korea should be making an appearance any time now. He's about the only player in this global game who hasn't thrown an opinion into the pot since the most recent developments. Maybe some DPRK troops to add to the mix-master?

It's getting to be a regular United Nations out there, in the worst ways.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Everyone is moving there Chess pieces in place. No matter which side you support, this is not good for anyone, and could spark terrible ramifications if not thought out first from either side. Wonder if everyone says the hell with Assad, and split up Syria into 3-4 sections, the Americans, Russians, Chinese, Eurpeans. Win Win, except for the rightful owners of that land.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

funny you should bring up Un and the DPRK english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

Pentagon suspects NK-Syria ties on chemical weapons

2013/09/06 04:32

Tweet
Facebook Share
Google +1

Reduce
Enlarge
Print

By Lee Chi-dong

WASHINGTON, Sept. 5 (Yonhap) -- The Pentagon believes North Korea and Syria may have cooperated on the chemical weapons front as well as the nuclear one, an official said Thursday.

"I think there's been sharing between North Korea and Syria on any number of fronts," George Little, press secretary for the Defense Department, said at a news briefing. "There has been a relationship and an exchange of information between North Koreans and the Syrian regime for some time."

He cited the Al Kibar nuclear facility in Syria, allegedly built with North Korea's help and destroyed by an Israeli strike in 2007.
now that Un is making his way in to the Syria mess bet you he will make a move now.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

and here is some info on that ship www.spacewar.com... "to observe" my read end.

Yes, I was on the USS Plymouth Rock ('___'-29), it carried 250 Marines and was 520 feet long.
The numbers that I saw for this Chinese '___' was one thousand soldiers and is 689 feet long. Wow.

Apparently the automatic sensors will not let me post the letters that stand for Landing Ship Dock... as it is seen as a reference to an illegal drug!

edit on 5-9-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just when I thought it could not get much worse...

I really really do hope Obama backs down, and the only way that MIGHT happen if congress votes no.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Next up India. Then all is complete.

On a serious note, don't expect to much, by next week they will all be sailing back homewards.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Next up India. Then all is complete.

On a serious note, don't expect to much, by next week they will all be sailing back homewards.

Let's hope that you are correct!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I agree...is does seem suspicious

Almost like someone is about to get jumped - it's like the extra guys that come around the corner ahead of you while you're trying to make your exit

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by MDDoxs

I agree...is does seem suspicious

Almost like someone is about to get jumped - it's like the extra guys that come around the corner ahead of you while you're trying to make your exit

Do you think the Chinese and Russians are planning something?

Or are the Chinese there to throw some kicks in after someone is on the ground in the fetal position?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Word of advise, if no strike occurs within 24 hours, then chances are... zero. Remember the NK tensions? High alert on, High alert off, high alert on, high alert off.

Russia send ships to, as did the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Honestly - I hope it's all just show...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

My guess is that after the smokes clear after the bombing, the russians and chinese will put boots on the ground first to prevent the US from taking hold of Syria. I think Putin knows he can't forever protect Assad's regime so i bet he wants his own puppet to be installed than a US lackey.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join