It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A War Could Start Any Moment But.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
People are still going about their normal day to day routine....

What does this mean?

People don't care or they feel they just can't do anything but continue their daily lives?

I wonder why everyone just doesn't stop doing what they do because who would blame them?

So, we are going to continue paying Taxes, Bills etc etc.... while a potential WW3 Scenario is on the Horizon?

Just so you know... I am not one of the Sheeple but surely they must wake up soon.

STRIKE for a month until the threat is over.

maybe just pay the Electric Bills and Internet....
edit on 5-9-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
people need to try and go about things as normal,just like during the London blitz bus drivers still droves buses the post man still delivered mail,and people just went about their normal lives,this actually pissed hitler off more lol because he was trying to break the spirits and moral.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

kerry;arabs will finanace war

I find it stunning that this is actually taking place.And for him to publicly say this and there will be no back lash at all.
Why don't the arabs then supply the soldiers and equipment.I cannot belive this isn't in some way considered treason.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I know what your sayn most people have no idea whats going on in the world.

exactly where they want you.
sit down,shut up and don't ask questions

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Most people do,but one cannot help but keep it in the back of their mind,in no way should one just blow it off.Especially when you have loved ones you care about.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
people need to try and go about things as normal,just like during the London blitz bus drivers still droves buses the post man still delivered mail,and people just went about their normal lives,this actually pissed hitler off more lol because he was trying to break the spirits and moral.

I think it would be best if the whole World went on strike until the Threat is over... this is our best bet to prevent the War and to show Solidarity between us... all saying the same thing 'we don't want a WW3'

We can prevent it but we all have to stand together.

TPTB are playing with our lives!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I never ever thought I'd use the word ' zombie' in a thread or post. But it's as if they are all zombies, well people I deal with in everyday life. Oblivious to the world around us, the issues at home and abroad.

No body is talking about the possibilities of war, what stance they take on the whole situation. Gees, we even have a federal election in my part of the world and have to vote this Saturday!! No discussion on policies nothing.

Are people just too busy with life, not by choice. But because, to live in this world and survive in 2013 you have to be so busy you become unvoluntarily self centred ?

IMO it's not because people are just switching off because they can't do anything about it. I don't think they are switched on in the first place.

Maybe it's just the people I know
or maybe they do know and know nothing can be done & we are the silly people wasting time & thoughts.

I'll be the first to admit I don't fully understand everything going on over there, but I can take a stab at the fact we will all be effected somehow even if its just financial at best. At worst, anythings possible.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Feelingconnected

That's it. They aren't switched on.

All I'm saying is that by standing in Solidarity together by a World Wide Strike, we could prevent this situation from spinning out of control!

By continuing to support the system, they are supporting the War!

Starred your post.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
People are still going about their normal day to day routine....
What does this mean?

It either means they are ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ or it means that they are holding their emotions in and hiding their actions very well. I don't look like anything different is going on, but I've been out to restock my supplies and my husband and I are talking about the situation at home. So you never know what people are doing ....

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I think people are of the opinion, that there is no beneficial outcome of ceasing to function thier own lives. As the vast anti-war protests in London, before the Iraq war show, civil action does nothing to prevent warmongers from tainting the pages of history with blood. All it actually does is destabilise the lives of those who have compassion, understanding, and righteousness, by taking them away from thier livelihoods while they protest. That, I believe, is why many people who stand against war in thier own small ways, do not take to the streets en masse as much as one would think necessary.

And I for one understand that entirely. It offers others no peace in times of war, for those who advocate on the behalf of the citizens of a beseiged nation to scupper themselves financially by constant protest, because it takes them out of the equation long term. Many regular protestors either have to have the sort of work that pays well for relatively little hours and effort, or have little by way of work to do in the first place, in order to protest without damaging thier livelihoods. Simply put, protesting is expensive, and people need to eat.

It does the victims of war no favours if those who advocate on thier behalf are starving and rendered powerless by thier protests.

This is one of the difficult paradoxes that those who have opinions and awareness on these issues must overcome in order to know where best thier skills and understanding can be applied to problems like the prevention of proxy war.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I understand what you are saying believe me but as I say in my post above your one is:

By continuing to feed the Machine, you/we are continuing to fund the War or Potential War!

I'm sure that if the wheels stopped, suddenly all TPTB will stop too and take a look at why.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

They would. They would also be looking at a bunch of people who got themselves fired from thier jobs, and would be on the verge of losing thier homes, having thier families split up, having thier children taken from them and thier spouses leave them, they would be looking at essentially a bunch of suicide cases waiting to happen, and you know, its not even as if the money we earn today will pay for the wars of tomorrow. Those are already bought and paid for well before we even hear a glimmer of the possibility.

Before this chemical attack in Syria, maybe even slightly before the uprising there began, slush funds, black budgets, emergency funds and the like were opened up, and money began to be spent by the nations involved in potential interventions in the area, on preparing thier response in the military logistics sense. Stopping working now will not have any effect on the actual outcome, what so ever.

The ONLY effect of people taking themselves out of the equation in this way, will be to render those people powerless to even comment later on, because at the end of the day, they will not be able to access thier internet provision, because many are only one pay check away from gutter dwelling, so any destabilisation will cause them more grief than it causes the governments involved. THAT is what I am getting at.

I am trying to say that any such action on the part of the people does them more damage, than can be done to the war effort, if there is to be such a thing. If you think quitting work for a couple of days, a week, a month, en masse, will do anything to harm the governments intentions in this arena, then I believe you are sorely mistaken, and that the only outcome will be sorrow and destitution for those who made the type of stand you are advocating for.
edit on 5-9-2013 by TrueBrit because: Spelling issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You first. Go on strike for a month.

THen post pictures of your kids faces when they get to eat a half packet of ramen for the third supper in a row.

Thats the problem. Yeah, it sucks in Syria. Why make it suck in my house, too? My kids are family, Syrians aren't.

Had my nation of idiots quit voting for the 2 parties already, we wouldn't be here to begin with.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I don't believe so.... we can argue the point all day but if the wheels stop turning, TPTB stop controlling the World because the top of the Pyramid will fall down with no support from the masses!

The only essentials we need are food and water.... all the rest of it we don't need. I believe Farmers will continue to Produce and Shops will stay open for Food deliveries to help the cause.... I even believe people will even help out to deliver! It is of course untried and untested but there is only one way to find out. It would only be until the Threat died out which could be a week or could be a Month. I think we all have enough to get by for one Month or 2.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't have any kids which means you won't get any photos!

AND

I AM ALREADY ON STRIKE!

BTW we can get by on Fruit, don't even need the Farms really.... maybe for those who drink Milk!

Meat isn't essential!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I live in the desert. I guess i could learn to like cactus.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am just trying to find a solution to what could possibly be a bad situation for everyone.

new topics

top topics

join