It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Age Religion is wrong...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Can you say that you are not conscious?

I am and you are conscious. All I'm saying is that consciousness is not a radiation. It's not a gauge boson, it's an abstract phenomena. Thus it cannot be put into a "beam", no more than you can spread it onto your pasta.

Have you heard that atoms are made of 99.9999% empty space?

That empty space is located between the electronic cloud and the atomic nucleus. It's the electronic cloud which enables the atom to stick to other atoms. It's not "nothing", it's more like microscopic marbles with a space between the surface and the core. If your house really disappear and reappears each times you gaze at it, a sonic boom would occur. The argument that "atoms have empty space between the electronic cloud and the nucleon" has no relation to my argument. Air atoms too have space between their electronic cloud and the nucleons, that doesn't prevent air from dilating.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
This is for individuals who have stopped searching and started being.

Science is still searching for answers.

Science also has much of the answers.

You see... Searching is being... because without a quest, there is no point in "being" in the first place...

edit on 6-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

Can you say that you are not conscious?

I am and you are conscious. All I'm saying is that consciousness is not a radiation. It's not a gauge boson, it's an abstract phenomena. Thus it cannot be put into a "beam", no more than you can spread it onto your pasta.

You said that consciousness is a concept but really consciousness is the one (not) thing that is not a concept.
In consciousness all concepts arise.
Without consciousness being present no appearance can appear - and no one can prove otherwise.

The double slit experiment shows that without an observer the waveform does not collapse. Unless there is a conscious observer there is nothing appearing. The conscious observer and what is seen are one.

It is a bit like having no screen on a tv - without the screen no image can appear. Right now there are waves all around sending pictures and sound but until the tv is turned on they are invisible.
The tv has to be present with a screen for the waves to appear as pictures and sound.
The screen and the image are one.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

New Age Religion is wrong...

I stopped reading there.

New Age isn't a religion. IT'S A MOVEMENT.

You were probably drunk or had fever while posting...

edit on 6-9-2013 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The seer and seen are one.

This is for individuals who have stopped searching and started being.

Science is still searching for answers.

It is not for 'individuals' because there are no individuals in oneness. When the truth is realized by science it will be seen that the seer and seen are one.
And if one looks closely one will see it - but then the game will be up - if oneness wants to continue to play the game it will refuse to look. If one sees what is really going on here, the individual will cease to be.
Oneness plays hide and seek with itself.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The real problem with New Age is that try to assimilate science entirely.

The only thing I enjoyed about the New Age compared to other beliefs genre's is that it usually try to stick with open minded. Like mixing mythologies with scientific explanations. I will use the Greek God, "Poseidon" for an example.

He could start tidal waves, Tsunami and earthquakes. Now we know, Earthquakes could start Tsunami's, but how did the ancients know that this "character" was the cause of the earthquake? Or better yet, how they know quake had anything to with the ocean at all. I mean, they couldn't fully understand the physics of water, or was it just an ancient observation that tsunami were connected to earthquakes?

Or you could even use Yin/Yang Ideology, to go with your protons and electrons?

The real problem with New Age, is that they are "LAZY Thinkers", and have heavily based believes in pseudo-sciences, where they don't want it challenged at all, but will challenge actual theories or even try to comment on every aspect of life.

And whats worse, is they think they are right. It doesn't go for everyone in the genre of the believe, but it seems quite common, compared to exceptions.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen

And whats worse, is they think they are right.

Doesn't everyone.

It doesn't go for everyone in the genre of the believe, but it seems quite common, compared to exceptions.

The genre is a made up concept.

'New Age Religion' is just a catch all phrase to get people to attack or defend something. It's a game individuals love to play - pick a label and flag and then go and fight with other labels and flags.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Indeed. It appears to be nothing but a brand label from thin-air. Like Christians and Jews, both pray to the same God, but have different ways, or prophets, or whatever. The Jewish God is unforgiving, while the christian one, is always forgiving.

The usual players, just seem to want profit from the ill.

And maybe there will be a day when they actually become organized enough to become their own religion? Won't be concept if it did.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Indeed. It appears to be nothing but a brand label from thin-air. Like Christians and Jews, both pray to the same God, but have different ways, or prophets, or whatever.

The usual players, just seem to want profit from the ill.

And maybe there will be a day when they actually become organized enough to become their own religion? Won't be concept if it did.

Humans label everything and in doing so separate themselves out and then have to try to fit in. They believe they are a label, a thing, a concept and they join other concepts so they feel better.
The thing is you are not a concept. And until it is realized you will never feel comfortable.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Now your just talking about conformity, and social interactions.

Btw Me or them? U need to be more specific?

Anyways, how I classify thing is my business. If its about definitions, then talk the people who write the dictionaries up.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Now your just talking about conformity, and social interactions.

Yes, I am pointing to how humans seem to separate themselves from everything by using labels. If I wear a flag and label and go around telling people what I am then I invite conflict. If one does not identify with any group (label/flag) then there can be no conflict.

Fighting over words (concepts/beliefs) is the human game.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Labels and brands and trying to seem cool in schools, is nothing but childish displays. Aren't they the one who are insecure about themselves, rather then the one who care less for such things?

If I saw a bunch of crips and bloods duke it out in a controlled environment. I'd be laughing my ass off, like the cops.
Some of them will complain about racial in-equality, but yet fight over stupid colours.

Then really my friend, tread lightly in hostile environments.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

The real problem with New Age, is that they are "LAZY Thinkers", and have heavily based believes in pseudo-sciences, where they don't want it challenged at all, but will challenge actual theories or even try to comment on every aspect of life.

And whats worse, is they think they are right. It doesn't go for everyone in the genre of the believe, but it seems quite common, compared to exceptions.

It is easy to buy into labels.

The OP is an attack on 'New Age Religion' and it is an opportunity for more to join in the attack.
There are a lot of assumptions about these so called New agers.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

And the New Age attack everything else because, there a conspiracy, or it some bullshido mystic plan behind everything?

Really, if the New Age is the "New Age", then it need very little defending at all. I mean it nothing more then a conceptual label, and why are you so interested in defending this made genre?

Really, the OP is more of a complaint really, and is trying to explain ones opinion. Maybe someone should make a post saying "New Age is right".

I have very little concern about New Age believes, but I can tell there trouble. As far as im concerned, New Age has little steam in it engine to be actually "ATTACKED".

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You said that consciousness is a concept but really consciousness is the one (not) thing that is not a concept.
Without consciousness being present no appearance can appear - and no one can prove otherwise.

You're putting the effect after the cause. Physics laws caused consciousness to come into existence via evolution. What you're saying implies that before life could appear on Earth billions of years ago, nothing existed. No planets, no stars, no galaxies. Which is in contradiction with the fact that life did come into existence, after planets and stars and the universe were created (the discovery of stars as old as the Universe confirms that stars indeed existed before life). It's not consciousness of life which created life (and thus consciousness). It's laws of physics and evolution process.

The double slit experiment shows that without an observer the waveform does not collapse. Unless there is a conscious observer there is nothing appearing. The conscious observer and what is seen are one.

In this experiment, the "observer" was a device which was placed on the slits to detect the passage of photons or electrons. The wave collapsed because of direct physical interaction with the device. It didn't collapse simply because someone turned his/her eyeballs at the slits.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
I stopped reading there.

New Age isn't a religion. IT'S A MOVEMENT.

You were probably drunk or had fever while posting...

Hehe... You should continue reading. It gets even better!

Hm, you're right, it's a "movement". Hm, it does remind me of a religion sometimes. With the OM and the energy concepts and the teachings of love and harmony. If it would be a religion, I would say it would be one of the nicest religions, though.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The OP is an attack on 'New Age Religion'

I reported one mistake (of pseudoscience type) in your "movement", in the hope that it may help you New Agers to fine-tune the Movement and avoid future critic.

Perhaps I should just have closed my mouth, stay silent, and let you dwell in blissful illusion?

I saw a fault, I pointed it out to you guys. Are you saying you guys can't bear scientific investigation? That you consider reports and questions as personal attacks?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The OP is an attack on 'New Age Religion'

I reported one mistake (of pseudoscience type) in your "movement", in the hope that it may help you New Agers to fine-tune the Movement and avoid future critic.

Perhaps I should just have closed my mouth, stay silent, and let you dwell in blissful illusion?

I saw a fault, I pointed it out to you guys. Are you saying you guys can't bear scientific investigation? That you consider reports and questions as personal attacks?

I do not identify with 'New Age'.
'New Age Religion' is a made up concept.

It is a label and I am not a label. I am not defending anything- just pointing out that humans fight and defend labels.
You start the thread with 'New Age Religion is wrong' and then the game begins. It seems that you like to label people and put them into groups - you separate 'them' from 'you' and in doing so you can attack 'them' and tell 'them' that 'you' know better.
In reality there is nothing separate but words and concepts seem to divide - in doing so peace cannot be known. Division is conflict.
How is it working for you?

If you have something to share then share but I do not see the need to invent a group of people to attack as a platform for you beliefs.
Have you ever heard the expression 'There is no need to blow someone else's candle out so you can shine'?
edit on 7-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

What you're saying implies that before life could appear on Earth billions of years ago, nothing existed. No planets, no stars, no galaxies. Which is in contradiction with the fact that life did come into existence, after planets and stars and the universe were created (the discovery of stars as old as the Universe confirms that stars indeed existed before life).

How could anyone possibly 'know' this? It has to be an assumption.

The concept of past arises presently. All arises in presence.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Perfection may never be achieved in reality, but it must never be given up as (at least) a distant goal.

Reality is perfect but there seems to be something separate from it that judges it.

There is only ever what is actually happening and the happening is presently happening. The idea that it is not perfect happens because there is a belief in more than there is.

A 'goal' is a projection outside of what is - 'goals' imply that you are incomplete - that this is incomplete.
This is complete and you are not separate from it. It is the idea that there is more than there is that makes you feel conflicted and that hides the love and peace that is ever present.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join