It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Fears It Was Infiltrated By Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Great job NSA! Ah yes, an agency to help hunt down terrorists that not only doesn't catch very many, they hire them also. Just think we may have terrorists operating in the US and supported by our tax dollars. Maybe they should just drop the agency and use it as a front to catch terrorists in the hiring phase?

The fear of infiltration is such that the NSA planned last year to investigate at least 4,000 staff who obtained security clearances. It detected potentially suspicious activity among staff members after trawling through trillions of employee keystrokes at work.

Suspect behaviour is said to have included staffers accessing classified databases they do not usually use for their work or downloading several documents, two people familiar with the software used to monitor staff told the Post.

Already have problems in paradise? Hey just make it easier for the terrorists to get their hands on the goods. They are already concerned that they don't have good control of their info already. Evidenced by the undetected Snowed incident.

The NSA is also creating a huge database known as WILDSAGE to help share sensitive intelligence among cybersecurity centers, according to the budget document. But the move has raised concern that the database could be infiltrated.

Also according to the article, thousands of applicants to all US intelligence agencies have suspected ties to militant groups Hamas, Hezbollah and al-Qaeda.

"Over the last several years, a small subset of CIA's total job applicants were flagged due to various problems or issues," one official told the Post. "During this period, one in five of that small subset were found to have significant connections to hostile intelligence services and or terrorist groups."

Oh oh... Someone else must have been playing poker on his IPhone a bit too much... What year is it now, and when did the Snowden leaks happen? Thought so... Too busy spying than to worry about silly little details.

In 2011, Congress ordered Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to set up an "automated insider threat detection programme" to prevent further such leaks, stop possible abuses and identify double agents.

US intelligence agencies 'targeted for infiltration by Al-Qaeda'

edit on 5-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Lol that's a good one.

Not too long ago the CIA was recruiting exactly that. Maybe someone on ats saved a screen capture.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

With more than 50% of the nation being religious morons who pledge allegiance to an imaginary sky daddy and are willing to do anything to please it... I would be worried too.

They have a prophecy to self-fulfill.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is it just me, or has this whole NSA saga really begun to sound like Catch-22 come to life?

They say art mimics life, or something of that sort.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Nsa still hasn't figure it out yet have they?

Anybody can be a terrorist, foreign intelligence within an clandestine agency. There is no trust or loyalty, its about "who's doing who".

That's why they have those acronyms. The name and their employees speaks for themselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I was about to post the same but with nowhere near that level of eloquence

edit on 5-9-2013 by minkmouse because: One oz over

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

You know we were so busy worrying about our privacy being invaded, that we never stopped to think that those databases could be used for evil by not just politicians, but by other countries or terrorists groups. There is just so much information, those databases are too difficult to protect. Those databases must be destroyed!

edit on 5-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have to wonder if they are really just looking for potenial whistleblowers. The word terrorists typically frightens the masses. Compared to whstleblowers who will make you tune in and listen to what the goverment does behind your back. Terrorists to them. Not so much to us.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I know, identities and our privacy is worth a lot of money.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

edit on 5-9-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by elouina

With more than 50% of the nation being religious morons who pledge allegiance to an imaginary sky daddy and are willing to do anything to please it.. I would be worried too.

They have a prophecy to self-fulfill.

Not every "religious moron" is rushing to fulfill the end times prophecies. Justin Amash reported that several congressmen reported calls are running nearly 100 against war with Syria.

Pope Francis: renewed appeal for peace (full text)
en.radiovaticana.va...:_renewed_appeal_for_peace_(full_text)/en1-725418

Pope Francis renewed his appeal for peace in Syria and throughout the world on Wednesday, once again inviting Christians of every denomination, believers of every religious tradition and all people of good will to take part in the worldwide fast and vigil of prayer and penance for peace, which he has called for September 7th, the vigil of the Feast of the Nativity of Our Lady, whom we venerate as Queen of Peace.

link   
reply to post by elouina

I never thought about it....you raise an excellent point though. That's a ton of vital information just ripe for the picking by "terrorists"..

Seems to me though that this is just an excuse to tighten up security further, squash any sort of Congressional hearings, etc. "Sorry, we can't discuss this. National Security, we may have a fox in the henhouse after all!!"

link   
If the employees can access data that they "do not need for work" then they have much bigger problems. The employees should only be able to access the data that they use, and any extra must be approved on a case by case basis, either automatically when the employee is assigned a particular task or manually by someone who has access to said data.

It isn't that hard to build a system where each user can be given specific access limits. I though stuff like this worked on a need to know basis, but I guess not.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

You trust Alexander even after he lied under oath?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I can imagine that career work in the spying business could make one very paranoid.
Paranoid people who know the sins of the world carry a great burden that could cause them to obsess endlessly about what evil looms and where more might exist.

Wouldn't want my head in that vice.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I have no idea how accurate the movie "Munich" was, but in a nutshell it definitely portrayed just that. That years in that community left one absolutely paranoid.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I guess that means our boys and girls abroad

are even in further danger.

God Bless Them, for they are the ones you never read about in The Papers.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Here we go again. NSA are doing the spade-work for another false flag event.

By identifying an unknown enemy from within

Whose numbers are unknown but many (therefore networked)

Who also have complete unobstructed access to the most intimate data of every person on the planet

Gives them a very BROAD spectrum for "Plausible Deniability" when certain events unfold

And all the fingers start pointing back at them.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Trubeeleever because: grammatical correction

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I guess this is what happens when Intelligence Agencies start hiring from a generation raised with the more intense anti-hero Cloak and Dagger/Espionage/CyberTech-noir movies and television programming.

You'd think they'd know to be more comprehensive in their psychological profiling process before the hiring factor kicked in.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/5/13 by GENERAL EYES because: corrected spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
I have to wonder if they are really just looking for potenial whistleblowers. The word terrorists typically frightens the masses. Compared to whstleblowers who will make you tune in and listen to what the goverment does behind your back. Terrorists to them. Not so much to us.

BINGO!

This is a smokescreen to cover for their real problem, whistleblowers! Downloading files and viewing stuff they shouldn't be? Probably because they are planning on releasing some proof of nefarious action by the NSA. I wouldn't be surprised if they plant "dirty" information in order to weed out those people who are likely to spill the beans about bad stuff going on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join