It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is Conspicuous by its Absence in the Syrian Debunkle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
China broke the silence , now backs Russia

China backs Russia over Syria at G20 summit

(Reuters) - China warned on Thursday that military intervention in Syria would hurt the world economy and push up oil prices, reinforcing Vladimir Putin's attempts to talk U.S. President Barack Obama out of air strikes.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
reply to post by MysterX

I wonder if Obama's delay in action, that he clearly is chomping at the bit to carry out, is due to pressure from China and their impact of withdrawing their loans to the USA?

Cameron has clearly had a shot across his bows also from somewhere.

I would be amazed if frantic back room shennanigans and politicking wan't going on all over the world right now, to be honest.

Cameron has heard what our people in the UK think about this forced situation, and despite an outrageous, but brief effort to totally ignore the house vote that defeated the prospect of British military action in Syria, he looks like his 'part' in this sham is over...at least militarilly.

China and it's fairly recent status as a huge world financial powerhouse, will obviously be a major consideration to many of tptb in Britain, even if the insanity of the possibility of a world at war isn't.

Hopefully, the threat of the bigwigs losing their personal financial nest eggs if aggression is used against Syria will be enough to tip the scales of reason in the US too...hopefully.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

What is at the back of my mind concerning Cameron is that Tony Blair took us to war without any worries and I instinctively know that what the public think and want is diddysquat to any recent Prime Minister its what he and his chain pullers want that dictates his actions.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by VimanaExplorer

I have just watched the arrivals of the different delegates at the G20 and the Chinese went straight into a 'chat' with the Russians and according to the commentator, Obama stands pretty much alone except for France and Turkey.

He went further to say that there is some space between the Russians and Obama at the seating arrangements so they may only meet outside the discussions.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

China doesn't care. Either way, they'll jump in bed with whoever is leading Syria, as long as they have the coin. Just like NK, they just sit back and wait for the smoke to clear.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

As I understand it Saudi wants to run the Gulf States and intends to run whoever is left in Government in Syria as then Iran is on its own.

But regarding the Chinese and Saudi, they already have a state with Islamists in and I would doubt they would welcome any dealings with Saudi fanatics getting into China and influencing their own Muslims. I suspect they would accept a secular government but Saudi is such an extreme Muslim country with their type of Islam which we saw a demonstration of when one man ate the heart of another, I don't think perhaps that would be the Chinese 'way'. Most country's have a darker side but that is right off the scale for acceptable behaviour today. I may be wrong, who knows?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

By the way I am a great fan of Harry Dresden - good choice in avatar.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join