It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The D.O.P (dissapearing objects phenomenon}

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There has been many discussions about this very topic, of which there are 2 camps

1. The goblin / spirit took it and then returned it

2. You are mistaken and just misplaced the item to only later find it were it was to begin with.

Well the real answer may lie within the 3rd explanation that I have. Quantum physics tells us that the future is not always what we can see, also we live inside a multidimensional universe and that we actually shift between them.

When something disappears, it may be that we shifted away from it and vice-a-verse. That is the scientific explanation that many top physician believe, at least this is what my close friend tells me and he is one.

This what I believe happens.

Sirric
edit on 6/9/13 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

Well the real answer may lie within the 3rd explanation that I have. Quantum physics tells us that the future is not always what we can see, also we live inside a multidimensional universe and that we actually shift between them.

When something disappears, it may be that we shifted away from it and vice-a-verse. That is the scientific explanation that many top physician believe, at least this is what my close friend tells me and he is one.

This what I believe happens.

Between this and the other two, this multidimensional explanation for the lost keys seems...expensive...as they'd say in physics. No Occam's Razor there, to say the least.

You should read Lee Smolin's book "The Trouble With Physics: The Rise of String Theory, The Fall of Science, and What Comes Next" and Alexander Unzicker's "Bankrupting Physics: How Today's Top Scientists are Gambling Away Their Credibility", and when you're done with those, you'll be ready for Jim Baggott's "Farewell to Reality: How Modern Physics Has Betrayed the Search for Scientific Truth". There's a really strong reaction within the professional scientific community against the kind of loopy "science" that your friend is involved in, and the primary culprit is a guy named Edward Witten, a brilliant theoretical physicist who may just go down in scientific history as the single most destructive influence on late 20th century and early 21st century scientific thought and professional culture.

The professional and academic cult surrounding this guy is amazing, almost religious, and it's got the entire field of theoretical physics and, in some ways, even cosmology, completely crippled with at least 1/2 of the world's theoretical physicists (as many as 1500) lost within the throes of grinding mathematics-centered labor that is solely devoted to conquering the constantly emerging inconsistencies and implausibilities of Superstring Theory and whatever the hell "M" Theory is.

Between the nonsense that he's imposed upon the world's physics drones and the carnival sideshow freak tent that is constantly paraded across the Discovery Channel and Youtube as breakthrough science, I won't be surprised if at this time 50 years from now, America isn't engaged in human sacrifices to ensure quarterly numbers that feature double digit growth across multiple sectors, with the entire holocaust making big numbers of its own on Pay-Per-View. Hell, when it gets so that "scientifically-proven" reality features no plausible connection with observable reality, then there's no constraints on how lost entire societies can become. Human imagination and whoever it is that's paying the bills will be setting the limits on just how insane it can get.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This happens to me constantly. Once I was looking for my keys right where I left them and they weren't there. Then they reappeared in another place that I sometimes leave them.

When my wife asks me to find some item she needs for cooking in a specific place in the pantry, it's not there. When she comes to get it, it reappears! How is that possible?

One time I couldn't find my car in the parking lot at the mall and it somehow ended up on the other side of the mall. Now how did these guys get my car to the other side of the mall without anyone noticing?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Happened in my house one day. My son-in-law, who is a homicide detective, put his cell phone down on a glass table in the living room. We went out on the porch for a while to chat and when we came back in , the cell phone was gone.

We looked everywhere., even calling the number to see if we could hear it ring. Finally, giving up, he went home. He came back to the house the next day when I was at work just to give another quick search. The cell phone was on the table, just where he said he left it, and the light was blinking showing it had a missed call, which was the house number we used to call it originally.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

That is amazing
how did u feel after your son told u this?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Some tasty Tsoukalogic you have there.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by skcussta

I've had such things happen a lot in my life. I think it's the high tech invisible mind controlling time travellers or something demented like that. Things like I'd look for my hat everywhere and they don't make the item return until you get pissed off. Then there's this situation where it's like using people to play a demented game of oh your red lighter vanished then ask someone for a light and they have a red lighter to play on this suggestive idea of them sneaking up and stealing it. Then there's the oh you lost something for a moment then got mind scrambled and distracted until you get mad blame someone then you magically find it.

I'm being puppeted and someone did something to my vision so I don't know what to think about reality anymore.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mindcontrolledchris

ok tanks for sharing
who did what to your reality
??
are u ok?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join