It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Is This Weird Web-Tower Thing? We Asked Around. No One Knows

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
This is either a very clever hoax or we have something very special here.

Sets up a perimeter barrier ( very much as we do ).

Also sets up a 'big top' canopy to catch anything airborne and incoming.

A previous poster mentioned something about 3D modelling/pen or some such ...

Point being - we need quantifiable proof these days, just due to current tech.

Either way - it made me take note !

edit on 6-9-2013 by Timely because: added the /pen bit.

As I posted earlier it's some doofus with a 3D pen. Notice the ring of plastic laid down to adhere to the rock so the fence posts can get stuck to it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

That plastic ring is an equivalent to concrete footings in a building.
It gives the uprights a sympathetic base.

As I said, cool hoax!

Or not ....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Perhaps drop a fly on it and see what happens.

I love this! Bear with me a sec. So this alien or unknown race of creatures, or new intelligent species knows we exist and decided to attempt contact. They build this "thing" basically as a "hello...we wish to communicate with you". Being intelligent, they probably had talks amongst themselves..."should we contact these weird human creatures?". They debated, some taking the pro and some the con. Maybe even arguing their points, their concerns, their fears and the effort required...much like we would discuss a trip to Mars. Finally the vote comes in. They will construct this "thing" to say hello. And there it is. Their effort, their concerns, their hopes to expand beyond being unknown to us and say "we are here". And they await our response.

Along comes a human...looks at their creation and drops a fly on it and walks away.

I'm sorry...but THAT scenario just cracks me up!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm pretty sure it's a spider nest. In fact I would put money on it.

I agree. I've seen spider nests on my windows - they place the egg sac in the corner and then surround the entire corner with lots of webbing. It's almost impossible for anything else to get inside. The biggest danger is another spider of the same species coming along and digesting the web for nutrition. Having a little picket fence and a tower would be one way of saying "this is my space and babies - don't eat them!".

Another hazard would be moths, wasps and other scavengers. The tent-pole in the middle plus all the rigging would mean that anything trying to get the egg-sac would get all tangled up and likely to become a meal for something else.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
Looks like a fortified spider web, most likely to protect itself from other predators. Neat.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

Almost agree. Those web lines running from the fence to the center vibrate when something gets caught in the fence. DINNER TIME! Just a guess.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thank's for sharing! Now if we just leave it alone we shall see someday. Funny part is they call us the smart one!

Life ever changing; and here we have been the same for? Interesting though, any other pictures/views? Would like to see what it looks like at top view. It's so white though, does it blend in or attract? Could be posion for another creature it fears so set a trap!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

CSS containers are being screwed. I have to reload thepage every page with an image or it is truncated half way. Even if the post goes on and on and on with more info under it.

So.. the ants are preparing their doomsday devices. I see.

We must prepare the ant eaters..

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Has anybody read the Runelords series?
Looks like Reaver constructions

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Republican brain.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Mystery of Bizarre Amazon Web Formations Unraveled

www.livescience.com...

Finally, the researchers removed three of the structures from a tree and put them under a glass. After about a week, the mystery was finally solved when two spiderlings came out of two of the structures, and later, a third spiderling hatched from the formation.

The Mystery Silkhenge Spider

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"Happy New Year" and Thank You, nice to see the results of a true Natural Genius.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

steaming
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"Happy New Year" and Thank You, nice to see the results of a true Natural Genius.

HNY to you too.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
If you want the whole story about it (which I find rather interesting) it is here (Go Deep Into the Amazon With Scientists Unraveling a Creepy Mystery) and the second part with a pic of the spiderling and more of the web-tower thingy is here (We Went to the Amazon to Find Out What Makes These Weird Web-Tower Things)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
its a building for alien spiders that invaded earth on their metal meteor ships

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Wow, this is definitely interesting, there is still so much we do not understand about our own planet.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by faradaycage

They figured it out. It's a web-sack for a baby spider. From what I understand, just one...not a bunch.

Pretty cool though.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Incredible intricacy.

It just goes to show how intelligent other species are, and how we sometimes overlook this.

I think a spider would be my bet. Incredible whatever made it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join