It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is Conspicuous by its Absence in the Syrian Debunkle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I am bothered that we are all focused on the USA, France, Russia, Israel and a few UK's planes nearby. We are short of a very interested party's presence or voice. That vested interested party is China. Who we should remember has a very modern tool box of weaponry etc.

The obvious idea of destabalising Syria is obviously to isolate Iran. This probably has no chance of working because Iran has survived with the sanctions against it and is doing pretty well what it wants on its own; but with a open relationship with Russia with whom, unless I am mistaken, it shares a border with and a quiet relationship with China and her oil supplies. So any ideas of attacking Iran will immediately upset its neighbour Russia and obviously China.

China gets some of her oil from Iran and I did understand that although Syria has no oil as such on her land, oil is under her seas, which is probably more of interest to her neighbours.

However does anyhone know what China is up to and when she will inevitably be drawn openly into this debunkle should it escalate and Iran be put in jeopardy.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Shiloh7 because: pressed wrong button

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Interesting post mate very informative s+f for you!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
In Chine Syria like Iran this situation

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
FYI Shiloh7 - (I see you're bran new here, welcome)

You HAVE to post content in your OP. Not just a title question with no content...

Anyway, China is siding with Russia in this, as they walked out of the U.N. meeting along with Russia while Britain decided to also opt out. China is not loud at the moment because they don't need to be, really. I don't think China will directly involve themselves as their economy relies almost solely on the U.S. With that said, there are rumors of China considering a different currency and backing away from the dollar. So, who knows where this could ultimately lead. Just my two cents!
edit on 5-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

I think you forgot to write the post sir?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
FYI Shiloh7 - ( I see you're bran new here, welcome)

You HAVE to post content in your OP. Not just a title question with no content...

Anyway, China is siding with Russia in this, as the walked out of the U.N. meeting along with Russia while Britain decided to also opt out. China is not loud at the moment because they don't need to be, really. I don't think China will directly involve themselves as their economy relies almost solely on the U.S.With that said, there are rumors of China considering a different currency and backing away from the dollar. So, who knows where this could ultimately lead. Just my two cents!
edit on 5-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

You had to go and spoil it didn't you

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7

Troll bait and switch.
See the quote above to see what the
original thread said for 22 minutes.

That's right ... nothing.

Mike
edit on 5-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Because they Win no matter what.

They have at stake only variations of who sells them oil. damage lets Chinese workers in to rebuild which is a demographic win, any defeat of the US strengthens them militarily, a victory by the Us with how much money we owe them sees them repaid.

There just isn't a situation in which China suffers. It's not like Islam matters to them, not big fans of religion in general.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

How is the weather in beautiful Bournemouth?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

China gets some of her oil from Iran and I did understand that although Syria has no oil as such on her land, oil is under her seas, which is probably more of interest to her neighbours.

And we let China have ALL of Iraq's oil.

If they don't like how the Syria oil turns
out they can take it up with Russia.

Mike

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

I know they are sitting pretty so to speak, but they may not be without Iran's oil and with their increased middle class driving cars etc that's an awful lot of oil they are going to require a steady flow of, if they don't want difficulties from their own population suddenly finding their cars are 'clamped' due to no fuel, they will have to safeguard their supplies.

The whole world is changing - as one Empire limps out, another rises.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Its Iran's oil that is ultimately up for grabs so to speak, not Syria's - that is simply a human resource of support that is being dismantled steadily although Assad doesn't seem to have noticed it yet, but Iran certainly has.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dellmonty

Darn right I pressed the wrong button before Ihad engaged brain

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

reply to post by penninja

I know they are sitting pretty so to speak, but they may not be without Iran's oil and with their increased middle class driving cars etc that's an awful lot of oil they are going to require a steady flow of, if they don't want difficulties from their own population suddenly finding their cars are 'clamped' due to no fuel, they will have to safeguard their supplies.

The whole world is changing - as one Empire limps out, another rises.

Yeah? whomever is in charge wont sell the Oil?

War cuts supply for a time, but when your India or China with 2.5 Billion looking for jobs you do the rebuilding.... your workers never leave, it's demographic victory no matter what... Nothing, nothing so nice as your neighbors bleeding their male population dry while your people come with hammer and nails to fill the void after...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

China is Conspicuous by its absence in the Syrian Debunkle

Try doing some actual research next thread,

Here.....

China has expressed grave concern after the
US Senate backed a draft resolution for use of
force on Syria.

Speaking on Wednesday the Foreign Ministry
said the priority should be to find a
diplomatic solution.

"We emphasis that a political solution is
the only way out for the Syria crisis."

- Hong Lei: Spokesman

He says it will complicate the crisis and
provoke more conflicts in the Middle East.

Mike
edit on 5-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Chinese are a pragmatic bunch.

They've already stated quite plainly what their national position is on military strikes against Syria based on unfounded accusations.

I guess they think we've already said what we want to say about it and there's little point slapping their chops and repeating ad nauseum if the situation or stance hasn't changed.

They've quite clearly stated that they will not tolerate military action against Syria, based on manufactured acusations as a pretext to ruining and destabilising yet another ME country.

edit on 5-9-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Give the OP a wee break...this Chinese comment only came round to the UK this morning....4 hours ago.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Thanks Jane I had not seen the Chinese comments.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I wonder if Obama's delay in action, that he clearly is chomping at the bit to carry out, is due to pressure from China and their impact of withdrawing their loans to the USA?

Cameron has clearly had a shot across his bows also from somewhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Maybe you get the news quicker than we do in the UK. I had not seen it but now I have, I am not sure I like the sound of military action if the information about chemical weapons is false and the USA uses it as an excuse.

I suspect we will never know the truth about the weapons, logic makes me side with the Russians in that Assad was winning and didn't need to muddy the water internationally. I also know that a smell of Onions and Chlorine was noted at the scene of the televised aftereffects of CMs being used. Nothing is straightforward and the whole situation seems to be a bees nest of speculagtion and darn right lies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join