It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These senators want to attack Syria 4 of them can be recalled.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well the above are the senate members that voted to Attack Syria, doing some reasearch and I find that states with Recall rules are only the following.

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado,
Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey,
North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, and Wisconsin all have recall of some
kind available to their voters.

All other states do not have Recalling senators as an options, but for those that can well 4 of these guys are in states who can organize a recall.

Boxer, CA

Ca Constitution

SECTION 1. All political power is inherent in the people.
Government is instituted for their protection, security, and benefit,
and they have the right to alter or reform it when the public good
may require.

Arizona

Senators Flake and Mccain

www.azleg.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Arizona Constitution

1. Officers subject to recall; petitioners
Section 1. Every public officer in the state of Arizona, holding an elective office, either
by election or appointment, is subject to recall from such office by the qualified electors
of the electoral district from which candidates are elected to such office. Such electoral
district may include the whole state. Such number of said electors as shall equal twentyfive per centum of the number of votes cast at the last preceding general election for all
of the candidates for the office held by such officer, may by petition, which shall be
known as a recall petition, demand his recall.

New Jersey

Constitution New Jersey

Menendez

IF you are upset about the prospect of War with Syria, Do something about it besides complain on a forum...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

IF you are upset about the prospect of War with Syria, Do something about it besides complain on a forum...

Complaining on a forum is doing a part, especially if you do not live in the U.S, but are greatly impacted by the decisions made by the nation.

To create awareness and spread differing perspectives can be half the battle. **Salute**

I have tried speaking to my local MP's (members of parliament) on federal issues, if your not brushed off by their secretary you typically get some generic response.

I like the concept though of a recall option

Greater and more timely accountability would most definitely make politicians rethink their unwillingness to truly represent their constituents.

edit on 5-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Here is a helpful CNN link on which way the House and the Senate are leaning right now.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 5-9-2013 by caladonea because: correct spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here are some of the twitter handles of those who support war.

@SenatorMenendez
@SenatorCardin
@JeanneShaheen
@ChrisCoons
@SenatorDurbin
@timkaine
@SenBobCorker
@JeffFlake
@JohnMcCain

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by benrl

Here is a helpful CNN link on how the House and the Senate are leaning right now.

www.cnn.com...

Every american right now should know who their reps are, and how they are leaning on this issue.

I have received additional correspondence from one my own reps after first receiving a form letter, I got a 2nd stating he was going to take a more cautious stance.

political action can work

Oregon Sens. Jeff Merkley and Ron Wyden say they haven't decided if U.S. should strike Syria

it just takes us riding or reps until they listen.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Well, we know McCain is a scum bag, no need to search him.

Well lookee here, emails show FBI investigating Sen. Bob Menendez for sleeping with underage Dominican prostitutes.

And whats this, Bob Menendez Intern Arrested: Undocumented Immigrant, Registered Sex Offender Faces Deportation.

In other words, this guy is total scum and can easily be blackmailed by TPTB should they choose to remove him from office or worse yet, send him to prison.

Wonder what we would find on the others...

edit on 5-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by benrl

Well, we know McCain is a scum bag, no need to search him.

Well lookee here, emails show FBI investigating Sen. Bob Menendez for sleeping with underage Dominican prostitutes.

And whats this, Bob Menendez Intern Arrested: Undocumented Immigrant, Registered Sex Offender Faces Deportation.

In other words, this guy is total scum and can easily be blackmailed by TPTB should they choose to remove him from office or worse yet, send him to prison.

Wonder what we would find on the others...

edit on 5-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Than someone from his district best get out there and start the recall process, or join any campaign that plans to run against him.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The problem is with some, they won't listen.

Of course the douche Mike Rogers is Yes'ing it. I'm pretty sure he runs around with earplugs in his ears, when it comes to the people of MI.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsmediapro
@ChrisCoons

He's ours. UGH. I watched him on TV saying how he was for going into Syria. He's a Delaware Democrat pretty much living in VP Bidens back yard. We have no hope of getting him to change his mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

@ChrisCoons

He's ours. UGH. I watched him on TV saying how he was for going into Syria. He's a Delaware Democrat pretty much living in VP Bidens back yard. We have no hope of getting him to change his mind.

Show up on his front lawn with as many Concerned citizens as you can.

That might work.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think McCain's perspective on war and conflict have been so well engrained that he may be immovable on the issue. I presume a lot of his perspective is based on his service during the Vietnamese War and his time as a POW.

I think McCain's history and family history would not allow him to be any other way.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

@ChrisCoons

If you can't change their minds now, change their adresses with your next vote.

Sooner or later they will all come up for re-election.

Just make yourselves a BIG note and vote them all out.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dig around This Site and see how much money these guys get given from the Israel Lobby to do their bidding.

People like McCain have had millions of $$$$$

Do you think that is going to help them decide how to vote ?

top topics

join