It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's absolutely NO POINT in voting.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

There is a point in voting.
Regardless if they cheat or not, the voice, the collective voice, of the people are heard.
Now whether that collective voice is acted upon is subject to debate.
But those in power, whether openly acknowledging it or not, will hear what we have to say.
And I, for one, will continue using my voice, my vote, to speak as loudly as I can.

They hear what we have to say, but if it is not in their circles best interests, it does not matter what the people think, which has been proven time and time again. Latest Example is Syria where the majority are opposed to it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
See,'Man of the year"
another reason Not to believe in the voting scam
though robin williams could run circles around most political figures,.
the movie does give an example of government reach and strong arming

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The only way I can see any candidate legitimately winning the POTUS office is if it a landslide for that candidate in the public opinion polls then a win for his opponent would smell like rotten eggs.

Obama sold vote count to company in Spain Linked to Soros
www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

reply to post by gladtobehere

Regardless if they cheat or not, the voice, the collective voice, of the people are heard.

But those in power, whether openly acknowledging it or not, will hear what we have to say.

And I, for one, will continue using my voice, my vote, to speak as loudly as I can.

Respectfully, Beezer, and I truly mean that, one of the points, as I understand the OP, is that with mechanized counting of the vote via computer, if the count is messed with, your voice, in fact, may not be heard at all.
In fact, your entry into a system that is fallible and hackable, might just be another regeneration of an opportunity to lie.

If I vote for person A, and it is changed for person B, then that change will be registered somewhere.

Exit polls, or even internal polling, even though we don't see it, also tell the tale. The media will vomit whatever poll they think will sell the vote. But even they know the true writing on the wall.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You see Liberal this and Republican that, but one thing stands clear. Obama is no liberal and Bush was no Republican whatever they wish to label themselves as. They are both Neo-Fascists that do not serve the best interests of this nation, but only the serve those that they are $$$beholden$$$ to that put them in power.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

They hear what we have to say, but if it is not in their circles best interests, it does not matter what the people think, which has been proven time and time again. Latest Example is Syria where the majority are opposed to it.

What we have to say probably will never be in THEIR best interests.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

If I vote for person A, and it is changed for person B, then that change will be registered somewhere.
reply to post by beezzer

Come on. You really think it will be registered "somewhere" some "media" or other can track it so it means something? Really?

Sorry, I'm not buying it. No, there isn't a point. And you are allowing yourself to be fooled by this "right" and "priveledge" you supposedly have to "think you have a voice," and therefore, be pacified by that, IMHO. And this is why there will never be any true action, or taking back or asserting what the constitution and the bill of rights is supposed to mean, here. That, and the fact that, many have already agreed to those very rights being suspended for others, and therefore, are being dealt theirs being suspended in a rush to judgement in the very same way.......
Just my opinion. But I will continue to express it, as you will yours.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
voting......not something i have ever really given much of my energy towards.....

Pointless.....meaningless......waste of time.....

just a few words to describe my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As per useal south park sums it it 100%

I dont think any more explanation is needed.

Mods fix the dammed vido link! I cant get it to work

For anyome intrested just go to you tube and put in Southpark lets go out and vote.
edit on 5-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

very true...there is no point...all you're doing is voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

which is why until I feel that there is a truly good leader worth voting for I will not vote.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Everyone stop for a second and maybe re-read some of the posts. For the most part you view this as a 'lesser of TWO evils'. Tracehd1 is right. I (and many, many others) are convinced that both the Republican and Democratic parties have been essentially bought-and-sold by TPTB behind the scenes. They answer to the same masters and are part of the same agenda. So it doesn't matter which candidate you support as long as someone from one of the two anointed parties is 'elected'. TPTB can and do manipulate the vote to get the deck stacked in the way THEY want it at the time.

I've said it before: The measure of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Keep voting for Rep/Dems and we'll get the same results. Or don't vote and let the remaining voters do it for you by proxy. Isn't that abundantly clear by now?? The ONLY hope we have is to work together to utterly short-circuit the Republican/Democrat hegemony by refusing to vote for ANYONE from either party EVER. And to make that position highly visible. Make it a publicized electoral movement. They can fudge votes when their are only two possible outcomes but it becomes FAR more difficult when there are numerous candidates. When polls show the Reps/Dems with a tiny percentage of the votes.

I'm a child of the 60's. I know The People have the power to change the country on a massive scale. I've seen it. And it's MUCH easier now with social media and the internet. Here's the thing. yea, it would be difficult to get people to work together. But if we DON'T do it through an electoral take-over of the country the alternative is simply unthinkable. Taking it to the streets is not a good option but will be the only one left if we fail.

edit on 5-9-2013 by jtma508 because: typos

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

By voting for democrats or republicans?

Your voice isn't being heard by doing that either. It's muted.

Those in power now are about to engage in an illegal war despite the populace not supporting it. Democrats and Republicans are complicit in this scheme.

They don't give a damn what you have to say, whether you vote or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

We may get a page or 2 on it, but watch the page count go to 20 or 30 when the topic involves something totally irrelevant and offers a divide and conquer landscape instead of focusing on the economic and monetary policies being carried out by the ones above.

Sure not all people are interested in politics and of the people there are, not all want to look behind the curtain. But keep in mind after two pages you have something like 20 posts or so. Most of the time it is 20 posts of people agreeing, yet rephrasing their agreement. One can only phrase an agreement so many times before you run out of things to say. Since most of these threads are full of people agreeing with each other, discussion breaks down because there is little reason to follow up and respond to someone else's posts.

A lot of times I'll read these threads and if they've already hit 2 or 3 pages, everything I want to say on the topic has already been said, so I'll just give the OP a star and flag and move on to the next topic.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

voting is spectators show. The whole hoopla would be scraped long time ago were it not for the need to appear as if "people" have a say. They need to keep that appearance. They need to keep it for you to remain in line...and do what other drones are doing.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

You are correct, there is no reason to vote at all. It has been engrained in the generations before us that voting makes a difference and is part of your freedom, but that is all a sham when it comes to Dem or Rep parties. Democracy is the illusion of freedom.

It's impossible to get the majority to understand that behind closed doors they all work together, what is put on in public is for show. They keep us divided on purpose so we fight and argue each other so we don't fight them.

Your vote is nothing more than a poll to see how the public is thinking toward certain issues. That's why each side will be adamantly against or for an issue while the other side is the opposite. The problem is the majority of people vote the same way their parents did and stick with a party because it was engrained into them growing up. I mean its completely asinine to make up your mind before you've even heard the argument is it not??? Well that's what being loyal to a party is.

The very fact that it's almost impossible for an independent to run because it has to get on the ballot in every state and the Dem and Rep keep them out of the debates is the biggest red flag you need. The politicians do not serve the people and haven't for the longest time. They serve corporations, they are a business plain and simple.

Another huge problem is it's to a point where even the good people that get into politics to make real changes quickly realize that it's impossible and to keep their power or office they have to tow the line.

I still don't understand why people really think that voting does make a difference. Well I really hope the bible is true to the extent of hell because all of these politicians who line their own pockets while stepping on the livelihood of the people they are supposed and sworn to protect the interest of rot in hell. Otherwise I have wasted many years on this planet being as good as I could to others, because if their is no punishment I missed out on the free for all. (last part is a joke thats not a joke).

I hope for my unborn child that things are better for them and I'll do whatever I can to make that happen, but sadly I know in my heart the next generations will have it the worst. It's almost as if we want history to repeat itself and do everything to make it happen.

Time is a concept THEY created to make sure you never know what it is to be free. #DownWithTheMachine

Crazy is a label that learning men use to explain things they cant understand. I'm only as crazy as you are blind #DownWithTheMachine

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Exit polls, or even internal polling, even though we don't see it, also tell the tale. The media will vomit whatever poll they think will sell the vote. But even they know the true writing on the wall.

Exit polls can (and do) catch it. The last presidential "election" showed a number of precincts where the exit polls disagreed with the poll tallies. Surprise huh?

Professional exit polls are the only place where corruption shows. When a programmers handiwork flips your vote, not even the programmer would know. To code for such an event would be a finger pointing directly at the criminal perp. Not gonna happen.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I absolutely agree that the voting system has been and is being interfered with.

By continuing to vote you are condoning, supporting, and perpetuating the whole elaborate façade.

We should all abstain in protest. Zero votes cannot be miscounted either purposely or accidental.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I've been telling my family and close friends of mine for years that there is no point. It's been proven that the system they use can be hacked and #'s fudged.

That's all I wanted to say, I haven't felt good about voting, nor felt that my vote matter'd for years~

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Not true at all, look at the Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) bill that everyone wanted to pass despite the lobbyist opposition .

The voters demanded to not be informed on what they are eating.The voters pleaded with their elected officials to please not give them an option to decide what they feed their children, its best to not know.

The voters pleaded with their elected officials to please don't allow states to decided what is best for them.

The voters pleaded with their elected officials to hide the truth so companies can decrease their cost of operations and increase profit . if we know the truth then most likely the people will not choose GMO over natural foods. It would be to difficult to brainwash the masses so its just better for the lobbyist to not inform us, besides these companies are to big to fail.

The voters pleaded with their elected officials to not let the market decide what the consumer wants but rather just force us to accept it, the lobbyist know what is best and what we should want.

As a consumer being informed puts to much of a burden on us and its just better we don't pay attention.

So you see your opinion matters.

edit on 5-9-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Vote in your local elections...those are harder to manipulate and still have a large impact in your local community. I still vote in pres elections just on the off chance that my vote will count. Better to have voted and have at least a small chance of getting it to count. What if your vote does count but the choices are the same...as in Obama and Romney? You know the energy, fiscal, military etc...all the big issues are going to be the same...I vote for the guy that seems to have some real interest in what's important to me. That can be hard...gun control..is Romney the better choice? Or s he the same as Obama? Environment? Obama appeared to be more concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join