It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

QR codes - targeting a file , not a URL ?

page: 1

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:18 PM
hi - I am now playing with QR codes - using an android phone - and canot get a QR code to target a text file on my phone - not a URL

I am using zint code generator on a windows PC to creat codes [ as this is the only app so far I can get to generate the correct address ]

byt scanning in in my phone [ android ] the neoreader app will not open a file in memory - it defaults to browser and fails a websearch

as its only a personal project - to sort my own kit - I really don't want to start paying for apps / software

can anyone suggest how to do this

PS - a " text QR " is not an opoition - I have 200 to 700 word inventory lists and service chits for various kit

I need to link a QR to MS office files converted to android office

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:54 PM
You need to upload your file to the internet and link the QR code to the link (url) of that file. Use a free upload service, upload your file, take the URL and create a QR code for that URL. When scanned, you'll be redirected to that file URL and download should begin.

This site: will help you to link different data types.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:41 PM
I haven't worked with qr codes but if you use a url such as
the file will be opened with the browser, which may prompt you to download or open, or just open it depending on file type.

new topics