It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Live Woolly Mammoth From 1943?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 59demon

Agreed. Using 1940's processors, this would have taken at least until the late 90's to render.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Well I would not doubt it. It would not be that hard to make one now.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Well , looking at this footage , I cannot help but notice this Alledged Mammoth looks and moves so Naturally that I would have to conclude it is not a Computer Generated Image nor an Asian or African Elephant Disguised to look like a Woolly Mammoth . If it is a Hoax , then it is a Very Good one . Also , considering this footage was Alledgedly shot in Siberia , an area that Woolly Mammoths were known to inhabit during the time of their exstinction , it would seem plausable to me that remnants of this Species could of somehow survived to the present day in isolated areas rarely visited by the local people .
edit on 4-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Perhaps Hildebrand was forced, or allowed to take footage with his camera as he would be the only one who knew how to use such a thing? God knows that operating the projector in grade nine was a pain in the butt..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Looks like computer animation to me, the way the hair is moving around, and the way the clip is so short

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I actually have a weird issue with this that i think is a case of misunderstanding the story. I don't think the Mammoths the guy spotted was in UpperMiddle Siberia. I think it was in Southern Russia, closer to the northern border of China if not within China itself.

Look at the way the story reads. It starts about Siberia, but the legend that is told seems to come from Vladivostok specifically. The city began as a military outpost but there were numerous chinese tribes in the area which could account for the tribal legends concerning the beast, and we know Mammoths lived in the area. This story might actually legitimize this video, and vice versa.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

In Soviet Siberia, mammoth extincts you!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

Sorry , but in No way does that look like Computer Animation . Watch the Leg Movements , Computer Animation today is not that exact .
edit on 4-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Check this out...there is no name but it does prove they were taking photos of German Pow's during the Eastern Front. There are also some long videos on the matter if you just enjoy the general history...

German POW

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Check this out...there is no name but it does prove they were taking photos of German Pow's during the Eastern Front.

German POW

Yeah, it sure does! Those poor dudes..that war was a mess..sad picture.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Sorry, it's so bad it looks like a cartoon to me, just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
True, but objectively it isn't important. What is important is that both side heavily used video during this time, as well as photos. They were trying to push the people back home just like they are now. If they guy did work for the germans as a photographer at this time he likely would have been solo or with a small team. He could easily have been the one operating the video camera and the regular one.

Just giving the story a lil credibility i suppose. It becomes a little more possible.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It looks pregnant.
Look at the udder.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaded27

I can see that but hadn't thought udder immediately. I just thought long hair, i mean Wooly Mammoth right.

If it's fake,(yea it most likely is) i love how they gave that small detail motion at just the right time.

Either way it builds the legend nicely.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's a real interesting video, very realistic. My only critique is the length of the video (Film). Was this an section of the film, with more of the Woolly to come? If it was a film from 1943, where is the original now? Also does it have other unrelated film before and after the Mammoth footage? It would make it more likely to be real if the Mammoth footage is sandwiched in between film of prisoners marching and doing other things. Otherwise very cool!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Haha, you would have to make the CGI with punch cards!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If its fake its a darn good one.

I really don't know what to make of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This could be extremely easy to fake with the right software. It could have been made at any time in the last few years. Has anyone seen walking with beasts/ dinosoars?

Even video can't be used as evidence these days!

Besides, the story is very unbelievable, not to mention that it is very unlikely that you would find a lone Mammoth as they are like elephants in the sense that they will stick together as a family. It could be a lone bull but that would mean there had to be others around and this would mean a significant population! People tend to forget this when talking about elusive mythical or extinct creatures. Sasquatch for example. Could he really be out there on his own? Of course not, they have to breed and reproduce. With an abundance of food and lack of predators, surely there would be a large population? Anyway.. I digress.

Also, as another poster pointed out, the following comment

Friends, most content shown is either manufactured or altered or exaggerated. Yes, this is essentially an entertainment and comedy channel -- and we sincerely hope you appreciate that and enjoy the experience!

edit on 5-9-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
looks pretty cool.
Looks like wind is blowing across the hair but plants in foreground are not moving.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Sure looks real to me, and why not? Who's to say they couldn't have lived on past the stake in the sand?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join