It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Live Woolly Mammoth From 1943?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Where is the HOAX Button?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex
Looks like computer animation to me, the way the hair is moving around, and the way the clip is so short

When you're being marched to your death, I'm pretty sure you'd only get to keep a few seconds of film of any mammoths you might see or photograph.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This one (from the OP) has obviously been demonstrated to be a hoax, but I myself do vaguely remember once seeing something rather similar in real life..

edit on 6-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The possibility of species still living that we have thought to be long extinct is very real. I hope to see a megalodon discovered in the near future. www.mnn.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

At 19mins into this vid you will see the same critter as in the "Siberian" vid, only reversed.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I was watching a show the other night about Siberia in relation to the Tunguska impact event. Afterwords I went on google Earth and looked at the area. It is IMMENSE, something like 100,000 square miles of deep forest, swamps and valleys. Very few roads, cities or people for that matter for thousands of miles. Its an area the size of the Amazon that is largely unexplored. I don't think its impossible that there could be a mammoth or two tucked away in an area that size.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Oh YEAH RIGHT! Looks like someone saw this newly released mammoth footage and thought they spew out some mammoth tv show to take advantage of the mammoth hype. I see what everyone's talking talking about at 19:00 into the video. Looks like Mr. Director thought he's replicate the REAL mammoth footage in his program. The nerve some people have. How disrespectful. Do you understand a man DIED soon after taking this footage. He was on his way to death, ON A DEATH MARCH. With only what, maybe hours left in his life he actually took the time to film a mammoth. 70 years later some big shot is taking advantage of this man's final contribution to society by making a show with CGI mammoths. I can't believe this.
edit on 6-9-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

Good find...
Shame its hoaxed though...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Im sorry people, just watch the camera movements .... seems to follow the object just to dang perfectly, just look at how stable of a shot the whole thing is...and add in the classic short few secs of a video and that should tell you.

not real, totally fake.

and I dislike hoaxers , just cus they are attention whores, plain stank butt LIARS.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I really don't see finding a woolly mammoth really that big of an impossibility as they are so closely related to our modern elephants, Maybe there is Sabre Toothed Tigers out there someplace too!
What I would draw the line on is someone saying they saw a T-Rex! but a mammoth, why not?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by bigrex
Looks like computer animation to me, the way the hair is moving around, and the way the clip is so short

When you're being marched to your death, I'm pretty sure you'd only get to keep a few seconds of film of any mammoths you might see or photograph.

For the record, they didn't know they were being 'marched' to their death (or they would have killed them outright) no, they thought that the Soviets would actually imprison them until the war ended and they would be released.
If a soldier has a camera under his long coat why couldn't he shoot a couple frames of anything? There were thousands of prisoners so they weren't watching them that closely, after all if someone ran he wouldn't get far!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is a confirmed HOAX. Someone do their job and throw it in the HOAX bin.
edit on 8-9-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I can't believe this website. This was confirmed to be a hoax within 10 hours of being posted, 6 DAYS AGO.... yet it still sits in the "Cryptozoology" forum. Hello, moderators???

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Sippy Cup
Im sorry people, just watch the camera movements .... seems to follow the object just to dang perfectly, just look at how stable of a shot the whole thing is...and add in the classic short few secs of a video and that should tell you.

not real, totally fake.

and I dislike hoaxers , just cus they are attention whores, plain stank butt LIARS.

Good, im not the only one who thought all that the moment they saw it... if you look at the slow mo's the camera basically tracks the mammoth the instant it begins to move, a person on a death march in bellow 0 conditions most likely starving of hunger carrying a big old film camera suddenly stopping to film something like this and getting that sort of footage... not a chance.

The speed (fps i guess) of the film is also so damn smooth, I mean look at old film from that period and it never captures movement that smoothly...

Why would the Russians let one of their prisoners being marched to a prison camp or their death time to film a mammoth, let alone then give that footage to that persons relative (I mean if it was authentic footage the Russians would keep it to themselves)... or even have a camera with him anyway, hell the environment itself would have pretty much wrecked the camera and film in the first place, in no time flat.

Siberia or even normal winter for that matter in Russia is brutal to the point of lethality.

That being said, people have for a long time told stories of mammoths in the tiaga, so I personally believe they are there, or were there, up until the last 30 or so years.

Like the Almas of Mongolia, their one of those cryptids that we most likely will just miss discovering thanks to our own environmental damaging ways.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

MrSpad
My very first thought is that the idea a German POW would be allowed not only to keep his camera but, stop to film a mammoth while on death march to a camp is beyond far feched. Then I read what the You Tube channel this is on says

***Friends, most content shown is either manufactured or altered or exaggerated. Yes, this is essentially an entertainment and comedy channel -- and we sincerely hope you appreciate that and enjoy the experience!

Shame, my hopes were up. The video is amazing, but the big problem with it is the ridiculous high quality of the video .It's almost HD, and cameras from WWII had a terrible quality and it would be impossible to film at that distance and tell what the hell that thing was, unless that guy was really close the the animal.

Like other people stated, it would be impossible to film that. The cold would destroy booth camera and film, the movements would be way more slow/strange. There's too much inconcistense, unless the video was remastered on a computer program.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh the thrill of hunting a wooly! If only..
I've been in the digital arts industry. This sort of video could easily be achieved by a pro in a few hours an amateur in a couple days, someone with no experience in a few weeks.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
even though this has been shown to be a hoax, I can't help but wish it had been real. It would be amazing if somehow those magnificent beasts had survived into modern times. I really hope we can resurrect the species during my lifetime!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join