It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Live Woolly Mammoth From 1943?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by imod02
Just a few questions,
1, Who let him keep the camera, the Russians would of taken every thing of value from the Germans
2. If the Russians guards had seen it, they would of shot it and eat it as food was in very short supply
So i say it a fake.

A star for you for turning "a few questions", into one! Bravo !!

Answers is: I don't know.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

That's pretty cool find. Sure does look real, but now days it is just about impossible to tell real from fake pictures and footage, all those giant skeleton pics are a good example.
I know some one had a old video footage of a dinosaur (once known as dragon) on Ytube, like a smaller raptor like one running, at first you think its an ostrich, but slowed down you can clearly see it has a long tail and larger head.
Not sure if it is still up on Ytube.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So a German prisoner of war was allowed to keep his iPhone and videoed a mammoth. Subsequently the iPhone was confiscated by the Russian. And only turned up again in 2013 whereupon the footage on it was posted to youtube.

Makes sense to me

Barnum was right.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sure looks real? but I cant imagine that it is real. Or this is the first cloned mammoth that walks in the wild right now and they filmed it in black and white to look old? , like the Pyrenean ibex that lived for seven days and was last seen in the wild early 1900 ..

edit on 5-9-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Its already debunked, footage from Walking With Beasts documentary, cropped and edited, as seen on page 3, it was almost perfect in a way, could of held up as looking pretty authentic.

I don't really believe mammoths as such exist in siberia anymore, but there may be a few animals yet unseen out in Russia and Siberia. There is also potential preserved animals or even humans in the unexplored ground out there, maybe even more...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Regardless of authenticity, it still makes my imagination run wild. What with the supposedly extinct animals discovered within the last hundred years or so. Some animals were thought to be totally extinct until they were found again. So...who knows? There may be some roaming around in extremely remote places. Either way, cool video. It's nice to see what they may have looked like alive.
So thank you for the post.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The first thing I did when I saw the footage was say the quality is far too good, no fame skips, no dirt etc and epically smooth, in fact TOO smooth.

Nope, this is digital video made to look old, the detail seen simply would not have been possible then.

Add to the fact that as said by others that the camera would have been taken and the animal killed, but fisrt and foremost the quality is pristine underneath the faked age.

Nice idea but not real..

EDIT: To those that might think its a digitally remastered version of the original, sorry think again, remasters correct grain, dirt, colour and specks (and sound IF there), it would not have made the quality as smooth as it is nor the detail as good.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wilkinsonus
Regardless of authenticity, it still makes my imagination run wild. What with the supposedly extinct animals discovered within the last hundred years or so. Some animals were thought to be totally extinct until they were found again. So...who knows? There may be some roaming around in extremely remote places. Either way, cool video. It's nice to see what they may have looked like alive.
So thank you for the post.

Sadly as fast as we find it by satellite a company moves in to chop it down or drill on it..

The chances of finding that sort of stuff is a lovely idea but just that, the way its going we will be lucky to find new species of anything before they destroy the habitat...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I thought by the tracking motion of the camera that it was obvious it was professionally taken. Most amateur footage usually follows an object after it moves to catch it up when the object does something unexpected.

Look at the smooth panning action, could you hold a camera that steady in those temperatures ?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Carl Sagan was not an atheist... nor was Darwin... who's biggest supporter was Adlous Huxley's grandfather... think about it...

then consider:

Ron Wyatt's work on noah's ark, where he found massive iron bolts and laminated wood...

I think the pre-flood peeps were way more advanced than we give credit to + the supernatural was more involved in daily life (as opposed to secret govt. deal-making for tech)

pre-flood? yes, research some non-tenured scientists who lay out their theory on this, such as pertains to the Grand Canyon, and you get a whole different picture.

as well,Text (there are some good presentations on youtube) and you will see that the creation has been complex from the beginning... evolution is not accurate science... the creation diversifies, it does not evolve. any mutations to DNA are destructive (unless you want sickle cell) because the DNA of even a single cell is enormously, profoundly complex.

Bruce Lipton's "Biology of Belief" illustrates that genes express due to environment and beliefs... be careful what you allow yourself to think... a person adopted into a family supposedly pre-disposed to cancer will likely find himself pre-disposed as well...

former professor of evolution Walter Veith, has some good lectures on DNA complexity and fossil record...

if anything the creation is devolving, with massive species die-offs and smaller sized animals, generally...

but modern reports of dinosaurs from the swamps of the Congo and other places imply they have died off cuz the creation fell and was no longer conducive to such massive beasts, except for some places/cases...

this may be because the air in fossilized amber has 50% more oxygen than today's...

bison were like elephants, crocodiles would make T-Rex blush, insects would challenge todays eagles...etc

btw, scientists have found viable t-rex blood cells... doesn't sound likely if they were millions of years old...

now let's put a final twist: MUFONS Joseph Jordan found over 400 cases where calling on Jesus ended the abduction phenomenon. Now why would that be?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My guess is that its a hoax, BUT its an amazing one. It is definitely a mammoth and not an elephant so it would have to be cgi and then made poor quality so no one could tell. The legs tusks and head make it impossible to be an elephant.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by 2ndFUTURE
You can skip to 19:02 in the above posted video and see the mammoth they zoomed in on, flipped the image, and changed to black and white. Good hoax though, lol.

The documentary, zoomed in a bit...

The documentary, zoomed in a bit more, cropped, grey scale and mirrored...

And now compare that with the supposed 1940's film...

Time to move this to the HOAX bin.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Makes you wonder. I think that there are many species thought to be extinct that are in fact still alive.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veryophelia
Makes you wonder. I think that there are many species thought to be extinct that are in fact still alive.

Yes, folks for years report seeing Pterodactyls. (Pterodactyls are members of group of prehistoric flying reptiles known as pterosaurs) and or giant birds, "Thunderbirds.

From (source) "Educate-Yourself"

Living Pterodactyls Haunt Our Skies

By David Hatcher Childress

Could living dinosaurs exist? David Hatcher Childress, author of the following article, is convinced that they do. He even thinks pteranodons might be the explanation for another mysterious monster, the chupacabras, or "goatsucker," a small, vicious beast with kangaroo-like back legs and glowing red eyes that came to public attention in 1995 when it was declared responsible for a rash of livestock killings in Puerto Rico. In the following excerpt, Childress describes giant bird sightings and discusses his reasons for believing that these mysterious monsters might indeed be living dinosaurs.

"He's huge, he's huge, he's really, really big." So said pilot John Bouker about the gigantic bird the size of a small airplane that he and several others reported seeing flying over southwest Alaska in October 2002. According to the Anchorage Daily News on October 15 that year, Bouker had been skeptical when he had heard other reports of giant birds. Then he and his airplane passengers saw it for themselves. Scientists still are not sure what Bouker and others observed.

Link to source educate-yourself.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veryophelia

Apparently the tassie tiger is hiding at Mount Anne near Scotts peak, where a apparent secret base in Tasmania is located..

Apparently a colony of them in Tasmania's south west.
edit on 6-9-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
So a German prisoner of war was allowed to keep his iPhone and videoed a mammoth. Subsequently the iPhone was confiscated by the Russian. And only turned up again in 2013 whereupon the footage on it was posted to youtube.

Makes sense to me

Barnum was right.

my grandfather fought on the Russian front--captured by the Russians... he seduced a nurse and escaped... things may have been more lax than you think..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Time to be moved to the HOAX bin? Several posters demonstrated where and how the film was copied from a documentary.

2ndFUTURE was the first to identify how it was done:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can skip to 19:02 in the above posted video and see the mammoth they zoomed in on, flipped the image, and changed to black and white. Good hoax though, lol.

Film: www.youtube.com...

jennybee35 post shows how the film was clearly made:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-9-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The tusks are not turned enough, should be more circular.other than that a good piece of work to create this.. but really! Mammoths in 1940s huh! no way! even though its not a real Mammoth its well done and thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Thanks for this, I love Woolly Mammoths.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Thanks for this, I love Woolly Mammoths.

Your welcome.

I hope there is a herd of them hiding safe, in some lost land and we leave them alone (this time).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join