It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The United States Going To Go To War With Syria Over A Natural Gas Pipeline?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My friend & I actually discussed this last night, so I was surprised at the synchronicity involved in the timing.
(I admit I used to listen to AJ a few years ago, but haven't since)

Source

Why has the little nation of Qatar spent 3 billion dollars to support the rebels in Syria? Could it be because Qatar is the largest exporter of liquid natural gas in the world and Assad won’t let them build a natural gas pipeline through Syria? Of course. Qatar wants to install a puppet regime in Syria that will allow them to build a pipeline which will enable them to sell lots and lots of natural gas to Europe. Why is Saudi Arabia spending huge amounts of money to help the rebels and why has Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan been “jetting from covert command centers near the Syrian front lines to the Élysée Palace in Paris and the Kremlin in Moscow, seeking to undermine the Assad regime”? Well, it turns out that Saudi Arabia intends to install their own puppet government in Syria which will allow the Saudis to control the flow of energy through the region. On the other side, Russia very much prefers the Assad regime for a whole bunch of reasons. One of those reasons is that Assad is helping to block the flow of natural gas out of the Persian Gulf into Europe, thus ensuring higher profits for Gazprom. Now the United States is getting directly involved in the conflict. If the U.S. is successful in getting rid of the Assad regime, it will be good for either the Saudis or Qatar (and possibly for both), and it will be really bad for Russia. This is a strategic geopolitical conflict about natural resources, religion and money, and it really has nothing to do with chemical weapons at all.

You can read the rest at the source.

What I find interesting, is that for all practical purposes, maybe Europe is Russia's "petrodollar" and the only reason they have been staying afloat during this economic crisis.

Also, while I was looking into this, I came across those Britcam defense e-mails, that ppl say they were faked, yet of they are, how did those ppl know a CW attack would happen in the first place?

And let's not forget the Saudi's role in all of this either.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Get Assad out, put in someone else, have them sign the deal, pull out and let it go to hell. Then, charge the new regime and Qatar money to guard the pipeline and also get a deal on the gas so they can overcharge us in america with futures gains and trading.

Does this sound about right?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes...there are multiple agendas involved in this regional conflict.

This article portrays the highest agenda of them all.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Is that you Rummy?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

From what I have read online, and here on ATS, it surely seems like that is a major reason for the current state of affairs. It's Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the US, vs. Syria, Iran, and Russia. All over this pipeline. Israel is just sitting back, laughing, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I am just being honest....
..or maybe they found the icing for the yellow cake in Syria that left Iraq?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Natural Gas? Yes. Right path.

Qatar? No. Wrong branch of the path.

Qatar also is not the largest for natural gas in either reserves or production. They are near the top, but that's a very very critical distinction when the ones above them are the opposition in this very war. It's all linked and tied together...and in an odd sort of way? I suppose Qatar really isn't the wrong branch, per say....just, perhaps, not the main trail to focus on. They'd be a side benefit in the end which poured a bucket of salt into an open wound for a couple different nations after all the dust settled.

This is another item out of a set I've made for another project, but it sure fits here. At this rate, I'll have given away everything I've built for the last couple weeks on this thing, in threads. lol

I had originally dropped Qatar from the list entirely for their lack of strategic participation or real impact on the outcome of things, where the lead stuff meets the red stuff. The pure business end of the politics isn't what I was making this for. It shows ...pretty starkly...what the actual issue is here though, and in a way that came to be more profound than I'd anticipated.

Qatar Stats:

NG Reserves: 25.2 Trillion Cubic Meters
NG Production: 116.7 Billion Cubic Meters
NG Consumption: 21.8 Billion Cubic Meters

So they are definitely economic players, but second to the 800lb gorilla sitting across the Gulf from them, with not just their own stuff to get to the Med market but a whole Sea of customers who would also love to piggyback the lines with a pipe of their own, once the Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline is constructed. That one inked final and formal agreements to start building, last year. Shortly before this all turned red hot over there and Assad just HAD to go.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
ALWAYS follow the money...or the pipeline, for that matter.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
My friend & I actually discussed this last night, so I was surprised at the synchronicity involved in the timing.

Source

Why has the little nation of Qatar spent 3 billion dollars to support the rebels in Syria? Could it be because Qatar is the largest exporter of liquid natural gas in the world and Assad won’t let them build a natural gas pipeline through Syria? Of course. Qatar wants to install a puppet regime in Syria that will allow them to build a pipeline which will enable them to sell lots and lots of natural gas to Europe. Why is Saudi Arabia spending huge amounts of money to help the rebels and why has Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan been “jetting from covert command centers near the Syrian front lines to the Élysée Palace in Paris and the Kremlin in Moscow, seeking to undermine the Assad regime”? Well, it turns out that Saudi Arabia intends to install their own puppet government in Syria which will allow the Saudis to control the flow of energy through the region. On the other side, Russia very much prefers the Assad regime for a whole bunch of reasons. One of those reasons is that Assad is helping to block the flow of natural gas out of the Persian Gulf into Europe, thus ensuring higher profits for Gazprom. Now the United States is getting directly involved in the conflict. If the U.S. is successful in getting rid of the Assad regime, it will be good for either the Saudis or Qatar (and possibly for both), and it will be really bad for Russia. This is a strategic geopolitical conflict about natural resources, religion and money, and it really has nothing to do with chemical weapons at all.

You can read the rest at the source.

What I find interesting, is that for all practical purposes, maybe Europe is Russia's "petrodollar" and the only reason they have been staying afloat during this economic crisis.

Also, while I was looking into this, I came across those Britcam defense e-mails, that ppl say they were faked, yet of they are, how did those ppl know a CW attack would happen in the first place?

And let's not forget the Saudi's role in all of this either.

Thoughts?

Please don't source infowars.com. You are better off verifying it from another news site and posting their link. I can understand the appeal towards Alex Jones, We are being screwed and he puts out a lot of information about it. Which is great and all but he is always a liar and makes tons of profit selling you junk he fear mongered to you. By this new faucet water purifier.... Or spend your money on something else that can purify water once the economy has collapsed. He's lied about a lot just to get ratings and when the event doesn't happen he moves on and never looks back the the subject... which leads to me thinking he screens calls after he lies like this, to keep positive PR. So please do a bit of research on Alex and come to your on conclusions. You need to second guess this guy.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Antipathy17 because: *Buy*

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Is The United States Going To Go To War With Syria Over A Natural Gas Pipeline?

The real reason behind wars is ALWAYS concealed by lies.

They are carefully planned, instigated, staged, engineered and orchestrated into existence to weaken civilization, gain profits and control, reduce the population, and create a global police state.

There is nothing new in a government lying to their people to start a war. Indeed because most people prefer living in peace to bloody and horrific death in war, any government that desires to initiate a war usually lies to their people to create the illusion that support for the war is the only possible choice they can make. THE LIE OF THE CENTURY

"All war is based on deception." -- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"Wars are all based on lies, could not be fought without lies" — Charles M. Young.

“Most wars are engineered by the Illuminati to weaken civilization and create a global police state" The Illuminati want to own and control everyone. They want to be God. They contrived all the revolutions, the world wars, the Cold War, Korea, Vietnam, the JFK assassination, 9-11, Iraq and Afghanistan and the "war on terror." ~ Henry Makow Ph.D.

“HISTORY IS A LIE! ALL WARS ARE STARTED ON PURPOSE!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There was a pipeline issue with Afganistan and the ones in power. Did they get that one finished?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Talking horse

Bottom Line: Iraq’s agreement to allow Iran to build a pipeline through its territory and on to Syria is in direct competition with Qatar’s similar designs for a Syria pipeline that would connect to Turkey. This pipeline is another proxy in the Syrian conflict theater and Iran’s response to its loss of ground here. It is also a sign of Iran’s growing foothold in Iraq. Qatar will respond in kind.

Analysis: This week the Iraqi Cabinet green lighted Iran’s $10 billion pipeline project, which will supply gas from the South Pars field (which is the largest in the world, and which, as mentioned above, it shares with Qatar) to Syria and beyond to other export markets. There is talk of extending the pipeline to Lebanon.

The first part of the pipeline—some 225 kilometers—through Iraq will reportedly be completed in June 2013. The pipeline will connect the southern Iranian port of Assolouyeh to Iraq and then to Syria—for now. It will have a 110 million cubic meter/day capacity. The plan is to give Iraq 20 million cubic meters/day of Iranian gas for its power plants, with 20-25 million cubic meters/day going to Syria.

In a direct slap in the face to Qatar’s plans, Iraqi authorities also said the pipeline could eventually be extended to Europe. This is where it gets quite interesting: the current sanctions regime of course would not allow this Iranian gas into the European market, but it certainly will be…

This is a February article, so any updates are dependent upon how the proxy war turns-out...?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

I think we are just doing this to tick Russia off, because of the whole Snowden thing, and to try and destabilize Iran by eliminating an ally before we go in there next. Just a theory.

Hit two bird with one stone, essentially.

-SAP-
edit on 5-9-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

No offense, but....

What part of this didn't you get the first time?

I didn't get into the why b/c it's not relevant. I've even gone so far as to state here that I believe AJ to be a form of "control". (Like a pressure valve)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Some missle strikes to not equal going to war.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

IF you don't receive a return to sender..
2nd
edit on 5-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I think we are just doing this to tick Russia off, because of the whole Snowden thing, and to try and destabilize Iran by eliminating an ally before we go in there next. Just a theory.

Hit two bird with one stone, essentially.

-SAP-
edit on 5-9-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

But those suppossed fake e-mails from Britcom on 12/25/2012 were way before snowden's leak of May of this year.

I stated before in another thread how Rush Limbaugh presented on his radio show how MAYBE Assad was being set up. And then you have all this info on Drudge, and Obama & Kerry act like they don't know what's being reported on the news?

Then it hits me, a member here mentioned on one of these threads the "Night of the Long Knives" (Night & Fog, whatever) where Hitler got rid of these political dissidents & thought "Wow, maybe that's why all this news is coming out & TPTB act like they don't care.

I mean, they truly act like they WANT TSHTF scenario don't they? Why?

To track all the discontent & dissent so they can, what, get rid of us?

So many talking pundits going against the establishment, in more ways than just Syria & war...

Maybe I'm just being paranoid...

But it is odd how ppl "all of a sudden" in more ways than one, are starting to "wake up"

/puts on tinfoil hat & whistles

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I won't disagree with that.

My conspiracy mind was at work when I wrote that post. In this day and age anything is possible in regard to wars and what their true motives are.

Also, nice avatar.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Also consider:

US wanted to attack Iran for a supposed nuclear weapon program, but could not get support. So now they want to attack Syria to provoke Iran into responding, giving the US an excuse to attack.

Israel is sitting on a newly discovered gas field. Also Israel loves having the US attack it's enemies. Israel also loves to have it's enemies fighting among themselves.

Wars give a short term boost to the economy.

Also wars distract attention from problems at home for the Administration.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Magister because: addition

top topics

<<   2 >>

join