Is Obama a narcissist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
How do you battle narcissism? After you're in that mind state, how can you get out?

All our mind states, I think, are "closed boxes," defense mechanisms we employ to deal with whatever the circumstances we find ourselves in, and also our circumstantial and psychological response history.

Therefore, once you're in a set pattern of "dealing" with whatever by that response, it is a close circle, so to speak, for you then justify your reaction via your particular defense mechanism, designed to protect your psyche and help you deal with the current set of circumstances....

Sociopathy, however, is slightly different, I think. For this is about not seeing nor recognizing others as what you are: a human with feelings, but rather seeing everyone as a potential object to be used for either gratification for yourself, or to justify your position or reaction. Also, it is marked, specifically, by the lack of guilt or any knowledge or acquiescence to or of guilt. So that anything, absolutely, is acceptable, to do to another human being in trying to justify or seek pleasure.....though sociopaths typically are quite aware of the society they live within's rules, and will do nothing aberrant at the risk of getting caught, and villified for their behavior. However, whatever they can get away with, they will do willingly and even pleasurably at the pain of another, if that is what rocks their world.....

It is truly a description of inherent behavior patterns which are frightening to one who is victimized by it, for they are quite clever at sensing what you want and/or need, and expect, and then catching you off guard with the wolf in sheep's clothing act, and then isolating you in such a way they can behave in any way they wish or find pleasure in, with regards to another human, that they only see as an object or vehicle for their desires......

This is a recipe for disaster for the victim(s).
Tetra

ETA: Having said all that, it is why I balk at calling Obama a sociopath.....for this brand is damning, in a way nothing else is....other than the label of a predatory sexual psychopath, I think, and I'm pretty sure with no further explanation we can all imagine what behaviors this diagnoses exhibits...

In closing, give the guy a break.... he's only human, and how many of us know what the stress of being a puppet "president" must be like, while you have few choices, but take responsibility for them all?.
edit on 9-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
How do you battle narcissism? After you're in that mind state, how can you get out?

No cure apparently.

Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around psychotherapy. There are no medications specifically used to treat narcissistic personality disorder. However, if you have symptoms of depression, anxiety or other conditions, medications such as antidepressants or anti-anxiety medications may be helpful.

Narcissistic personality disorder -- Mayo Clinic

sorry Barack.

But then again, you really like it right ?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join