It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Calculus" New Buzzword or New Weasel Word?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Obama's using it. Kerry and the other two stooges are using it. The Senate is using it. Is it an "out" later as in: "We did the best we could do with our calculus, but the mathematical problem was too complex to resolve. It was our "best guess." Sorry y'all."

Calculus is the mathematical study of change,[1] in the same way that geometry is the study of shape and algebra is the study of operations and their application to solving equations...

...The word "calculus" comes from Latin (calculus) and means a small stone used for counting. More generally, calculus (plural calculi) refers to any method or system of calculation guided by the symbolic manipulation of expressions.

en.wikipedia.org...

The "study of change" and "a small stone used for counting" and the "symbiotic manipulation of expressions" so says Wikipedia. Hrmmmm.

I don't know where I'm going here...I'm just noticing how quickly it has burst on the scene in this context. Glad to rant and get it off my chest, though, maybe someone has a more synthesized opinion of it?

Bet I'm not the only one to notice it, however...

edit on 4-9-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I dunno about synthesize. But 'weasel', 'obama', and kerry', fit perfectly into a sentence.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
I dunno about synthesize. But 'weasel', 'obama', and kerry', fit perfectly into a sentence.

Dang, Mugen, that's some good calculus.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Glad you posted it and got it off of my chest too
Yes weasel presented the right image too!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Can you link any of the instances you are referring too? I haven't noticed it myself. I am very familiar with calculus having studied it extensively at the university level. I'm thinking it's just a new buzzword? But maybe weasel word fits better??? I don't know.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
Can you link any of the instances you are referring too? I haven't noticed it myself. I am very familiar with calculus having studied it extensively at the university level. I'm thinking it's just a new buzzword? But maybe weasel word fits better??? I don't know.

I looked, but it seems to be to new an issue to have merited youtube as of yet. Check this out though:

And THIS, my much-respected friend:

The Prophets of Pain: True Prophecy as Regards Syria on Youtube? Woah!! WOAH!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Still haven't heard anyone say the "C" word in any of those vids or anywhere else. IDK, I will keep my ears open and then maybe I can comment. Thanks, TG, for staying vigilant.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I think it's just the Fed's new "cool" word of the week- they think it makes them sound smart. They are idiots. I took Calculus in school, it doesn't mean you're smart- it just means you can remember long, boring formulas. Hell, even a toddler can memorize formulas if you repeat them often enough to them. Just goes to show how idiotic Obama, Kerry and the rest of them really are.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

wtbengineer
Still haven't heard anyone say the "C" word in any of those vids or anywhere else. IDK, I will keep my ears open and then maybe I can comment. Thanks, TG, for staying vigilant.

Hey, brother! Check the following vid at about 17 seconds for Obama using the word "calculus" in the sense I'm talking. It was used by various of the players during the senate hearing as well, but I'm not sure any vids are available of those yet. I've also posted a link below where it's referenced that Obama used it.

Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes did not confirm whether this proof showed that Syria had crossed the 'red line' established by President Obama by using chemical weapons. Mr Rhodes stated that: "The president has said that the use of chemical weapons would change his calculus, and it has."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well there it is... I guess it doesn't bother me much that they are using this word in this way. I don't expect them to understand what the study of calculus is. I bend the meaning of words all the time myself... well, not really all the time, but I have done it.

new topics

top topics

join