It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin will give Syria a Missile Shield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The one man in the world I would not want to be is Obama. He has backed himself not only up the creek without his paddle but he's gone aground as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
reply to post by Wookiep

Indeed. I feel the same way. *IF* we had all this evidence, as they claim, we could have another world famous moment on the UN floor like the Cuban Missile Crisis unveiling of the overhead photos, following Russian statements to the world that such a thing didn't exist. Well.. they got their bluff called and enough egg on their face to feed a regiment breakfast.

You'd think Obama would love such a foreign policy coup, as they surely would be. Oh, they can claim secrecy issues for why...but then that holds no water when they were spewing highly classified information to film makers for a movie recently and the whole planet knows about our intercept abilities...which supposedly lay at the heart of this "evidence".

He knows the world wouldn't accept what he "has". It's all I can figure here.

Or that in the next day or so . . . probably to coincide with great prime time television audiences in the US . . . 'something' is gonna happen chemical-wise to the nervous systems of the poor folks in Syria and President Obama will then through all those tuned in televisions, stick out his tongue and say . . .

Toldja so!!!!!! . . . and then claim justification to bomb the snot outta Syria. Shortly thereafter, we'll be CNN'd to the hilt complete with star spangled banner sensationalistic headlines proclaiming the greatness of the US for saving the world from Bashar Assad, while the military splinter group rebel fighter cockroach gang starts a fresh power struggle that'll make Assad look like Peter Frickin' Pan.

That, sady, is where I think this is going.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Catacomb

If this does turn into WW3, I propose that we round up every one that voted for Obama in 08 and 12 and put them on the front lines first, they would make perfect cannon fodder.

What if they found that nobody actually voted for him? What then? Just make up names?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Yeah, I'm real nervous about that, too. 'That' being another attack like the recent chem hit. Since that one didn't have the desired result and didn't scare people enough to even get England on board (without them, the world Coalition is the punch line to a joke, really).

One graphic I saw last night showing impact of that recent chem strike had points of death and visual impact in over a half dozen widely spaced sectors of the area. That was a report still carrying a confidence level, days after the attack! They don't know crap for sure...unless they asked those people we're supporting, just what they did with their Sarin weapons.

This would be the time for another 'made for politics' attack for the little push that gets it across home plate. That's all the emotion I think the leaders have for the reality of what they are doing here.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

If this does turn into WW3, I propose that we round up every one that voted for Obama in 08 and 12 and put them on the front lines first, they would make perfect cannon fodder.

Presidential elections are fixed. Do you REALLY think W and Obama truthfully won reelection?

link   

I really think you should wake up. We all know that at the top of the pyramid there is no left or right, there are no republicans or democrats. And I am pretty sure Obama didn't come with all the lies and warmongering all by himself ..

link   
I thing we need to take a step back and look at all the theatrics with a conspiracies eye. We see all this macho flexing of muscles. This is just getting way out of control. I believe Obama will back down, but, what this does is give permission to use Chemical weapons. It will allow for the argument if they did it then so can we.

In the near future, according to all the recent threads we are heading for mass civil unrest, collapse of the dollar, etc.. What better way to contain mass unrest other then chemical weapons? Do I see an agenda here or am I just reading too much into it.

We are in league with Putin, they put on this grand show for the world to see, U.S. backs out. Chemical weapons are now the norm. Obama did say he would have more flexibility after the election. This psychopath has done some crazy stuff this term.

Ah, what am I talking about. Anyway thanks for reading

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Seriously if Obama is wise he could walk away from this looking okay.

If congress votes against this next week and it's obvious most Americans don't want to launch an attack he could back down and save face.

Not saying he will I'm just saying it's possible.

If we do launch an attack I'm afraid we'll be starting WW3......

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

I think before it is all said and done, we will look back on this like the Cuban Missle Crisis.

That would be the best possible outcome.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
The one man in the world I would not want to be is Obama. He has backed himself not only up the creek without his paddle but he's gone aground as well.

You are right, there is no way for Obama to save face now. He talked all this crap, thinking he would have the support of the other Western Nations, it was like a punch to the gut when they bailed on him.
This threat from Putin humiliated him even further, which is one of the worst things you can do to a narcissist.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This just means there's another target to program into those Tomahwaks....Putin ain't being cute.

There's a reason why Tomahawk missiles fly low to the ground and that's to avoid radar. If not then I hope they send a couple of B-2s over to take those Surface to Air missile launchers out.

Remember what happened a few days ago with Israel and the U.S testing those missiles in the Med?

It was reported that Syria did not manage to pick these tests up with their surveillance. It was Russia who drew attention to that.

I think that is what the test was all about.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is an expanded article on this topic, it goes into a little bit more detail on the options that the Russians could resort to.

Putin escalated concerns about the fallout from any strike when he indicated in an interview published Wednesday that his country could send Syria and its neighbors in the region the components of a missile shield if the U.S. attacks. U.S. Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testified this week that the Russians might even replace any military assets the U.S. destroys in a strike. The warnings raise the possibility of a supposedly "limited" strike on Syria turning into a proxy tit-for-tat between Russia and the U.S. Rep. George Holding, R-N.C., went further during a hearing on Syria on Wednesday, pressing military officials on what the U.S. would do "if Russia decided to strike at us in that theater." "We can certainly say that Russia would have options to strike us in that theater in retaliation for us striking their ally," he warned. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join