It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Slowdown, Stop, direction change twice so a 360, WTF?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I see you are from Toronto, would this have happened to be out over the lake? I live near Lake Erie and have seen these strange objects (more than one at a time zipping every direction across the southwest sky) as well but i don't have a camera to capture them with, what did you use?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
I see you are from Toronto, would this have happened to be out over the lake? I live near Lake Erie and have seen these strange objects (more than one at a time zipping every direction across the southwest sky) as well but i don't have a camera to capture them with, what did you use?

Hey, I am actually just west of the city in suburbs of Toronto (Etobicoke) the angle was around 60deg
and aimed West. I am using a very old P8079HP Gen 1 cascade night vision tube with 3 ganged tubes
giving a gain of around 70k.
You can use a P8079 unit (think Varo) that is adjustable to 100k gain and use a camera lens
(lowest f better) and camcorder on other end (best HD). Do a search on cascade tubes or the models
I listed and you can find many links on how to do your own setup at a very low cost. The gain is equivalent to a Gen3 unit, resolution is about half per/mm and cost is around 1/10th the price.

For a bit more money you can go with a Mullard 1306 tube, great gain and picture for a Gen2+ tube
or for a MX9644UV used in AVAN PVS-4 units and make you own housing.
edit on 7-9-2013 by racebyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Same dust here : www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 08/29/2013 by HiddenSecrets because: Correct link

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I didn't think satellites 'go out' that far it seems like a very wasteful orbit, you would expect them to maintain a relatively circular orbit across the planet and not go out that far?!! Seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by racebyu

I initially thought it was a satellite but after watching it a few more times the direction change at the end is quite odd

S+F from me

As I mentioned in my post above, maybe the change in direction at the end is due to the fact that satellites are on an arced trajectory, and if that trajectory is inclined relative to an observer, then it may only appear to change direction, relative to that observer.

I said in my post above that I would try to draw a picture of what I mean, but my art skills are lacking (
), so I borrowed an image from the internet and modified it to hopefully get my point across somewhat. In this image (which was cropped from the original) look at the arc trajectory of the satellite orbit, and look to see how the direction of that orbit changes from the point of view of an observer to which that arc trajectory is inclined:

edit on 9/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join