It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry: Arab countries offered to pay for military strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
America's getting pimped for slaughter.

September 4, 2013 1:37 PM EDT — Secretary of State John Kerry said at a House Foreign Affairs committee hearing that Arab counties have offered to pay for the entirety of unseating President Bashar al-Assad if the United States took the lead militarily. (The Washington Post)

Looks like Kerry knows how to handle Ms Liberty

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Money cant replace lives lost. I could care less if they can cover the cost.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Get the money up front! Well this certainly lends a lot of credence to the theory that Obama is pushing to get into Syria at the behest of the Saudis. If they want to pay for it tell 'em to call Blackwater.
edit on 4-9-2013 by abe froman because: politics man,politics.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Having just watched the video on the Washington Post site ... which has since been rendered 'unavailable, due to being 'processed'..... I certainly couldn't make out where he said, 'has agreed to pay anything.

his actual words were along the lines of, '
'with respect to ...ub ...Araba ... ub... countries... ub... offering to bear acrost and assist... the answer is profoundly Yes. They have. That offer is on the table... then about no boots on the gorund... blah-di-blah nonsense.' .
I replayed it several times before it 'went offline'', and not once did he say, have agreed to pay for attacking....

It is/was rather clear audio/video throughout, so i have no idea where these folks are 'reporting' him having actually said it as so. (?)

not that it really matters, we'll be striking Syria before the middle of next week anyway, it seems.

edit on 9/4/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: ETA: for clarity of his actual words

[ETA]

Here's the link to the recording:
video link

edit on 9/4/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/4/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Like everyone else on here I am to the point, and have probably been so for quite some time, where nothing surprises me. It takes some of the zest out of life. This has proxy war written all over it. So what's the solution? Action. When will we find ourselves with a charismatic figure to believe in and lead us with the truth? That person will undoubtedly be killed, but when will the point come when it won't matter? When will we take a page from our military and be able to move on with the same strength even though we've lost someone? When that day comes that is when all of the lies and propaganda won't mean a damn thing. I hope I live to see it.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Nosce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Money cant replace lives lost. I could care less if they can cover the cost.

Likely few if any lives will be lost. TLAM strikes will be on places that the Assad no doubts expects and will have empty. They will be places that cost a lot of money to replace and will be a pain for him to replace and will no doubt degrade his ability to wage war but, its not like they will be targeting troops or anything. Remember this is to be a message about not using any further chemical weapons. It is not a strike to win the war for the rebels or take out Assad.

new topics

top topics

join