It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls to Congress 499 to 1 against Syria war

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
What are you prepared to do if congress decides to ignore the 75+ against 1? That's going to be the important bit. If they go ahead with war and everyone just rolls over... that shows that they will face no consequences for their actions. The people will go along with anything they say.

Call it a democracy, a constitutional republic... whatever you want. The correct description would be chicken coop. You're just waiting around laying eggs and waiting to be eaten by them. They gotta eat, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
anyone else feel a "terror attack" coming up? one that can be attributed to Syria.
how else better to garner support for attacking then to have the Syrians hit the US, then watch all those people turn to WANTING to attack Syria, in revenge for "their" despicable actions.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Our government has no right to take any action in Syria. You can't punish a person for something you "THINK“, they "MAY", have done.

Even if they have absolute proof, how would killing innocent people punish Assad? There is no logic in this action Even if Assad was quilty of killing his own people; how does killing more of the Syrian people punish Assad?

A military attack makes no sense what so ever. Do they really think we are that stupid?

Something seriously rotten is going on here.

We need to continue calling and writing to our representatives. That is what they are suppose to be; "OUR" voice. If only nine % of the people are for this war, that means 91% are "against" it. The people have"spoken"!

No military action against Syria. The case should be closed.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'd argue the time for writing letters is passed. You need disruptive action. You need criminal proceedings, interruption of all non-essential government work, and serious repercussions for any representative flouting the will of his/her represented.

Anyone in law? What legal recourse is there for representatives found to be in dereliction of their duties? Under the influence of a foreign entity or corporation? I'd like to see criminal cases Immddiately brought against all representatives who don't represent. That could be a start. You can expect those to be ignored initially. What's to be done next?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONEDESTROYA
They wont just bomb Syria they will have to take out Iran know too cause they know they wont be able pull this bulltish again!!
edit on 5-9-2013 by CONEDESTROYA because: (no reason given)

Speaking of complete and utter BS...i wonder now that the provocative launch of two missles from an Israeli warship failed to draw a responce from Syria, when we'll see politicians reporting that Syria or Iran has just fired a missile at one of the ships in the Med?

I mean, come on...two FF chemical weapon 'attacks', sponsoring and equipping al qaeda to fight the Syrian army, and baiting them with the high stress launch of missiles aimed at them hasn't worked as they had hoped...it's only a matter of time before a FF missile aimed at a ship, launched 'from Syria' will be reported..and of course, the US or Israel 'will have to defend itself' against an attack.

Although this time, i'd imagine satellites of all major world powers are watching the entire theatre like hawks...it will have to be convincing if they try this tactic...well, more convincing than their previous efforts to frame Assad have been anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

This is what I did with my MP over here. I write to them occasionally about various things. I usually get infuriated when he replies as he usual lacks common sense but he voted against military action. If I ever meet him, I owe him a high five. regardless of being UK or US I would definitely recommend writing to your representative. If people don't speak up they will never know how you feel.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

WTF are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If Obama acts alone - everyone will know his end game is not the end game of the American people. I just hope we haven't been nuked out of existence by then because of his arrogant stupidity sparking a backlash of truly Biblical proportions.

I am going to repost from my other thread 70% liberals oppose ...
It is not my post but the very best post I received.

It's like Washington went over to Syria with some bombs and the U.N. was like "Hey...watchya up to there?"

Washington: "Ummm...gonna drop some bombs on these guys here."
U.N./U.K.: "Whoa...do you even have a reason?"
Washington: "Yeah they're bad guys."
U.N./U.K.: "Wow, well we'll help you but we want to double check our evidence first..."

Washington: "Screw you, you're just haters! We're doing it anyway!"
Rest of the Planet: "Are the American people okay with this?!"
Washington: "Yeah totally. We're a democracy. "

American People (Listening in): "Wait...what's going on? Syria? You want to....WHAT?! Hell no that's stupid!"
Washington: "Ummm...maybe we should ask them. So American people, what do you think!"
American People: "Horrible idea!!!! STOP NOW!!!!"

Washington: "Screw you! We do what we want!"
American People: "Wait...that's not how it works..."
Washington: "Shut up and do what we say or we'll throw you in prison! DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Land of the Free
'murica

I'm going to go smash my face into a mirror now until bleed to death through my eyes.

If Obama and Kerry act totally and completely alone, he may lose the good will of the liberals who might finally be fed up enough with his antics to finally get over their white guilt support of bad policies and dictatorial behavior and demand this behavior by our government stops!

The American people are not sheeple, no, they have been ostrich,
sticking their heads in the sand when told to and
ignore the violence of war,
the total and nearly complete absence of privacy and constant and pervasive surveillance,
the killing of americans without trial, holding americans without charges or trials.

www.allgov.com...
President Barack Obama on New Year’s Eve signed legislation that cements into law two highly controversial tenets of the war on terror: indefinite detention of terrorism suspects without charge, and the jailing of American citizens without trial.

However, it looks like "the people" have reached the last straw, had the last nerve pinched, and are finally taking their heads out of the sand and noticing that a pen has been built around them.
edit on 5-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

WND ?? I would rather it be from BFIN or from AJ web site, before taking this is fact from WND you do know it is along the lines of SF this SF Sorcha Faal the one that we all know is full of BS.

edit on 5-9-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I have called both my Senators, my Representative, The White House, signed 5 petitions that will be presented to Congress when they return from summer recess and I'm attending a No War In Syria Protest on Saturday here in Cincinnati.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yup. I mean even if you take the lowest numbers, he is still facing well over 75 to 1 No's vs. Yes's. I mean that's overwhelming no's in the truest sense of the word.

Those numbers don't show the real picture, because the folks that want a conflict feel pretty confident with the process and don’t feel the need to call in and try to stop it. Then you also have the people who aren't paying attention or don't give a rats arse. I think realistically, it's more like 70/30 against... still enough to not go through with intervention in my opinion.

Some 56 percent of those surveyed said the United States should not intervene in Syria, while only 19 percent supported action, the online poll found. Some 25 percent said they did not know what course of action the United States should take.

Source

edit on 5-9-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This is amazing! I had hoped to see the day that Americans started raising their voices and you did it.
Great job and most importantly thank you from Denmark. This means a whole lot to me and many others.

Thank you so much for showing that you will not allow one man to make such decisions for a whole nation. It means a whole lot more than you will ever know.

If your president listens to you, this could be the beginning of something truely great. I really hope he does listen.

Thank you America! Thank you thank you thank you!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I want everyone to remember this started way before Obama! It more then likely started after Kennedy was killed.

The Bush family has had some pretty scary friends. Gramps Bush helped Hilter... Bush Sr praised a new world order... All this crap started speedballing w/ Bush Jr. General Clarke seen the memo on 5-7 Middle East countries they were going after.

Remember... The day Obama was signed in... He walked practically hand in hand w/ Bush. Smiling and loving each other the whole way. That showed me he wasn't against anything Bush had done!!! i knew that day we were lied to. he proved it w/ the 2nd bail-out we overwhelming said NO too.

So when people say... Who is Obama taking orders from... Ask yourself... Who are all these freaks taking orders from. Bilderburg parties should show you some of the players.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

I second this amazing post. I don't for one second believe that all Americans are sheeple, nearly all Americans are normal people like everyone else. Working to live, pay taxes, buy food etc... It is the corrupt political system that is not just confined to the US that undermines the whole nation and portrays them and us (UK) a ignorant people. Keep making your voices heard U.S!! It will not be in vain, and you will show the world that you are not push-overs or pawns to be used.

Greetings from across the pond!
edit on 5-9-2013 by smugmushroom because: typing too fast, typos.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Im from Denmark so not even a U.S citizen, and I contacted each and every one I could on the washington list.
It may not make much of a difference. But maybe a guy from Denmark taking the time to contact them aswell might do a little bit of good. Worth a shot at least.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight

Im from Denmark so not even a U.S citizen, and I contacted each and every one I could on the washington list.
It may not make much of a difference. But maybe a guy from Denmark taking the time to contact them aswell might do a little bit of good. Worth a shot at least.

Amazing to see the entire western world and the vast majority of Americans united against
Obama wanting to bomb Syria.

He will be judged harshly by the world and his own country if he goes ahead

I'm not even certain now that the US military will cooperate with him.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
If he does decide to attack Syria, this will prove beyond all doubt, that the US Government is receiving instructions from someone other than the American people.

If that isn't treason, then I guess nothing is.

Exactly, thanks for the article with the statistics, O.P., it certainly makes a pretty damn good case.

The funny thing is, because of the congressional vote, we get to gauge public opinion and congressional opinion with real statistics before the war,

we get to know the truth. So if John Kerry pushes for war even when no one else wants it, it is his ass on the line. If the U.N. Security Council reports that Assad didn't use chemical weapons after the strike, it is his ass on the line, not the people, for once.

Watch, if Obama, congress and the populace oppose war and we go to it anyway, who the hell is pushing for it? Look at the generals and the armed forces, they don't think it is a good idea, either.
edit on 5-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

What I hope happens is Obama, congress and the people and the military oppose going to war, but the media are being dicks and not doing their job - so we go to war anyway, hopefully a limited strike, and then the U.N. Security Council decides that Assad did not use chemical weapons.

With the people, the military, congress and Obama out of the picture, then whose fault would it be? The media and John Kerry directly, I think it is a good tactic to oust the rats.

In fact, I could use that information to make a damn good case to my senator about specific people I thought were causing problems for our country. And specifics are more workable than generalizations for placing blame in the right spot.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Of course Congress isn't going to listen. They didn't listen to us when voting to bail out big corps so why would they start now? The entire US government is a joke with a depressing punchline.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I realise quoting myself from another topic seems... selfish. But I want to give this a chance.
Somehow I feel that this is actually very important right now. Not because of Syria. But the pure principle of a government listening to its people.

Again as I posted in the thread I am quoting myself from. How can I help you guys beyond writing to your officials?

Originally posted by needlenight
I would like to ask all of you U.S citizens a giant favor. With the recent topics here on ATS about how so many U.S citizens are calling their officials to say that they are against action in Syria.

And with a topic like this mentioning how some officials simply ignore it. I would really appreciate it, if you would all fight, unite and work together, to bring these two facts as much media attention as you can.

The American people do NOT want action in Syria. The American people are so sure of it, that an undeniable amount of them are actually calling their officials to let them know this. Yet some officials are ignoring it completely.

Do not let this get ignored by the media, do not let them hush these facts down. The rest of your country and the rest of the world, needs to know this. It needs attention. If you dont get the attention it will be ignored and forgotten.

Trust me, this is a huge stepping stone for you guys over in America. You need this to be focused on. You need this to get attention. Or else it will be forgotten and I am afraid that this is one of your last chances, to stop something horrible which will lead to something even worse.

Please Americans, I know you can do this. Not only for your own sakes, but for mine and the rest of the worlds aswell. You have no idea how important this is.

How can I help, beyond writing your officials?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join