Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Orb/Object Flyover, Tree Tops Shimmer?

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by racebyu
 


did you see the trees light up with your naked eye.




posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by racebyu
 





but the lighting on the trees top looks like its coming from from above, not below. The tree is approx 30+ feet tall so a car would illuminate from the bottom up I would think.


Depending whats around the area,

the lights could of been from a car in the distance,

When driving a car with headlights on lets say on a highway with signs above the road the cars headlights illuminate the signs enough so the driver can see them.

If you were on the right angle to observe the sign being lit up but couldn't see where the light was coming from especially if it was obscured by something, it would most likely look as though the light is illuminating the sign from above as its reflecting light is hitting your eyes which is at a lower height so one might judge the light coming from above simply because its reflecting from back to eyes to see from above.

In the video its hard to tell as it looks like a focus issue when the trees come into view and a light source behind or to the side of threes at a distance from the ground could give this impression of like its coming from above even though I don't see as that way but you and others seem to, anyway this is simply my opinion from not knowing the local area.
edit on 5-9-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by racebyu
 


Dunno what I am looking at, apart from a bright round dot, supposedly travelling around the sky, pretty much useless piece of video, it doesn't enforce believing in or not believing in UFO's.. there isnt much to go on whatever way I watch it... but thanks for sharing



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by racebyu
 


did you see the trees light up with your naked eye.


Yes, I can see the object clearly in the sky and did see the trees shimmer as I do not look though a eye piece or the camcorder screen I have the video out of the camcorder feed to a 27" LCD tv.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
reply to post by racebyu
 





but the lighting on the trees top looks like its coming from from above, not below. The tree is approx 30+ feet tall so a car would illuminate from the bottom up I would think.


Depending whats around the area,

the lights could of been from a car in the distance,

When driving a car with headlights on lets say on a highway with signs above the road the cars headlights illuminate the signs enough so the driver can see them.

If you were on the right angle to observe the sign being lit up but couldn't see where the light was coming from especially if it was obscured by something, it would most likely look as though the light is illuminating the sign from above as its reflecting light is hitting your eyes which is at a lower height so one might judge the light coming from above simply because its reflecting from back to eyes to see from above.

In the video its hard to tell as it looks like a focus issue when the trees come into view and a light source behind or to the side of threes at a distance from the ground could give this impression of like its coming from above even though I don't see as that way but you and others seem to, anyway this is simply my opinion from not knowing the local area.
edit on 5-9-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)


Ok, makes sense, guess anything is possible just looking for some input as I could not figure out what it is?



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by racebyu
 


Just a thought: Are you signed up with Spot the Space Station? They will send you a email alert every time the space station goes over your area. Spot The Space Station Sign Up



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by racebyu
 





Ok, makes sense, guess anything is possible just looking for some input as I could not figure out what it is?


Like I said just my opinions,

If it gives you any ideas for future sightings


With ufo hunting especially if you are observing a piece a sky quite often and even recording it would be wise to be able to hunt down any and every possibility of what could effect your viewing of the sky from your location,

be it local traffic, light pollution, atmospheric influences which would mean checking the local weather and seeing humidity levels and other factors which could distort how light is observed when shinning through the atmosphere.

Keep up the viewing and recording,

Keep an open view of possibilities of terrestrial explanations before diving into the ET explanation or conclusion.





posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth
reply to post by racebyu
 


Just a thought: Are you signed up with Spot the Space Station? They will send you a email alert every time the space station goes over your area. Spot The Space Station Sign Up


Great, thank for the info, will check it out and sign up.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale
 


Thanks for the input!



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by racebyu
 


well that is strange, but in my opinion it really does look like the ISS.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
reply to post by gortex
 


Can the ISS light up trees like that?

The "shimmer" could have had something to do with the "halo effect" and pixelization that was occurring all around the center of that video throughout the entire video -- not just when the trees were visible.

In addition, the trees still had that slight "shimmer" even after the object was out of view.



And does the ISS fly at low altitude like that?

I couldn't tell how high it was. Why do you think it was low?

You can't estimate how high it was based on brightness, because the ISS could be VERY bright -- it's often the brightest object in the night sky other than the Moon (even brighter than venus)

edit on 9/5/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
IMHO the light on the trees , if it is not a hoax , is from a light source closer to the camera.

For starters the object in the sky is on the other side of the trees .

Also , that`s not the ISS.
edit on 5-9-2013 by AthiestJesus because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join