It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trolls are real.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You guys seem to be under the impression that trolling is some kind of life choice

Your granny posting stupid crap on your facebook page = trolling

I`m seriously concerned about the current mental state of mankind . It`s like you`re all just constantly looking for enemies , to the point where you blindly tear up your own rights just to get at them .

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by yourmaker

The real world trolls you are describing are known by another name: sociopaths.

Same goes for the online ones. Doesn't matter which platform they choose, "real" or online, they're all the same. The mimicry, the lack of emotional depth, the passive-aggressive provocations - all marks of the psycho/sociopath.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
You guys seem to be under the impression that trolling is some kind of life choice

Your granny posting stupid crap on your facebook page = trolling

I`m seriously concerned about the current mental state of mankind . It`s like you`re all just constantly looking for enemies , to the point where you blindly tear up your own rights just to get at them .

No... My "granny" does not troll anything. No, people do not just go around trolling people because they have nothing better to do unless there is something wrong with them. The fact that you write off trolling as some kind of casual behavior is disturbing. I do not believe that people of sound mind do stuff like that. Very immature people may get kicks off it for a while... or people desperate for interaction with others because no one in real life seems to want to know them (like people who are desperate for sex and can't get any action) and thats mild forms of trolling but still points out that they have issues they need to address.

HOWEVER... the internet is a new frontier of propaganda and mental warfare. There are even groups that go around trying to get a target to commit suicide. If some type of agency or organization were to gain up on people and make them feel threatened and cyber stalked... isolated and no one could really do anything about it because it was too hard to trace or they just chalked it up as coincidental...then yes, this could really get to people...making daily functioning much more difficult, especially if they are also being watched... because then that group will be able to troll them quite effectively knowing more about their life.

They can also use trolling to perpetuate false ideas. This is obvious but they can do it in some pretty insidious ways. They can really effect impressionable people this way... especially young people. This happens on our beloved social networks and in gaming forum pretty darn regularly. The more impressionable they are, the more of a worthwhile target they are and they can troll them into stupid notions on a personal level... by emulation of stereotypes.

Here's one... A gamer I used to know agreed with another individual who plays online games that Russian gamers are all assholes. Is that possible or is it likely that someone is getting trolled? I'm not saying no Russian gamer is an asshole, but all of them? maybe someone else can comment of this phenomenon because I'm not a gamer. Is this stereotype the norm? It seems like someone has put some effort behind this and I think that some Americans tend to get on their mic and fake foreign accents on a regular basis. i don't pretend to know why but I'd say it's kind of strange.

edit on 6-9-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

And sociopaths get shot.....numerous times. Mostly when they invade ones "personal space" IE. Home , car, in the event of shtf scenario personal space is expanded to what YOU feel is safe for YOU. Front & back yard, across the street basicly as far as one can aim accurately Mine is about 650 to 700 yards I feel as safe as a kid in a crib.
edit on 8-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You know...I edited that last post of mine for typos again right after posting and just reread it rather quickly to find yet another typo that really stands out because it's a totally different word, not a misplaced letter. Weird. GANG up.... Not GAIN up. I don't know sometimes...
... but i DO know it's GANG up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join