It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel’s black gold shifts the balance of power,The Middle East’s power map is being redrawn.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
www.yourmiddleeast.com...
September 5, 2013

The Middle East’s power map is being redrawn. New circumstances indicate that Israel is the country with the largest oil wealth per capita.

If WEC’s estimates for Israel stand, the economic balance of power between the Jewish state and surrounding Muslim countries will shift dramatically. According to the US based IDT Corporation, which holds the exploration rights in the Shfela Basin together with the domestic Israeli Energy Initiatives (IEI), there is even more shale oil below Israel’s surface, perhaps twice as much as the reserves of Saudi Arabia.

As if this was not enough, very large gas deposits in the Eastern Mediterranean have been discovered and extraction started by Israel and others.

As a result gas and oil should stabilize,
Imports from the Arab states will drastically fall.

www.jpost.com...

Putin: First Soviet government was mostly Jewish

I get it.
edit on 093030p://bThursday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
July 29, 2013
What Happens When Israel Starts Pumping Oil?

This applies above all to the European Union (EU). According to a recent report, "Valeria Termini, vice president of the Council of European Energy Regulators, has held talks with senior Israeli Energy and Water Ministry officials" on the proposal to link Israel's natural gas fields to the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline.

meanwhile
Israel is being courted by Russia and the EU

"In July 2012 President Vladimir Putin visited Israel, largely to discuss the gas fields. The Russian Gazprom has signed a deal with Israel on the future distribution of the large Israel gas resources, and plans to build a floating facility off Cyprus to convert the product to LNG." The reason given was that the civil war in Syria has frustrated an earlier Gazprom project to pump gas from Iran to the Lebanese coast. In other words, Israel is being courted by both Russia and the EU and can choose what to award to either of those suitors.

Flash back,

"Medvedev, this is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."
Obama

The gods are just playing chess, look away.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormdancer777
As a result gas and oil should stabilize, Imports from the Arab states will drastically fall.

I see a lot of ticked off Muslims. Well .... more ticked off then they naturally are over there.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Does this put Israel on the list of countries to attack for the US now?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by stormdancer777
As a result gas and oil should stabilize, Imports from the Arab states will drastically fall.

I see a lot of ticked off Muslims. Well .... more ticked off then they naturally are over there.

So is this why they are destabilizing the area?

Isn't it quiet in Israel and Palestine?

complete media blackout

The talks are under a complete media blackout, with the Israeli side not saying where or when they will take place, or even confirming their existence.

All information and media exposure, officials have said consistently since the talks began, will only make them more difficult.
www.jpost.com...
On Sunday the State Department issued a laconic statement saying only that Israeli and Palestinian delegations “have been meeting continuously since final status negotiations resumed” at the end of July.

I mean, wouldn't you want to befriend the most oil rich country?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

Well I am not sure your sources are reliable enough to confirm this claim,but even if so ,it just makes Israel an even greater threat to the whole world.and that is definitely nothing to be celebrating about even for Israel herself.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

A lot of the potential resource wealth in terms of crude and natural gas comes from the highly contested Golan Heights area.

This area is still not recognized as Israeli territory, but Israel in conjunction with the U.S. have already filed tenuous approvals to start developing the area more. Its just like the Israeli housing projects.

This territory has not been formally annexed and Israel has made there stance quite clear:

In 2010, Israeli foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman told Syria to abandon its dreams of recovering the Golan Heights, just as it relinquished its dream of conquering Lebanon.[20]

Looks like we may have stumbled upon another reason why Israel and the US want to remove the Assad regime from Syria.
Perhaps the Golen heights wont be as contested under the new Syrian regime, if and when it is installed

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I have heard this type of rumor many times before. I certainly hope it for real this time. It would be nice not to depend on unstable Arab states for oil.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Looks like Russia and the EU find them desirable, the surrounding countries not so much.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yup, that's what I am seeing and it makes me wonder about the Putin Obama alliance.

Putin says he can work with Obama

He said, "We work, we argue about some issues. We are human. Sometimes one of us gets vexed. But I would like to repeat once again that global mutual interests form a good basis for finding a joint solution to our problems."
www.usatoday.com...
That could include Syria, Putin said in the interview with AP and Russia's state Channel 1.

Though Putin warned the United States and the West against one-sided military action against Syria, he said Russia "doesn't exclude" supporting strikes if it can be proved that Bashar Assad's government used chemical weapons against its people

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

The chance of getting enough real Americans in the government to ever attack Israel is nil. Although imo America should have blown Israel off the map after the attack on the Liberty.

Now we see even more reasons why Israel is stealing other peoples land oil and gas. Guess God said that belonged to them also.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

How much oil do they owe us free of charge?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
And McCain is making nice with Syrian rebels, who may or may not be the ones really using the chemical weapons?

Kinda a like gun running in Benghazi?

hmm?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If Russia and America could come to an agreement by fairly sharing Syria between themselves and each take a piece of the action,then they can certainly find "solid"evidence to justify bombing the crap out of Assad's government....It is unfortunately just the matter of oil and money,it has got nothing to do with human rights,justice,freedom or any of that nonsense.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And the timing of this Syrian showdown to coincide with the summit, coincidental?

I think not
Everyone of these leaders know exactly what role to play.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shapur

If Russia and America could come to an agreement by fairly sharing Syria between themselves and each take a piece of the action,then they can certainly find "solid"evidence to justify bombing the crap out of Assad's government....It is unfortunately just the matter of oil and money,it has got nothing to do with human rights,justice,freedom or any of that nonsense.

I agree, so far they suggest a hundred thousand have died in the last two years, now over a few hundred because of Obama's red line they will attack?

fishy

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

They had to have a reason. They would have entered earlier if they could, but had o settle for arming rebels. Now they are just powering through with a lie and avoiding looking the public in the eye.

I personally think this has more to do with Iran than people expect. This is about the time Israel should be wanting to hit Iran for their "less than a year away bomb" mentioned 8 or so months ago. I'm betting on Israel dragging them in and I'm betting that's why Russia has sent so many ships to the med.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Here is an article on Iran

In Iran, a change in tone on Syria
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Oh.. I don't think Iran will defend or join Syria. Iran will never give Israel a reason to strike them, but I think Israel will strike Iran and drag them in in the fog of war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join