It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls to Congress 499 to 1 against Syria war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'd argue the time for writing letters is passed. You need disruptive action. You need criminal proceedings, interruption of all non-essential government work, and serious repercussions for any representative flouting the will of his/her represented.

Anyone in law? What legal recourse is there for representatives found to be in dereliction of their duties? Under the influence of a foreign entity or corporation? I'd like to see criminal cases Immddiately brought against all representatives who don't represent. That could be a start. You can expect those to be ignored initially. What's to be done next?

Criminal charges aren't nearly as decisive as a referendum to recall the
rogue rep. Only trouble, few Americites know the law-- and lots of states
don't even have provisions for recall in their individual constitutions. As for
proof of influence from an organization or other entity not represening the
people directly-- let's not go there for my consideration of T&C.

I've watched for a lifetime their common ignorance to the public will, as soon
as the rep was installed; because most of them don't have any incentive to
even follow the law on the books sometimes.. much less the will of their
constituents regarding pending legislation. I believe dangling a recall sword
wouldn't do much until our votes count again. See voting machines.

I think a seriously important component of the peep's wake up call is
the power of their written and verbal influence. But the drugged giant is
rustling under the covers, CM.
edit on 5-9-2013 by derfreebie because: RECALL POLLS

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If only the same reaction had appeared when Afghanistan and Iraq were attacked.

I hope you guys get the result you want from your congress. It appears our Parliament over here listened this time.

I will say this though - Obama has taken this to congress. He didn't have to at all - and yet you guys are still slating him. You are trying to make the guy out to be some kind of tyrant and yet here he is following a democratic process. That, I'm afraid, is just rubbish, and proves that the only thing that matters to most of you is hating on the man, regardless of what he does.

I'll wager if congress votes no to action, and nothing happens, it will be less than 24 hours before there are posts on ATS from haters decrying him as indecisive and weak for not taking action, and making the US look soft to the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I think that this time, this is more important and bigger than what usually happens.
Somethings just feels really important about this whole situation.

Just look at the number of Americans making their voices heard. Really trying to get their message across that: "No, we do not want to take action in Syria, we disagree with our leader". This seems important to the American people, and by god it is!

I honestly believe that this could be the start of a peoples America. i sincerely believe that this could be the first few steps on a road to an America where the people want to be heard. If their President listens to its people, they will finally see the power they have. They will demand a better country. They will unite.
And if the American people can unite and flip their country 180 degrees and make it the true land of opportunities again. Then they will set one hell of an example for the rest of the world.

This is not only about America. This is about showing the whole world, what a united people can accomplish. I am hoping for the best.

How can I help you America?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yes there will be.. just wait and see.
I assure you. There will be.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You are trying to make the guy out to be some kind of tyrant and yet here he is following a democratic process. That, I'm afraid, is just rubbish, and proves that the only thing that matters to most of you is hating on the man, regardless of what he does.

He still has the ability to order action against Syria with or without congressional or popular approval. I think the fact he deferred this congress is a result of the fall-out from the false claims prior to the Iraq war.

Congress could vote no and he could say "well to bad, were are doing it anyway". I concede the point that he may indeed not follow through with a strike on Syria based on congress's decision, but I have watch the last few days of congressional statements presented by Senator Kerry, who on behalf of Obama has tried to make it seem clear cut the Assad is solely responsible for the chemical attacks and that the U.S. would be subject to a genuine threat if they do not act.

Seems to me that the current administration, as well as many sitting members of congress have already made up their minds about this.

If voted down and Obama adheres to the ruling, I would be the first to breath a sigh of relief and comment that it was handled democratically.

edit on 5-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A false flag will change their opinions.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight

I think that this time, this is more important and bigger than what usually happens.
Somethings just feels really important about this whole situation.

Just look at the number of Americans making their voices heard. Really trying to get their message across that: "No, we do not want to take action in Syria, we disagree with our leader". This seems important to the American people, and by god it is!

I honestly believe that this could be the start of a peoples America. I sincerely believe that this could be the first few steps on a road to an America where the people want to be heard. If their President listens to its people, they will finally see the power they have. They will demand a better country. They will unite.

This is not only about America. This is about showing the whole world, what a united people can accomplish. I am hoping for the best. ...

You are right, this is a turning point. What we are seeing is that the liberals and conservatives are uniting. I think it is scaring the government and I hope they realize that the power ultimately rests with the people in the US.

This must be a very frightening time for government officials who think they can tell the American people what is best for them, to hell with what the people think. The American people are sick and tired of being treated like children or worse like slaves on the government plantation.

If the people win and Obama steps back I will applaud his listening to the american public.

I hope Pelosi and Boehner's constituents will see that they think the people are irrelevant and they can do what they want. I hope everyone who votes yes with Obama gets routed summarily by the people from their jobs. Then the liberals and conseratives can finally unite as "the people".

edit on 5-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

I hope you guys get the result you want from your congress. It appears our Parliament over here listened this time.

I will say this though - Obama has taken this to congress. He didn't have to at all - and yet you guys are still slating him. You are trying to make the guy out to be some kind of tyrant and yet here he is following a democratic process. That, I'm afraid, is just rubbish, and proves that the only thing that matters to most of you is hating on the man, regardless of what he does.

I'll wager if congress votes no to action, and nothing happens, it will be less than 24 hours before there are posts on ATS from haters decrying him as indecisive and weak for not taking action, and making the US look soft to the world.

I'll wager that 24 hours after a vote of "no" passes, Obama will do it anyway.

I'll also further wager that regardless of the vote, Obama has a scapegoat in terms of the results after the attack in Syria.

If it goes well, Obama takes credit.
If it goes poorly, Obama will place blame on congress.

Regardless, Obama comes out of this smelling quite nicely.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

I agree. If the President steps back and listens to the American people, I will respect him for that.
And if he does he will also set a great example to other countries leaders. A simple example that says: "Listen to your united people."

Might I also add, that within the last 24 hours, my hopes for the American people has grown tenfold. I truely believe in you!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

yea a Syrian sympathizer does a Boston on the US, that would get the US behind the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Go ahead. Read this WND article, Mr. President. Of course I wouldn't expect it to mean much.

But you are about to be the most unpopular President EVER if you go ahead with strikes on Syria, based on lies. Not to mention you just might start WW3 in the process. :shk:

Do you think he cares? He's a lame duck and he already got his healthcare passed. He'll just find a way to blame it on Bush anyway, and call anyone who opposes him a racist.

The republicans will run yet another "moderate" against the Democrats in 2016 and it'll be more of the same with Hillary as president. Then again, it would be more of the same with a Republican president too, so we're screwed no matter what.

Sorry, this Syria thing has got me more cynical than usual.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Actually he does have to go to congress for an act of war. The only time he does not is if there is an imminent threat to the USA.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
www.contactingthecongress.org...

Email your senators and congressmen.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Need a U.S adress zip code and state to fill in. Anyone got a random working one?
Already went through most of the ones that didnt require zip code authorization.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight
reply to post by SunnyDee

Need a U.S adress zip code and state to fill in. Anyone got a random working one?
Already went through most of the ones that didnt require zip code authorization. [/quote).

Just pick any walmart, church or another business in any state.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
499 to 1 against.

What I want to know is where this one guy came from. Where can I find him so I can slap some sense into this idiot?

Oh wait, this just in; they found him...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Thanks for the great info(star for you)...................Im on it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

499 to 1 against.

What I want to know is where this one guy came from. Where can I find him so I can slap some sense into this idiot?

Oh wait, this just in; they found him...
that was good.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

SunnyDee

Thanks for that, I just shot off letters to my Senators and Congresswoman. I expect them to be summarily ignored but, at least I tried, right?

edit on 9/5/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Reminds me a bit like the "Banker Bailout" I think 80% of the public was against a bailout, but they government was all gung ho in passing that crime against the tax payers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join