It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia adding 2 large amphibious landing vessels to Med.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

MOSCOW, September 4 (RIA Novosti) – A new group of ships from Russia’s Black Sea Fleet will join the country’s Mediterranean task force within days, a high-ranking Defense Ministry source told RIA Novosti Wednesday.

The new group includes the large amphibious landing ships Novocherkassk and Minsk and the electronic intelligence ship Priazovye.

en.rian.ru...

Appears they have to do the rotation. Maybe those old Russia ships cannot be out at sea as long as the US carriers.

This is very unsettling tho. Too much equipment out there and someone is going to get bumped.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Those are good ships to help evacuate the Russian people from Syria. Isn't there 10's of thousands of Russian living in Syria?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

There were as many as 60,000 Russian nationals working and living in Syria when this all began. They've been leaving in a growing stream for awhile now. I think they still have a good number there. However, Russia hardly needs a navy sent there for that. The largest and most important Russian naval base outside the Russian Federation itself is at....(drum roll), Tartus, Syria. That's not a Syrian Base the Russian's get to use occasionally. That's a RUSSIAN base, as much as Cam Ranh Bay or Subic Bay were American bases for all intents and purposes.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I believe the Russians will re-occupy Tartus . because of the possibility of airstrips being damaged in a US attack, Russia cannot supply Syria otherwise, makes logical sense.
edit on 5-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm still really a bit baffled about the reports that they pulled out and cleared the base in the first place. Weeks before that, I had current pics of a busy base with Russian vessels. Then the media reports Russians decided to pull the plug and just walk out of the most critical base beyond their own shores? Made little sense....and even less sense for them not to move back in.

That is but one of a few things that dangle off the edge of the table for this topic. Small details that don't fit...anywhere...and yet, there they are. Trying to say something, but we're not getting whatever it is.

I hate dealing with Russia. I thought this crap all ended before I turned 20 when the Wall came down and everyone started looking at each other with friendly thoughts...however briefly that lasted.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I think Russia leaving Tartus made room for diplomacy but since that is off the table Russia is looking at all options..
edit on 5-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

join