It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry: Arab countries offered to pay for invasion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That is the top 48pt headline on Drudge report. Really... It seems he's actually saying this. Is he mental? Just stupid in the true 'slow thinking' sense or is he really that big a scumbag, to lie straight to our faces and almost smirk while he does it?

Secretary of State John Kerry said at Wednesday’s hearing that Arab counties have offered to pay for the entirety of unseating President Bashar al-Assad if the United States took the lead militarily.

“With respect to Arab countries offering to bear costs and to assess, the answer is profoundly yes,” Kerry said. “They have. That offer is on the table.”
Sourc e

It's really Groundhog Day with worse people! I heard those EXACT SAME WORDS said by Dick Cheney, who (at the time) was in a very different position for Government than he later came to hold. (Secy Defense back then) That was said in 1991. It proved largely untrue and unrealized (Although Kuwait was generous to a fault and Saudi did service as a low rate gas station for some of it)

I heard no less a man then the PRESIDENT say those almost those exact same words in 2002 when people asked how we'd ever pay for what has come to be well over ONE TRILLION in war costs, to make a bad nation far worse off than we found it. Then Bush said the oil fields of Iraq would pay to offset our direct costs in their liberation.

The Iraqi people, he said, would be so happy to see us and so grateful for our efforts to bring them a better life, we'd absolutely have our gas covered and additional costs further offset within the coalition.

Well.....That was WELL OVER 1 trillion *US* dollars ago and my gas pump price is higher today than I recall it before the war began, by a fair margin.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling a little screwed over these promises from the first rounds of them. Yet another Politician who actualy has a BAD honesty track record in his case, is hardly going to make the same empty promises a 3rd time and get this bunny to buy it.

How about everyone else? Does anyone buy that AFTER the shooting ends and no one needs to impress us or make us happy anymore, they'll be writing checks to the U.S. for war costs? Anyone? (looks across dead silence).

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yea, just like Iraqi oil was going to pay for that war

Yea, im not above talking down on my fellow GOP'rs.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Let me guess ?

Saudi Arabia, and Qatar ?

Oh yeah they will pay for it alright. Because those two are the ones who have given the most money to AQ in Syria.

Those are the only two 'arab allies' pushing for 'war'.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hey Wrabbit thanks for the post. Over the pass couple days of congressional meetings with Kerry, I have been getting a sense that the US / West have just become hired guns in the employ of Oil rich, Middle eastern allies.

Saudi Arabia being one of the central figures. I would not be surprised if the entire Arab league is pressuring for a US lead intervention and using oil exports as a motivating factor!

What have we become, hired mercenaries to act at the behest of oil rich groups!?! Opps, it's like that already.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Translation; "hey don't worry, we're not killing innocent people and destabilizing the region for terrorists to take over with our own money, we're been funded by the same people who are funding Al Qaeda "

You're full of #, Kerry.

I honestly don't know how these people sleep at night

edit on 4-9-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Please let's not pretend that our own oil cartels aren't profiting.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

How about everyone else? Does anyone buy that AFTER the shooting ends and no one needs to impress us or make us happy anymore, they'll be writing checks to the U.S. for war costs? Anyone? (looks across dead silence).

I wouldn't be surprised if Saudi Arabia is the one who has said that they would pay for this to happen. However, I do not think they realized anyone would be stupid enough to say it out loud.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I have no doubt it was said and that they might just follow through with it. Consider the price of a barrel of oil might almost double, they'd have plenty of cash to fund this misadventure.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by MDDoxs

Nor do i pretend they aren't. However, with speculation surrounding where the chemical attacks originated and the source of the chemicals used, Saudi Arabia has come up enough times to seem suspicious. Now, we have them willing to be for the removal of Assad? Seems highly suspect.

This is part of an ancient conflict/rivalry that crosses centuries and borders.

Of course U.S / Western based parties will take advantages of opportunities.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oh well there you go, I didn't know cost where the only objection to the war...

How about we stop killing people for the Saudi's, how about that?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

How about everyone else? Does anyone buy that AFTER the shooting ends and no one needs to impress us or make us happy anymore, they'll be writing checks to the U.S. for war costs? Anyone?

Oh they might. Mind you, you'll never see a penny out of that. Or hear that it ever happened.

I would be very curious to find out how much Bush & Cheney's wealth and assets grew, before the war and after the war...

But it'll never happen. It would be part of the truth and for like any other citizen, truth is only on a need to know basis nowadays. Truth has left the building...

Good questions.

edit on 4-9-2013 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by MDDoxs

Let's not pretend that OPEC cartels aren't profiting in the ME.

Think AQ is Saudi's '?Blackwater' anytime they want to increase their profits.
edit on 4-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This should be sent to every Congressman in the US.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

They have the luxury to say no, Obama pretty much said he would go through with this anyway. I'm surprised there's even been a draft resolution drawn up in the Senate. Every asshole now gets to stump that they voted against taking action and pretend they are true representatives of the people. Just look at the flip-flopping narratives. I think I have whiplash.

I like the graphic though.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it being true. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the two countries that want that gas pipeline. And if I recall, pre-9/11 it was all about a pesky oil pipeline that Cheney and company couldn't seem to make happen in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Of course they are, doesn't justify a damn thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I"m calling BS on John 'WInter Soldier' Kerry.
Unless he shows us in writing the documents from the Arab countries .... it's a load of bull.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They pay in CASH, the US pays in LIVES.. How nice of them.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia will "pay" for it by agreeing to keep supporting oil sold in USD. It's really the only reason we're nice to them -- we made a deal back in the 70's to keep their royal line in power in exchange for using the USD as the only currency you can buy oil with.

If people understood that Saudi Arabia has our economy by the balls -- we'd all be better off. The only reason our money is worth anything to anyone is because they need it to buy oil. So, to keep our economy from completely collapsing and causing a world-wide economic melt down... we do what Saudi Arabia wants.

It won't matter if the USA is energy independent by 2020 or whatever. If everyone dumps the US dollar world wide because it's worthless and they don't need it ... we're screwed.

America has battered wife syndrome, and Saudi Arabia is the husband. They let us appear big and powerful, but underneath we're their little b's.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
That is the top 48pt headline on Drudge report. Really... It seems he's actually saying this. Is he mental? Just stupid in the true 'slow thinking' sense or is he really that big a scumbag, to lie straight to our faces and almost smirk while he does it?

Secretary of State John Kerry said at Wednesday’s hearing that Arab counties have offered to pay for the entirety of unseating President Bashar al-Assad if the United States took the lead militarily.

“With respect to Arab countries offering to bear costs and to assess, the answer is profoundly yes,” Kerry said. “They have. That offer is on the table.”
Sourc e

Just for full accuracy...the Arabian countries offered...the USA did not request...and the question was posed to Kerry to determine where the other Arabic countries stood on Syria and how strongly they stood there.

AND...the latter half of Kerry's quote?

That’s not in the cards, and nobody’s talking about it, but they’re talking in serious ways about getting this done.

WE ARE NOT PUTTING BOOTS ON THE GROUND IN SYRIA....NOT HAPPENING.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join