It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's absolutely NO POINT in voting.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by gladtobehere

There is a point in voting.

Regardless if they cheat or not, the voice, the collective voice, of the people are heard.

Now whether that collective voice is acted upon is subject to debate.

But those in power, whether openly acknowledging it or not, will hear what we have to say.

And I, for one, will continue using my voice, my vote, to speak as loudly as I can.

True Beezer, very true.

Have we not abdicated our collective voices enough?

Have we not let their division tactics keep us fighting each other instead of them?

They came in power by manipulation of the system, we can use the same system to fix the problem as well.

If only we could get over the division, the apathy, the defeatist attitude.

There is a reason we are told constantly and with a loud voice Voting doesn't work, and that is because it can.

Being a citizen of this republic carries responsibilities, and it is the neglect of those that have led us to where we are now.

I won't give up more of my duty by not voting, thats exactly what they want so they can Pander to extremes while the moderates have all thrown up their hands and walked away.

How quick are we to give up before we even tried, How many on here are saying voting doesn't work, and yet they have not once put pen to paper to tell their Reps how unhappy they are?

You want change, get out an vote, but don't vote for a Rep you want, VOTE the rep thats IN OUT! BUT noooo we will just throw up our hands and do Jack #.

FIRST you vote, Than you write your reps, THAN you organize the public, and when your reps ignore you you RECALL them, if that doesn't work you march and protest.

But people here can go ahead and skip to defeat because you know they bitched on a forum and it did nothing.
edit on 5-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
When there IS electronic voting, this is not always a good thing, thay can esily falsificate the vote. And BTW, you need some electronic ID to vote on such machine, this means you need to accept the mark of the beast.
edit on 5-9-2013 by s12307 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Apathy votes are the ones who stay home and they are some of the worst complainers. The system isn't perfect but it is the best one we have.

Ask yourself this though, do you really want some of them to vote when they think not voting sends a message?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Well...the point is...you can see if there is still corruption going on..

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by benrl

Apathy votes are the ones who stay home and they are some of the worst complainers. The system isn't perfect but it is the best one we have.

Ask yourself this though, do you really want some of them to vote when they think not voting sends a message?

Its better then neglecting the duty that comes with being a Citizen of this Constitutional Republic.

The more the distractions the easier it is to turn the vote to their favor.

You get Idiots and Extremist voting, polarizing the two parties.

If we ever had 100% turn out or even 80% at an election I guarantee the america you see will be different than the one that exists now.

ETA:

Its not the dumb people that are the problem, its the ones with a little smarts who have allowed themselves to become disenfranchised with the system based on the abuses of the ones holding the power.

In reality it us the citizen that truly has the power.
edit on 5-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, theres no way to know if your voice is being heard. Why? Because theres no paper trail.

TPTB get masses of people to "vote" when theres no way to verify if anyone's vote was actually counted. This way, the people can "feel" as though we have a choice. We dont.

With very few exceptions (Rand or Ron Paul for example), if the winner is a Dem or a Repub, very little is going to change regardless.

Now, if everyone would vote 3rd Party as they did with Perot, it would be a way to expose the corruption and vote rigging.

edit on 5-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by beezzer

Well, theres no way to know if your voice is being heard. Why? Because theres no paper trail.

You've mentioned that more than once now and it's patently false. While it may be the case in some states, we are still the United States and not a United State. Each does it a little differently, and our state does both electronic AND honest to God paper.

We fill out the ballot with ball point pen to paper, feed the paper ballot into the ballot box (which does scan for count as it goes into the locked box) and at least in this state? That box contains your paper trail. Who knows how much longer that lasts, perhaps, but at the moment? Not everyone is trapped in a computer generated imitation of an election.

Also...as noted, the method is a STATE issue. Not a federal one. If we don't vote, we have absolutely no control over those races which DO matter. Like State House rep....who often has a relatively small pool making the vote totals. SHOCKINGLY small in some cases around the nation.

Voting matters on local, if not national levels...and your local school board president didn't somehow rig the entire election to win that little seat.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I remember when it was Bush vs Gore and I voted 3rd party as did most of my friends I was also military and I lived in one of the districts that decided the election. So no one can ever tell me that votes do not count again after that fiasco. Ultimately those like myself here made a mistake and because of that I wound up in Iraq.

I think many here are to young to have been part of that and it is just easier for them to be apathetic. It just bothers me when they have the Gaul to complain when they neglect civil responsibility.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The voting system is designed to give people the impression that they can influence the Government. If it wasn't for that illusion, there would have been a civil uprising a long time ago. As long as people believe they have a participatory government, they won't uprise. They'll just blame the other group and fight amongst each other. They'll tow the line.

In America's illusory political system, every year it's the Red team vs. the Blue team. The liberal ones vs. the conservative ones. All meaningless and pointless battling between illusory groups keeps us plenty busy, completely ineffective and dumb.

edit on 5-9-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Voting for either party is like choosing between a crap sandwich and turd stew. They are both crap just different pakages.

I have always known that our vote didnt matter. I have never done it nor will I, because the people runing those polls can do whatever they want. They can get rid of anything. Nobody watches the gov. so they just do what they want.

They give you the illusion of choice, then you are all hunky dory and thinking to yourself "I voted I have a voice and all those people who dont vote, dont have one!". They tricked you to shut you up, and you fell for that, hook .line and sinker.

Do you really think your voice matters? It dont. Sorry to burst your patriotic voting bubble, but you are trash to your government. No wait, more like a number
A source of energy and just a stepping stone for them to step on as they get rich and we get poorer.

Dont worry though, they will keep you occupied with new cell phones and games, so your little red white and blue fat finger will press the button and you will continue to shut up.

Have fun guys.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Peaceful revolution is the only way out of this mess but there are so few that are willing to make this sacrifice
to bring about change!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There's absolutely NO POINT in voting... maybe the culmination of psyops propaganda is working? It's totally corrupt, there's been dead people voting more than I have. Local is still kinda in our hands, if superpac lobbies have their way in the local... none of it will count.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well, I disagree, to a certain extent. I think voting at the city level still works. I've seen positive change as a direct result (it appears anyway) of vote. Now, once we get to the state/national level, no, I don't think it really matters.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz

Agreed. I only vote so my mom will shut up. It's always, "you don't vote, you can't complain"
And she still bitches when I vote for a third-party

Just listen to George Carlin; ''if you vote you have no right to complain. People like to twist that arround. When you vote you are responsible for the crap they have done. You caused the problem, you voted them in.
You have no right to complain (when you have voted).
If you didnt vote then you have all the right

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If democracy is being manipulated by money and other means or even worse voter fraud is involved then the problem is the americans who vote?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
"The entire money structured society is a false society, we have the brains, the know-how, the technology and the feasibility to build an entirely new civilization but the choice lies with you, the stupidity of a nuclear arms race, the development of weapons, trying to solve your problems politically by electing this political party or that political party, it was great - the free enterprise system - about 35 years ago. That was the last of its usefulness. Now, we have got to change our way of thinking or perish."-Jacque Fresco

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It doesn't matter who you vote for because the government always gets in.
All sides are the same side.
None of the above, needs to be a real option now.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have always voted, I remember being so excited when I was 18 yr old and could vote for the first time. Where do we even begin to fix this at this point ? When you grow up believing that our President is elected "fair and square" and therefore even if it wasn't your choice, as an American you "should" respect the decision of the majority. Boy, was that a con job, and I think that whole concept of "supporting" our President, especially during times of "war" , or your considered anti-American or a "terrorist"....is deliberate manipulation and really a form of bullying .

I have been sitting here thinking of HOW do we make sure our voices are heard in 2016, Ron Paul and his supporters sure tried...IDK.....if life as we know it is still here in 2016 and we still have the "freedom" to play the game of illusion that our votes matter, we need to out smart them somehow through alternative media and local efforts to maintain integrity when voting.

For those of you who haven't seen this video it's worth watching

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I can't help but agree with you on this one.

You should just stay home and let the adults take care of running the country.

I think it was Sir Wiston Churchill who once said, "The people always get the government they deserve."

The past couple of elections have shown how right he was.
edit on 6-9-2013 by teamcommander because: After thought.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Over-used perhaps but an even more salient quote is:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Couldn't be more true in this context.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join